Riven mods more difficult

Hoaggie

I hardly ever post here, but something has been frustrating me. Since the last update I've obtained and unlocked 3 Riven mods, this has been over only 2 weeks of playing maybe an hour a day. Seeing as the cap on Riven mods is set to 15, I would like for them to be more difficult to obtain and unlock. Some of the conditions are incredibility easy and take minutes to unlock.

Find 6 syndicate medallions without failing a mission (syndicate missions usually spawn 8 medallions anyways), took 10 minutes.

Get 3 head shots during an aim glide, it took 2 waves on Io to complete that one.

Do a mission without being detected carrying a dragon key? Really? Thats a requirement? I thought that was just normal game play.

One of my friends got a Riven mod with the requirement to get 75 head shots in a day! How is that a challenge? I can accidentally get 75 head shots in one mission.

Doing missions to unlock these mods is a really interesting mechanic, I just feel like it needs to be expanded. Something like limiting it to one attempt to unlock per day like a mastery rank test or having to unlock one stat on the card at a time during one mission. Like unlocking one stat opens up the next level to unlock.

I just feel like its missing some sort of progression that would make the effort reflect the reward of a 3 stat card. 

Why would you want them to be easy? They are supposed to be a huge boon to whatever weapon, and should be something to strive for. If you get given things to easily you don't appreciate them. Maybe if you actually had to work for things instead of sitting in your moms basement you would understand that the effort you put into something makes it valuable.

I think DE should implement something to alleviate how hard it is to get through sorties (which is on the way) first.

I'm all up for Rivens being harder to unlock, however the bonuses it provides to whatever weapon should be reflective of that difficulty imo.

2 minutes ago, Exinanis said:

I think DE should implement something to alleviate how hard it is to get through sorties (which is on the way) first.

I'm all up for Rivens being harder to unlock, however the bonuses it provides to whatever weapon should be reflective of that difficulty imo.

Why would they do that? I spent maybe 1 hour a day on getting them and I'm up to 3. One was for a weapon I have no interest in so I gave it to a clan mate. They seem really easy to get 

There are a lot of people just getting 2k endo or lenses repeatedly from the sorties, I've only gotten one since tww came out. Most of my clan mates have gotten endo and lenses during the same period of time as well. To just spend day after day hoping to get one riven only to be kicked in the groin by that 2k endo reward. That on top of getting a riven for a weapon you actually enjoy using just makes it seem like you will never get one.

I've got plenty of endo, thank you 

If you already enjoy using the weapon, why do you need a riven mod for it?

Im looking at this as a chance to make me branch out and stop depending on my Brakk and Synoid Simulor, now I have some other options. My good weapons are already good

14 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

You should =trade yours in for Headshots while aimgliding ones then.

They all take a little skill. I have a couple of them and the most challenging one for me was no kills in a survival. But it was not stupid hard. and you can reroll them if you want i dont see much needed to change rng has always been a grind.

14 hours ago, Hoaggie said:

They are all easy like that, it should be more of a challenge 

It used to be 5 head shots, but players complained it was too hard so they lowered the requirements. All hard things will be cried away. I learned this playing a game called "dark spore". Upon release the game was really challenging, requiring not just good gear but good skills and strategies to beat. Me and some friends failed about 300 times before passing some bosses, trying hundreds of different strategies. It was a lot of fun.

But, one week into the game the amount of tears on the forums "game too hard"  had the devs lower the difficulty significantly (and later added the original difficulty into nightmare mode or some such).

That was the day I realized that there  are very different mentalities when it comes to gaming. Those that like to be challenged and those, not so much.

We see this in warframe all the time. People fail a mission and instantly don't like it. On the day of release people complained about the riven challenges. Meanwhile like you, I thought it was a fun thing friends can do together (or sometimes solo). I helped people clear the defense challenge, headshot challenge, synthesis scan with no abilities, trap or taking damage. Sometimes it took multiple tries but it added a fresh element to the game.  we tried different strategies until something worked.

Well, you can forget about harder challenges op, most players don't like to fail over and over.

I remember playing a hard game where the final boss took me two weeks to beat with tons of failures along the way. I tried a lot of different tactics and noticed how much better I got at the game with each failure. The reason why devs add hard challenges in games is because they want you to get better, try different things. Get out of your comfort zone, you might discover something interesting along the way and it's the journey that matters.

DE is old school in many of the events they do. People do cheese them but it's finding that cheese strat that makes them fun. We have all these tools at our disposal, but rarely have to out of our way to utilize them.

I'm with you brotha

On 11/14/2016 at 0:49 PM, SenariousNex said:

In my opinion they should've made it harder like: "Finish LoR on nightmare mode with decaying dragon key equipped...using melee only...without you or any of your team mates going down once... under 20 minutes... with one hand tied behind your back... while your mom is yelling at you.." 

16 hours ago, JudgeXion said:

And here we have a rare example of a person who wants Riven mods to be harder to get then the Rng sortie level we already deal with. 

I want them to be more accessible considering how many weapons we have. 

