Jump to content

Limbo rework For my taste


(XBOX)DraaftLore
 Share

Recommended Posts

I love Limbo, he is my favorite frame to play with for spy missions, he is very fun on defense missions if i'm not soloing i don't even touch cataclysm.  He how ever does need some tweaks. which i feel should be the following.

Passive

The rift plane(current): You and allies regenerate 2 energy per second while in the rift, and you and allies can not interact with any objects in the material plane.

The rift plane(Envisioned): You and your allies regenerate 2 energy per second while in the rift, and you may gather resources and mods in the material plane you may not interact with anything else.

Current: You gain Increased Movement, Reload, and holster speed while in the rift.  

Envisioned: You a movement, reload and holster speed buff while in the rift because of your supreme mastery, allies gain half the effectiveness while in the rift.

 

Banish

Current: displace a target into the rift plane damaging hostile units.

Envisioned: banish enemy units into the rift plane damaging them in the process.

 

Riftwalk

Current: Pass yourself into the rift plane.

Envisioned: Pass through the rift, while there this ability gets a press and a hold toggle.  pressing the ability removes you from the rift, while holding in creates a tear in the rift which allies can jump through to enter the rift.

 

Rift Surge

Current: Surge the void energy through the rift increasing damage that enemies take there.

Envisioned: Surge the rift with void energy filling allies with temporary mastery of the rift, they get full buff from your passive.  You increase the damage enemies take and reduce their armor by 2/4/6/8%.

 

Cataclysm

 

Current: Displace a location on the map to the rift anything that phases into the area takes damage.

Envisioned: Displace a location into the rift any enemies already in the rift are applied a debuff called sundered, which will apply rift surge and a small DoT to them.  any enemies that enter the area are sundered and displaced into the rift. 

Edited by (XB1)DraaftLore Sage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like your version of his rework, especially the Rift Walk. It is a really unique feture. But I feel like the Sunder effect would be next to useless since you would have to Banish a bunch of enemies and than put them in Cataclysm. One thing I would add is damage reduction while in the rift so it can increase your survivabilty and a stagger effect on Cataclysm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ChameleonBro said:

I really like your version of his rework, especially the Rift Walk. It is a really unique feture. But I feel like the Sunder effect would be next to useless since you would have to Banish a bunch of enemies and than put them in Cataclysm. One thing I would add is damage reduction while in the rift so it can increase your survivabilty and a stagger effect on Cataclysm.

the sunder effect is applied to banished when cata is active not based on location. it still would pull an area of the map into the rift but it also applies sunder to them when the it if they are enemies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XB1)DraaftLore Sage said:

the sunder effect is applied to banished when cata is active not based on location. it still would pull an area of the map into the rift but it also applies sunder to them when the it if they are enemies.

Oh so if you Banish them while they are in Cataclysm ? That makes a lot more sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, (XB1)DraaftLore Sage said:

I love Limbo, he is my favorite frame to play with for spy missions, he is very fun on defense missions if i'm not soloing i don't even touch cataclysm.  He how ever does need some tweaks. which i feel should be the following.

Passive

The rift plane(current): You and allies regenerate 2 energy per second while in the rift, and you and allies can not interact with any objects in the material plane.

The rift plane(Envisioned): You and your allies regenerate 2 energy per second while in the rift, and you may gather resources and mods in the material plane you may not interact with anything else.

Current: You gain Increased Movement, Reload, and holster speed while in the rift.  

Envisioned: You a movement, reload and holster speed buff while in the rift because of your supreme mastery, allies gain half the effectiveness while in the rift.

 

Banish

Current: displace a target into the rift plane damaging hostile units.

Envisioned: banish enemy units into the rift plane damaging them in the process.

 

I got two problems.

One, I think allies should be able to interact with stuff, but the Limbo shouldn't. The ability to pick up items and hack consoles while in the Rift is a way to stop trolls, not buff the frame.

Two, Banish should be a single-target cast. I play Limbo pretty much anytime I can get away with it, and putting multiple targets into the Rift at once is the job of Cataclysm. Your wording is kinda strange, but so long as you keep it single target, the ability is accomplishing what it needs to be.

Beyond that, this rework is refreshingly true to the frame. The talks of a rift portal spawned by rift walk seems to be increasingly prevalent, and I wonder if [DE] Scott has taken notice yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, brainjelly2g0 said:

The talks of a rift portal spawned by rift walk seems to be increasingly prevalent, and I wonder if [DE] Scott has taken notice yet.

Because it acts like Volt's speed up coil and it makes sense. Banish is already not very user friendly when trying to target a single enemy in a mob let alone accidentally targeting a squad mate in a mob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Because it acts like Volt's speed up coil and it makes sense. Banish is already not very user friendly when trying to target a single enemy in a mob let alone accidentally targeting a squad mate in a mob.

If you're having trouble with Banishing enemies in mobs, I'd try gliding over the horde and singling out the high-priority enemy you want to kill. But, if you're looking to take each guy into the Rift, 1 by 1, its going to be tedious, and more expensive than simply putting a Cataclysm over them. The knockdown provided by Banish is invaluable, yes, but Limbo is arguably the most skillful Warframe, and I think that's why his player base is so dedicated. Keeping Banish single-target encourages skill in both your Cataclysm modding and placement(negative range is the only way to exercise true control IMO).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...