Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Changes

Awazx

I play Ash all the time. And i spam BS as much as i can. When i read about this rework i decided to bring the synoid with Ash. So i can test it. I played akkad 20 waves.  I did not use BS even a single time. I only used the synoid. 

Result: i had 1700+  kills while the second of my teammates  had less than 300.

I got 45000 focus points on the synoid in that match.

Notmally when i use BS i get 700+ kills.

So i don't think that BS was stealing that much kills. 

Then i tried Mirage with the synoid.  I got with the same team over 2100 kills.

U nerfed BS. We switch to a better spamming.  Then what ? U will ask DE to nerf or rework every single item?

Kulstar? Tenkor? Synoid? And so on?

Banshee resonance? Spova? Ember WOF?

What if de made it so, what ever enemy that gets hit with his 1, automatically is marked for blade storm. (3marks on a enemy) 

that would make his 1 synergies and kind of make the "staring at enemies" part less tedious. 

I main ash. I'm just going to use fatal teleport instead of bladestorming everything when this comes to console (I rarely use blade storm because of the poop camera and being stuck to a bombard half the game)

just make 1 mark enemies while in marking mode, have his 2 cut the energy cost of every ability (like now). That's it. 

Edit: make his shadows do the bladestorming. 

Edited by (XB1)CeaselessSlim

I think the main problem is that with the new blade storm, arcane strike doesn't increase the speed of the attack animation, so it takes too long for Ash to jump from one enemy to another. Thats my main complaint. I really don't care if it is weaker now(which it is, given it takes heckton of more energy to be able to go through a room full of enemies).

8 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I play Ash all the time. And i spam BS as much as i can. When i read about this rework i decided to bring the synoid with Ash. So i can test it. I played akkad 20 waves.  I did not use BS even a single time. I only used the synoid. 

Result: i had 1700+  kills while the second of my teammates  had less than 300.

I got 45000 focus points on the synoid in that match.

Notmally when i use BS i get 700+ kills.

So i don't think that BS was stealing that much kills. 

Then i tried Mirage with the synoid.  I got with the same team over 2100 kills.

U nerfed BS. We switch to a better spamming.  Then what ? U will ask DE to nerf or rework every single item?

Kulstar? Tenkor? Synoid? And so on?

Banshee resonance? Spova? Ember WOF?

Just because there are more cancerous stuff doesn't mean BS spam wasn't cancerous enough. It just happens to be that Simulor(especially coupled with mirage) is the most toxic thing out there.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:54 PM, RG870 said:

So I have to press 4, aim at each individual enemy, press 4 again, wait for the animation to finish to end up with a number of dead enemies and a lot less energy. In the same time I could NOT press 4, use my (semi auto / burst / shotgun) primary weapon, aim (and shoot) at each indidiual enemy, NOT press 4 again, NOT wait for the animation to finish and end up with the same number of kills (my semi auto / burst / shotgun primaries ALL oneshot most mobs in WF), less time spent and a lot more energy.

Not quite. When you press 4 you enter targeting mode. This costs no energy and lasts forever if you want. Energy is only spent when you mark. Anyway once in targeting mode you can go about your normal business, running about and shooting (and marking as you go), and also using your other abilities. Whenever you're ready press 4 again and you will go off on everything still alive that you marked. It's very fun, but I say this as someone who rarely plays Ash.

3 minutes ago, GhostlightX said:

Not quite. When you press 4 you enter targeting mode. This costs no energy and lasts forever if you want. Energy is only spent when you mark. Anyway once in targeting mode you can go about your normal business, running about and shooting (and marking as you go), and also using your other abilities. Whenever you're ready press 4 again and you will go off on everything still alive that you marked. It's very fun, but I say this as someone who rarely plays Ash.

Yes, I can see that you do not play Ash.

the problem with previous bladestorm was:

- no interactivity. ( the animation, where you are stuck teleporting around)

The current "rework" of targeting system is fine, as it adds more player control to the skill.

but

it ULTIMATELY DOES NOTHING about being stuck in bladestorm animation

Changing targeting mechanics doesn't solve the issue of the mechanics of bladestorm.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Then what ? U will ask DE to nerf or rework every single item?

If you haven't noticed, DE releases something that nukes everything.  Then they nerf it into the dirt and release something else to nuke everything into the ground. When the new thing stops selling, it gets nerfed into the ground, never touched again, and the cycle continues.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

If you haven't noticed, DE releases something that nukes everything.  Then they nerf it into the dirt and release something else to nuke everything into the ground. When the new thing stops selling, it gets nerfed into the ground, never touched again, and the cycle continues.

