[DE]Rebecca

[Build Status: Friday] Update 19.1.0

How is an exillus adapter more useful than former? What do you do with your extra adapters? They can't make that a common reward

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

How is an exillus adapter more useful than former? What do you do with your extra adapters? They can't make that a common reward

I don't have extra exilus adapters as I have purchased 0-1 from simaris and 0-1 from the market they aren't terribly common I have plenty more potatos laying about but like having them in sortie. I have too many forma to count and too many ducats so forma are not needed in sortie plus they are, or were, in the invasion reward table.

Edited by Seulb

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello PC Tenno!

A bit of a busy past 2 weeks, it seems! The War Within is out with plenty of Hotfixes, Valkyr Prime is live, but we still have more coming!

The following is expected to ship this Thursday in Update 19.1.0. Everything is subject to last minute change, so make sure to read the Update notes for final information.

Kuva Siphon: Fixes & Changes

We're looking to include important fixes for Kuva Siphon encounters that don't spawn enemies, but we also have broader Kuva Siphon changes coming.

Right now:

- You can access Kuva Siphons on a limited number of Planets (read: 2) with a 30% chance of encountering one.

The coming changes will result in the following:

- Kuva Siphon missions will spawn on any Planet near the ever-moving Kuva Fortress.
- Kuva Siphon missions will have its own selectable mission to enter (exactly like how other multi-mission nodes work). This way once you commit to it, you know exactly what you're going in for and matchmaking will reflect that accordingly.
- There will be 6 Kuva Siphon missions active which will rotate around the planets near the Kuva Fortress with a cool down as you complete each one.

Ash Deluxe + Ash Bladestorm Changes

Ash Deluxe is coming, and so is Bladestorm's Rework!

We decided to rework Bladestorm after almost a full year of the same themed feedback showing up. We often heard and experienced a power that doesn't allow for player participation beyond pressing 4 once and waiting. We have been increasingly committed to participatory powers (especially ultimates) and focused on emphasizing that for Bladestorm.

Ash Changes:

- Bladestorm now has a new 'Mark Enemy' mode that is activated when you hit 4. Ash enters target mode, which you can freely target enemies with your reticule up to 3 times each for attack. Once you're satisfied, press 4 again, Bladestorm begins and all targeted enemies are attacked!
- Enemies killed by Bladestorm will dissolve, leaving no corpse behind to detect!
- Teleport will now allow you to target anything with a healthbar! Instead of being limited to Teleporting to allies or enemies, you can now teleport to objects. 

Sortie Reward Changes

We are intending to ship these with Update 19.1.0! If that changes, we'll update you.

Right now the Sortie reward pool includes:

Endo (2K)
Endo (4K)
Riven Mod
Lens/Greater Lenses
Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards after this Update will be:

Riven Mod
Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance)
Endo (4K)
3 Day Booster
Lens/Greater Lens
3 Nitain
Forma
Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
Legendary Core.

And that's a quick (or maybe not so quick) overview of what's coming this week! Thanks for reading, and check the 19.1.0 notes on release for the final information should any of this change.
Rebecca

P.S Console Tenno, you'll get this all too in your 'The War Within' update!
P.P.S this post turned out way longer than I had expected, but enjoy!

@[DE]Rebecca Will TennoGen round 6 be added soon? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Weirdiolio said:

Thinking about bladestorm a bit more. With these proposed changes, why not just use fatal teleport for everything? It would be much faster, less clunky, deal more damage, and cost significantly less energy.

Part of the reason for the rework is that very few people ever used any of his other abilities. I couldn't even tell you what his other abilities do, much less their names. If it encourages people to begin using them more often, they've probably attained their goal.

So excited about the Ash rework.  Should make him more of an assassin/ninja frame as opposed to a spam 4 frame.  The Kuva changes seem nice too.

Not at all excited about getting Nitain as a sortie reward but overall good update.

1epdq8.jpg

Honestly though.. I just don't know anymore what to think about this.. But just hope you guys will change this and not do this bad change in rewards.. cause really, this is depressing. I for one am sure will not do sorties anymore, unless they are super easy ones and I have nothing better to do at that point.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Synitare said:

Part of the reason for the rework is that very few people ever used any of his other abilities. I couldn't even tell you what his other abilities do, much less their names. If it encourages people to begin using them more often, they've probably attained their goal.

If that's the case, they've failed in that goal. All this will do is shift focus to his 3. Without changes to his abilities scaling with duration more, his 2 will remain unused. At least his 1 is half decent.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Therril said:

So if you have 100% to get an item. And there are let's say 7 items to get with varying chances. Adding an 8th item should lower the chance of other items no?
Having more items as rewards lowers the chance of getting what you seek.

