[DE]Rebecca

[Build Status: Friday] Update 19.1.0

I think as far as this thread goes the usefulness of the rewards are like this:

(From least to most)

Nitain: While it was necessary for EVERYTHING when it released so we stocked up on it.... it now has no use but to go into the pile, even if your hinting at something upcoming.

Forma: A completed forma is not easy to find (except...you know...those moon chests, love those BTW) but we can get their blueprints reliably in relics. So even though a completed forma isn't really desired its good because it WILL be used eventually.

Boosters (kind?): They tend to be good but as someone stated some players use them a lot anyways. Now if your staking them this is good for everyone. The only thing with boosters is, even though they are probably the most useful of the 3 new rewards, if I don't feel like farming over the next 3 days, I end up doing it anyways so the booster doesn't get wasted.

]\'[

• Upvote 3

There will be 6 Kuva Siphon missions active which will rotate around the planets near the Kuva Fortress with a cool down as you complete each one.

Are you kidding me, a cooldown? Back to farming Rusalka then. :c

Not a fan of diluting the sortie reward pool with garbage either. (3d boosters are good though.) I am talking the nitain and forma. If you remove the nitain and add the 3 forma instead, I will love that.

Can we please stop making things unrewarding for the effort? 

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

I thought...you guys were still working on the ash ultimate and what we saw wasn't the final version?

" Bladestorm now has a new 'Mark Enemy' mode that is activated when you hit 4. Ash enters target mode, which you can freely target enemies with your reticule up to 3 times each for attack. Once you're satisfied, press 4 again, Bladestorm begins and all targeted enemies are attacked!
"

Thats what you stuck with? Aww man. Guess the players didn't have workable ideas either.

There were workable ideas. DE just stuck with keeping bladestorm cinematic mode and just tweaked the targeting. At least they gave something in the form of corpses no longer being detectable and teleport working on objects (would have been easier to make it free cast on surface with an 1-2m radial stagger-finisherOpener but would have caused problems with Fatal Teleport).

I hope they at least add something to Smoke Screen. Maybe the +0.4 Mobility it gives in Conclave? maybe making Shuriken deal it's full (instant+bleed) damage instantly to unalerted targets?

• Upvote 3

I have tons of nitain that I don't need at all.  Getting more from sortie drops will really piss me off.  Unless there is some way to monetize extra nitain, I'd rather receive 2k Endo than any nitain reward.

• Upvote 10

34 minutes ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

Exilus adapter Blueprint

I'm not happy with this being included, it's waaay cheaper to just buy them than craft them.

Edited by lllKoyotelll
grammar
  • Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sortie Reward Changes

New Sortie Rewards after this Update will be:

3 Day Booster
3 Nitain
Forma
Exilus adapter bluprint

OH MY...where to start ...

People are doing Sorties for their rewards ... and i can assure you that those ... aren't the ones... (Endo is just a consolation prize while those are like punishment)
Boosters (simply speaking) aren't appealing, you just get things twice as fast ... We are aiming for other stuff on the list.

Nitain can be farmed via alerts, and if you are here long enough doing them from time to time don't hurt and you will have plenty.

Forma... we have relics that give forma... why do we even need to do a sortie to get a forma ?!

in case of the Exilus adapter ... a BP ?! Simaris is selling those !

To sum it up... Those 4 ... should not be part of Sorties!

Edited by Kracken
  • Upvote 27

41 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance)
3 Day Booster
3 Nitain

Forma
Exilus Adaptor Blueprint

raw

DE, please..

• Upvote 21

It's too early to judge, but I feel like the changes are supposed to improve our experience while in truth not changing much:

- the Kuva Siphons changes sound cool, but the cooldown part is not exactly clear and I'm afraid it'll mean that once you've done those 6 missions you will have to wait, say, an hour before the first one respawn which will basically give us the same spawn rate as we have now 

- honestly it's the second time a good suggestion is made by Sheldon during a devstream and then the actual in game change is completely different: token system first and now this change to sortie drop tables; I feel like unless Riven mods have the same drop chance Endo has now, the situation will be actually worse after this update drops. 

All speculations, so I can't wait to test everything myself, but I have to admit it all sounds way less appealing that I though it would. 

P.S. any chances that Kuva Guardian and Jester will be added to the codex? 

Anyway, thanks for the heads up Rebecca! 

• Upvote 6

Yeah, not too excited about those new sortie rewards. I mean, the lowered chance for 2k endo is nice and all, but at this point I don't see why you guys don't have endo just be one pool and reward us with a random amount if we happen to get that (similar to lenses).

