Primed Liset - a skinned INTERIOR would make it a must have.

Scottie_Auren

Reddit is my forum of choice. I like the way comment threads are organized.

I know the devs look here more though, so I'm pointing out here for visibility:

In the obligatory "rant about new stuffs" posts on reddit this week, there is the consensus that a primed interior would make the Accessory pack a must have.

As it stands now, two items that you barely get to see hardly seem worth the investment, but a primed interior to the orbiter/ landing craft would be a home run. 

Please consider it. If this Prime Access is selling well enough, then perhaps consider it for the next or a standalone purchase. 

(example from the comment thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5ecisv/they_cant_be_serious_with_this_right_theres_no/dabl81q/)

Cheers.

Well, here's the thing, the Liset is a Landing Craft. Which has nothing to do with the Orbiter. If you want DE to give us a Primed ship interior, they'd have to create and sell a Prime Orbiter. ANd I hate to say it, but that's likely not happening for a very long time if ever at all.

They wouldn't necessarily have to make a primed orbiter. Remember, where the nav console, market console, and etc. are on the top of the ramp is the landing craft you use. They could feasibly just put out a Primed Liset interior for use with that landing craft when you have it selected.

I think that would pigeonholed DE more than anything, I am still hoping for an "Orbiter 2.0" as opposed to "This Liset is bigger on the inside 'cause space magic" (Just make the entirety of the orbiter be the orbiter, make everything as practically designed as possible and have the "Landing Craft" be just that, a Landing Craft and nothing more). If they make something on the inside they will feel an obligation to keep it the same.

3 hours ago, Dalimir said:

Well, here's the thing, the Liset is a Landing Craft. Which has nothing to do with the Orbiter. If you want DE to give us a Primed ship interior, they'd have to create and sell a Prime Orbiter. ANd I hate to say it, but that's likely not happening for a very long time if ever at all.

Actually the part with navigation, market and codex is part of the liset. At least, that's the way it seems to be. Would be nice if there would've been some golden bits here and there.

tbh I was expecting different cockpits for every single landing craft when the Mantis first came out. 

1 minute ago, tbeest said:

Actually the part with navigation, market and codex is part of the liset. At least, that's the way it seems to be. Would be nice if there would've been some golden bits here and there.

tbh I was expecting different cockpits for every single landing craft when the Mantis first came out. 

No, no it isn't. It'd be incredibly stupid of us to do that.

The cockpit of the Orbiter holds very vital systems, If the Liset were ever to be shot down (and it can) the enemy would have access to our navigational charts, who we deal with, and all of our accumulated knowledge (codex does not mean just codex scans in a lore sense.) To equip all of that on a transport is taking a huge risk of losing that part of the ship forever.

The fact that the cockpit didn't change should have already clued you in.

3 hours ago, Dalimir said:

They could just prime the part above the ramp kindof like the christmas decorations.

12 hours ago, Dalimir said:

The cockpit of the Orbiter holds very vital systems, If the Liset were ever to be shot down (and it can) the enemy would have access to our navigational charts, who we deal with, and all of our accumulated knowledge (codex does not mean just codex scans in a lore sense.) To equip all of that on a transport is taking a huge risk of losing that part of the ship forever.

Then why is it shaped like the Liset? Why do we have to go up a ramp that seems like it'd close of the orbiter from the ship?

19 hours ago, Dalimir said:

This is the thing though, when you are teamed up with people you see their Liset out of the window. And they are in their ship looking out at yours. This to me suggests we are always in the Liset, not the orbitor.

As to the idea of a Primed Interior, I could get behind that. At least thay way you can make use of it regardless of the landing craft you use. A much more useful accessory in my opinion.

Edited by Rin01

41 minutes ago, Rin01 said:

This is the thing though, when you are teamed up with people you see their Liset out of the window. And they are in their ship looking out at yours. This to me suggests we are always in the Liset, not the orbitor.

As to the idea of a Primed Interior, I could get behind that. At least thay way you can make use of it regardless of the landing craft you use. A much more useful accessory in my opinion.

While this is currently true, there is a heated debate going on about how to proceed, because Liset on the outside is too small to accommodate the new expansion of Liset interior introduced with the 2nd dream. And there are two more locked doors which will increase the Liset size in width. We are not flying a Tardis so it would make no sense to be bigger on the inside.