Unlike before, you could get certain items only once, increasing the odds of getting what you seek later on. Now you can get everything every time.
So no matter how ofter you do sortie, the chance to get what you seek stays equally as low.

You truly lack of basic understanding of drop chances

53 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Kuva Siphon missions will spawn on any Planet near the ever-moving Kuva Fortress.
- Kuva Siphon missions will have its own selectable mission to enter (exactly like how other multi-mission nodes work). This way once you commit to it, you know exactly what you're going in for and matchmaking will reflect that accordingly.

u350dA1.gif

- There will be 6 Kuva Siphon missions active which will rotate around the planets near the Kuva Fortress with a cool down as you complete each one.

cUvvncy.jpg

Riven Mod
Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance)
Endo (4K)
3 Day Booster
Lens/Greater Lens
3 Nitain
Forma

Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
Legendary Core.

sce4k09.jpg

• Upvote 14

Might I suggest also adding a reason (reward wise) to repeat sorties.  Perhaps with just a chance for an additional drop each time completed?  A key reason people are distressed over riven mods is they are so rare in obtaining them.  Even a chance at getting multiples per day would go a long way in soothing the beasts so to speak.  Even if that chance is small but possible over time.

Edited by Xekrin

Shouldn't this be marked spoiler?

Does this mean we are never getting a token sortie system?

Can Riven be made to be transmutable with other Riven mods to roll a new Riven mod?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Calthous said:

A forma!? Why would you put that in the rewards? Thats worse then the 2k endo!

No it's not not some of us use forma. There are plenty of places to get endo without sacrificing ducats

• Upvote 1

The coming changes will result in the following:

Will this be the only way to obtain Kuva now, or will there still be a chance to spawn a siphon on high level missions?

haha! wow great idea DE!!!  lets dilute even more sortie rewards with useless nitain and formas....!!!  ffs!

hell just add bundles of morphics and rubedo i dont even care anymore lel

Edited by minidelight
  • Upvote 4

Gradually shifting to an intrinsic reward setting is rough when so many players are heavily focused on extrinsic ones.

Wow ok, so you guys will reduce the 2k Endo chance on Sorties, only to add more junk drops like 3 Nitain and ONE forma

That solves nothing at all! Forma is stupidly easy to get from relics and Nitain has limited use while Endo is always usable.

Please, DONT add forma or nitain to sorties.

Who the hell thinks this is a good idea? You remove 30% chance from 2k endo, and then instead of spliting that with the other drops, you create 2 new junk rewards to share that 30%.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, gizol333 said:

So you're upset that we get a guaranteed 6 Kuva siphons without having to rely on RNG to spawn them. Further, you're upset that the Sortie rewards are going to be rewarding something that is actually useful to a lot of players? What is it exactly that you want? Just a limitless supply of Kuva for free, and 12k platinum as the most common sortie reward?

Guys, can we please just wait until we see the actual drop chances for these rewards before we start throwing a conniption? Please?

Edited by Synitare

And still nothing on the Valkyr prime lore mess? Are you really going to ignore it and just move on?

So instead of thinking of fun ways to improve kuva farming you limit it even further by replacing RNG with time-gated missions? Am I reading this correctly?

41b6ae1cde.jpg

• Upvote 9

You just made the sortie rewards worse, i have 20 nitain on my account and stop bothering getting any more simply because there is nothing else to use it on. People that do sorties dont care about forma either...

You just diluded even more the rewards....You guys rly wanna keep rivens rare and expensive eh?

"No matter you agree or disagree, the only objective for rivens are to give new life to old weapons" -Steve 2016

YEAH RIGHT! XD is not about selling more plat suuuuuuure, none of us think of it at this point.

Not even gonna complain about the kuva cooldown, there is no point rly since you guys keep making riven mods more and more rare xD (because rare stuff give more life to old weapons right? rarity alone make them stronger).

But i bet you guys gonna do a happy surprise for us and gonna slap on our faces a 1h cooldown, if not more.

Edited by CarameIIo
  • Upvote 7

Just now, Monchopin said:

So instead of thinking of fun ways to improve kuva farming you limit it even further by replacing RNG with time-gated missions? Am I reading this correctly?

Please explain how this is worse than RNG?

• Upvote 1

Please add a way to get at least one guaranteed Riven a week. I don't think these drop table changes will prevent players from getting other rewards. 

One suggestion is from syndicates for a large amount of rep. It'd still target endgame players and require several days work to get. 

• Upvote 3