I'm glad that the forma appears to be a built forma instead of a blueprint, but it still seems lacking. Bump it up to 3 built forma and I think people will be fine with it.

The 3 day booster...depends on what kind of booster tbh. I assume it'll randomly cycle through all 4. If so, I know I'm gonna be annoyed when I see "3 day resource drop chance booster"

The nitain I'm a bit conflicted on. It would be helpful for newer players or anyone who isn't able to do the alerts for whatever reason, but I have well over 100 nitain. This reward would literally be useless to me. Personally, I'd just scrap the nitain and replace it with around 2000 kuva

• Upvote 3

On the topic of bladestorm, will there be some kind of balance changes with the new mode? I'd rather not spend a bunch of energy to only barely touch 1 enemy. The least that needs to be done is some kind of scaling for energy cost, and a blanket increase to damage.

• Upvote 2

Please do not dilute the sortie drop tables its hard enough to get a riven mod to drop atm...

• Upvote 7

43 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

so here is my issue with the Sortie reward changes.

• people don't want the drop chance for 2k Endo reduced.. they want it removed. reducing the drop chance will make getting it just that much more of a kick to the groin.
  • 3 nitain is nice, but most people who do Sorties don't really need Nitain anymore.
  • the same goes for Formas, most people who run Sorties run them with fully forma'd gear, meaning they have no use for even more formas, at least it's a fully build forma and not just another blueprint.
  • some of these Sorties are really unforgiving, and then they reward us with stuff we have no use for.

Love the Ash and Kuva changes tho, and I can't wait for Frost Deluxe

I agree with this a lot. People right now want Riven mods the most since they are already enoguh RNG as it is.
keeping Sortie a random drop table for once a day is just too much RNG.

As Tactical Potato once said. Riven is RNG to get a mod, RNG to get it for a weapon you want and RNG to have it the right stats.
With all those new things added it is even worse to get one.

I had hoped that Sortie would become this thing where you get coins or something allowing you to get what you are looking for in sortie. Not more RNG.
You remove some of the RNG for Kuva but add more for Sortie.

What is DE's obsession with having random in random on top of random?

• Upvote 7

Ok, I'm seeing some extreme dilution of sortie rewards, with bonus added "stuff noone wants", a severe nerf to kuva farming and a really slow and clunky replacement of bladestorm with what appears to be slowlyaimedpapercut.

All we need is more rng and we have a beaut of a patch.

• Upvote 6

Let's FormA queue to sign a petition about Forma being added!

Really, that and Nitain?  Is the Forma a BP or actual 'built' Forma?

Thanks for the update but :

• People are sick of the 2k endo reward, it's not worth our time doing the sortie missions
  • Even with this rework, ash will still be "press 4 and watch ash do the job", that's not fixing the issue
  • Thanks for diluting the sortie reward pool, many players don't give a damn about lens / greater lens anymore and most people don't waste 2 forma to craft an exilus adaptor
  • Nitain and forma ? Really ? Once again, not worth our time in sortie

GIVE US A TOKEN SYSTEM SO WE CAN GRIND FOR WHAT WE WANT

(I appreciate a lot the kuva change though it's very nice, but I hope you'll fix them on uranus, the cloud spawns very close to the siphon)

Edited by Trichouette
  • Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

a 30% chance of encountering one.

I went for about 15 runs without encountering one, have seen people claim about more, are you sure about those numbers?

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Enemies killed by Bladestorm will dissolve, leaving no corpse behind to detect!
- Teleport will now allow you to target anything with a healthbar! Instead of being limited to Teleporting to allies or enemies, you can now teleport to objects. 

OMG you're awesome!

59 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Riven Mod
Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance)
Endo (4K)
3 Day Booster
Lens/Greater Lens
3 Nitain
Forma
Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
Legendary Core.

What are the chances? Because until now I never saw a reactor/catalyst/exilus adaptor since Sorties were introduced, so I hope you increase a bit the chances. 

BTW introducing Forma in Sorties is a bad idea, really...

Edited by Drufo
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, NinjaManTR said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/180714177051099136/251059671555768332/unknown.png

I can dream ; ;

That looks like a nice reward table.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Bladestorm now has a new 'Mark Enemy' mode that is activated when you hit 4. Ash enters target mode, which you can freely target enemies with your reticule up to 3 times each for attack. Once you're satisfied, press 4 again, Bladestorm begins and all targeted enemies are attacked!
- Enemies killed by Bladestorm will dissolve, leaving no corpse behind to detect!

This sounds like a straight up nerf in every way I can imagine and I am trying to be positive. 

• Upvote 2