Solutions:

1) The best solution is to separate Liset and Orbiter into two crafts, which opens up a whole load of possibilities, such as docking bay that houses the liset, more rooms, multiple crews, etc.(Star Citizen style) 

2) Another solution is to say Liset = Orbiter, and somehow redesign the scale of liset to accomodate larger insides, which would still make no sense unless you have separate interior for Mantis, Scimitar and Xythos.

I personally prefer solution 1, I want a hangar bay with my shiny Mantis in it.

21 hours ago, Dalimir said:

DE outright said in devstream 58 that orbiter is section of ship below liset ramp, whats more we have proof that liset is cockpit of orbiter:

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

This is orbiter, the small thing in the front/top is liset

9I22bxD.gif

Animation of liset docking with orbiter from one of devstreams.

Reason why interior doesnt change when we change landing ship can be quite simple: only liset works like cockpit of orbiter, docking slot  in front only can fit in liset other ships wouldnt fit there so they dock dock somewhere else...

Its very possible that only liset is ship designed by orokin, tenno of old only used liset and other landing ships were build in current times which is why they arent directly compatible with orbiter which were designed most likely by orokin.

And now on topic, I am completly against liset prime being a cosmetics, its one of MOST important things that every tenno possess, without it, tenno cant do any missions and doesnt have access to orbiter which means he can do NOTHING.

primed versions of landing ships shouldnt be treated like cosmetics because they actually affect game by  providing us with support so liset prime should provide us improved support.

Another reason why I am against liset prime being skin for liset is that it means that we cant use other skins with it like we can equip skins on prime versions of frames, people spend time and/or money to get some of skins which they cant even use with liset prime...

Yet another reason is what liset prime skin means for future of landing ships, it shows that DE does NOT have any plans for the future of landing ship, they arent planing to expand their role in the future, its yet another feature added to game and then left behind :(.

And yet another reason why it shouldnt be a skin is the fact that DE hinted at interesting lore of orbiter/liset related to ordis and ship's "BIOLOGY"(word used by DE). tying liset prime(real ship not skin) to ship's lore would make lore much more interesting.

DE should replace liset prime skin in current with prime access with cosmetic that people can actually see for more then 10-20 seconds and would actually be worth the money, and release true liset prime after lore of ship/orbiter gets expanded and/or ships role in game gets expnaded. 

Edited by Culaio

On 11/23/2016 at 2:44 PM, -Scottie said:

Reddit is my forum of choice. I like the way comment threads are organized.

I know the devs look here more though, so I'm pointing out here for visibility:

In the obligatory "rant about new stuffs" posts on reddit this week, there is the consensus that a primed interior would make the Accessory pack a must have.

As it stands now, two items that you barely get to see hardly seem worth the investment, but a primed interior to the orbiter/ landing craft would be a home run. 

Please consider it. If this Prime Access is selling well enough, then perhaps consider it for the next or a standalone purchase. 

(example from the comment thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5ecisv/they_cant_be_serious_with_this_right_theres_no/dabl81q/)

Cheers.

I like the idea, but I am not sure I would agree that "You barely get to see them". 

I see my liset every time I enter a mission in the loading screen, and I see my operator both in missions when getting Kuva, and in my ship itself. Sometimes I just walk around as my operator while on my ship. 

But I do think a primed interior would be sweet. Probably way too late for this PA, but I definitely think it would be an awesome idea for the future. 

I've seen some people argue about whether the interior we see of our ship is actually the liset or the orbiter. This is kind of a moot point anyway as it it too late at this PA, they would need to do all the artwork and everything. 

But I would love to see a "Primed Interior" in the next PA accessories, or something like that. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

23 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I like the idea, but I am not sure I would agree that "You barely get to see them". 

I see my liset every time I enter a mission in the loading screen, and I see my operator both in missions when getting Kuva, and in my ship itself. Sometimes I just walk around as my operator while on my ship. 

But I do think a primed interior would be sweet. Probably way too late for this PA, but I definitely think it would be an awesome idea for the future. 

I've seen some people argue about whether the interior we see of our ship is actually the liset or the orbiter. This is kind of a moot point anyway as it it too late at this PA, they would need to do all the artwork and everything. 

But I would love to see a "Primed Interior" in the next PA accessories, or something like that. 

Primed interior wont happen since interior is part of liset(confirmed by DE in devstream 58) so either it comes with liset or not at all. Think what would happen if they sold primed interior seperatly, it would mean that they seperated ONE object into two and sold it seperatly for money, can you imagine what would people reaction be...

Edited by Culaio