Yap

i wonder is it a business and sales strategy or simply a lack of vision and testing things before they are released?

15 hours ago, Awazx said:

Do not convert a subjective opinion into a fact.

You don't find "press 4 to win" boring and OP? I admit I didn't play Ash much. You know the reason? Felt like a noob's OP cheese frame. I'm grateful for this change because now I can actually start trying Ash and not feel guilty.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Any game company should have testers before the comunity test it

That's 101 rule

everyone agreed to the EULA which makes us beta testers ad they Q&A it of course but the dozen tester they have will never be able to find everything that thousands of beta testers will find which is why things get balanced or fixed later after we break what they have built. If your wanting to play a AAA game thats all polished before you get it this is not it. 

Does someone remember mesa´s nerf? :D was the same thing; rhino stomp dmg nerfed also a Little of range, saryn range nerf so now the people dont press 4 :D now they press 2 because it has more range and the dmg is less but it has the same effect as 4 XD.

Mag greedy pull nerf, nekros spoil nerf, excalibur javelin nerf and some other maybe i don´t know.

Im ok with the ash nerf he was very very op it couldn´t had been even touched and u could end solo misssions like nothing. But i believe yes the new mechanic it´s let´s say... complicated... since u gotta aim u gotta be in some place high or something or aim fast to a random enemy one at a time.

I played ash after the nerf and he still kills a lot even in that defense i played with him to test, i killed more than my teammates just by using 4 but it´s the mechanics.... Maybe he do needs some rework of the abbility itself. To modify it in some way or change the complete skill into a new one since the mechanics are not the same from the start. I mean If they wanted the nerf to work it´s working but the mechanics are not very enjoyable or useful to play....

Greetings Tennos!

Edited by Larvatheoz

1 hour ago, Larvatheoz said:

"(...)but the mechanics are not very enjoyable or useful to play....

This. ^

I agree that was too strong before. Now is useless. This work is not 'rebalancing', it is simply a bad design and a bad idea.

Edited by Awazx

4 hours ago, Larvatheoz said:

Im ok with the ash nerf he was very very op

Sorry but anyone that thinks Ash was OP does know how to mod their weapons.

BS HAS 2 problems, present tense. 1. When activated, you are locked into a long and non-interactive cutscene.2. Enemies that are marked can't be killed by other players. Both of these problems still exist after the nerf.

Since I didn't play Ash much and hated it when other used him due to unkillable enemies, I was hopeful about the Ash rework, but it really doesn't work well outside of solo or spread groups. 

Ash 4 is now too slow to use and in most content slower than just shooting things dead, which is what your team does, wasting your energy.

I disliked ash before due to 2 things:

1 - when playing as him - being stuck in animation frames,

2 - when playing with him in team - enemies getting stuck in unkillable state while being hit by him

Both still happens, it's just slower to make it happen (problem 2 was reduced to the max 3 stacks at-least). Trying to solve the problem by making people use him less due to tedium is a crap way to solve the problem.

I wanted to play him more due to the great skin, but the rework hasn't changed anything outside of solo stealth killing. The only 'positive' is that i'll face problem 2 less, which really isn't much of a positive if I consider the 'why'...

So rework is a failure.

Edited by Demon.King

On 23/11/2016 at 11:00 PM, Awazx said:

Ash Changes:

- Bladestorm now has a new 'Mark Enemy' mode that is activated when you hit 4. Ash enters target mode, which you can freely target enemies with your reticule up to 3 times each for attack. Once you're satisfied, press 4 again.

- [DE] Rebecca

Dear DE, maybe you have not noticed, but your game is to kill mobs, hundreds of mobs, and it must be done in a matter of seconds. Warframe is not a tactical game. This new mechanic for Ash is a poor design decision and another indicator that you do not understand your own game.

Wait for results.

-Awazx

Now you have to aim at the mobs you want to teleport to and one-shot!? The travesty. How can we now kill hundreds of mobs with leet skill. Total game killer!

Edited by Golmihr

17 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Sorry but anyone that thinks Ash was OP does know how to mod their weapons.

BS HAS 2 problems, present tense. 1. When activated, you are locked into a long and non-interactive cutscene.2. Enemies that are marked can't be killed by other players. Both of these problems still exist after the nerf.

Yes as i´ve said... the mechanics are just NOT fine right now in my belief....

23 hours ago, Larvatheoz said:

Maybe he do needs some rework of the abbility itself. To modify it in some way or change the complete skill into a new one since the mechanics are not the same from the start. I mean If they wanted the nerf to work it´s working but the mechanics are not very enjoyable or useful to play....

Greetings Tennos!