Why Nitain Should NOT be a Sortie Reward

owendawgx

There are multiple Nitain alerts every day. Even if you can't make it to all of them, if you make an effort to participate in the alerts available, Nitain isn't that hard to acquire. 

Let's compare Nitain alert frequency to the alerts for some of the other Sortie rewards:

Orokin Reactor/Catalyst: One of these once a week. Nitain is daily.

2000 Endo: The equivalent of running 14 of the highest reward Endo alerts offered (150 Endo). Return is even better for 4000 Endo.

Exilus Adapter: Normally 50,000 Simaris Rep (say about two days of Simaris work).

Forma: 24 hour build time = one a day (without rushing), assuming you have the appropriate materials.

Legendary Core: This doesn't need much explanation.

Focus Lenses/Riven Mods: Only obtainable in Sorties.

As someone who plays the game semi-actively, I have absolutely no issue with Nitain Acquirement. To players like me, who actually do the Nitain alerts instead of whining, it would be almost insulting to receive Nitain as a Sortie reward, even in sets of 3, and especially compared to all of the items listed above. Oh, and I don't even do every Nitain alert, I skip ones that are Defense or Survival because they take too long. But I still have plenty of Nitain stocked up with no use, even after building lots of the items that require it. 

Please don't add Nitain to Sorties. It is by far the most abundant item on this list (exluding maybe Forma, but that's a different topic), and we don't need it clogging up Sorties any more.

It's pretty clear that there isn't a single fixed set of rewards that can make everyone happy. I like getting lenses from sorties and don't mind getting forma, I know some won't...I have all the Nitain I will ever need though.

In the absence of a token system (which appears to be off the table)...maybe just letting people choose between a few different rewards, ex. Forma, 3 Nitian, or lense, etc. at the end of the mission would make more people happy.

I do like that Nehza and the weapon parts have been removed and Riven's added. It's nice being able potentially get something new from every sortie (even if it's not necessarily good).

Orokin Reactor/Catalyst: Keep

2000 Endo: -> 4000 Endo

Exilus Adapter: -> Primed Mod? Weapon part(Random is Ok)?

Forma: Delete it?

Legendary Core: Agreed

Focus Lenses/Riven Mods: It fines.

How about something special likes super rare relic which you could get 1 random primed part from the vault? XD 

Edited by ChromaPhoenix

19 minutes ago, owendawgx said:

There are multiple Nitain alerts every day. Even if you can't make it to all of them, if you make an effort to participate in the alerts available, Nitain isn't that hard to

good for you that you can be online every day for multiple nitain alerts, most people only ever see one a day.

14 minutes ago, 45neo said:

good for you that you can be online every day for multiple nitain alerts, most people only ever see one a day.

I can usually see 1 Nitain alert per day (sometimes even entire weeks without seeing a single one due to real life issues) and still have around 80 Nitain Extracts waiting to be used. 

I personally find getting both, Nitain and lenses (previous seasons got me full of these ones too) practically an insult, making the daily sorties seem like a waste of time; and I guess getting formas or boosters would only make things worst (seriously, even getting a booster as a daily reward has no use for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one at that point of the game)

Imo, sorties are going 1 step ahead and 5 steps back with this proposed change, a slap in the face of every long term player regardless of this being warframe's "end game*" to give players with most mods, gear almost (or totally) min-maxed a reason to stay here.

* Imo, raids failed with that purpose and that's why sorties seem to have taken their place there

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Like I mentioned, even if you only see one Nitain a day, or less than that (I skip a lot of them), there are still relatively few items that require Nitain, and I can see even people who want it now getting tired of it pretty quickly. It's diluting drops much farther than they need to be, when they're supposed to be making them more rewarding.