It's just the people who have spent S#&$ tons of money on this game and they wanna feel better than rest of us, when they have op builds.

5 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

It used to be 5 head shots, but players complained it was too hard so they lowered the requirements. All hard things will be cried away. I learned this playing a game called "dark spore". Upon release the game was really challenging, requiring not just good gear but good skills and strategies to beat. Me and some friends failed about 300 times before passing some bosses, trying hundreds of different strategies. It was a lot of fun.

But, one week into the game the amount of tears on the forums "game too hard"  had the devs lower the difficulty significantly (and later added the original difficulty into nightmare mode or some such).

That was the day I realized that there  are very different mentalities when it comes to gaming. Those that like to be challenged and those, not so much.

We see this in warframe all the time. People fail a mission and instantly don't like it. On the day of release people complained about the riven challenges. Meanwhile like you, I thought it was a fun thing friends can do together (or sometimes solo). I helped people clear the defense challenge, headshot challenge, synthesis scan with no abilities, trap or taking damage. Sometimes it took multiple tries but it added a fresh element to the game.  we tried different strategies until something worked.

Well, you can forget about harder challenges op, most players don't like to fail over and over.

I remember playing a hard game where the final boss took me two weeks to beat with tons of failures along the way. I tried a lot of different tactics and noticed how much better I got at the game with each failure. The reason why devs add hard challenges in games is because they want you to get better, try different things. Get out of your comfort zone, you might discover something interesting along the way and it's the journey that matters.

DE is old school in many of the events they do. People do cheese them but it's finding that cheese strat that makes them fun. We have all these tools at our disposal, but rarely have to out of our way to utilize them.

Everything you said is how I feel. I like it being hard. I like that there are items I cant get and stuff I have that new players will never have. 

• 3 months later...

Try this one on for size, as I currently have this exact one in my inventory:

"Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking damage".

This means in order to do this I MUST have a max duration Limbo in my group banishing me the entire mission, and I have to be the one to track down and synth the target. I get hit once, use an ability at all, or fail to synth the target, and I have to start over. The only reason I can finish this is because ONE guy in my clan is exactly that kind of Limbo because of the Clan event a few weeks ago. I blame you for the devs making these more difficult, Hoaggie.

1 hour ago, Rothrolan said:

Try this one on for size, as I currently have this exact one in my inventory:

"Synthesize a Simaris target without using traps or abilities while having a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped without taking damage".

This means in order to do this I MUST have a max duration Limbo in my group banishing me the entire mission, and I have to be the one to track down and synth the target. I get hit once, use an ability at all, or fail to synth the target, and I have to start over. The only reason I can finish this is because ONE guy in my clan is exactly that kind of Limbo because of the Clan event a few weeks ago. I blame you for the devs making these more difficult, Hoaggie.

or, or, or You go Rhino.

Use Iron Skin at start of mission, and complete the mission before your run out.

"Without Abilities" kinda only counts when you find the target or is near it.

On 11/24/2016 at 1:55 PM, Hoaggie said:

I hardly ever post here, but something has been frustrating me. Since the last update I've obtained and unlocked 3 Riven mods, this has been over only 2 weeks of playing maybe an hour a day. Seeing as the cap on Riven mods is set to 15, I would like for them to be more difficult to obtain and unlock. Some of the conditions are incredibility easy and take minutes to unlock.

Find 6 syndicate medallions without failing a mission (syndicate missions usually spawn 8 medallions anyways), took 10 minutes.

Get 3 head shots during an aim glide, it took 2 waves on Io to complete that one.

Do a mission without being detected carrying a dragon key? Really? Thats a requirement? I thought that was just normal game play.

One of my friends got a Riven mod with the requirement to get 75 head shots in a day! How is that a challenge? I can accidentally get 75 head shots in one mission.

Doing missions to unlock these mods is a really interesting mechanic, I just feel like it needs to be expanded. Something like limiting it to one attempt to unlock per day like a mastery rank test or having to unlock one stat on the card at a time during one mission. Like unlocking one stat opens up the next level to unlock.

I just feel like its missing some sort of progression that would make the effort reflect the reward of a 3 stat card. 

You can have all of that, the only thing stopping you actually making challenges harder for yourself, is you.

Even if the riven had 'kill one enemy' as the task to unlock all of them, you can set whatever challenge you like for yourself before you actually use it (DE can not stop you).

There is nothing stopping you, from setting yourself a goal, if you fail it, just wait till tomorrow to try again (that now works like mastery rank).

This then doesn't force anything on other players (who may not want that), yet you get exactly what you want as well.  Win Win.

Edited by Loswaith

There is nothing stopping you from adding on more conditions for yourself. Find something easy? well, with the vast amount of weapons and frames. Why not do something different to complete these challenges. Create your own experience.

On 11/24/2016 at 4:43 AM, uthenasia said:

Maybe if you actually had to work for things instead of sitting in your moms basement you would understand that the effort you put into something makes it valuable.

bahaha shots fired
making assumptions based on nothing ftw

OP I'm not sure what your intentions are with this post.  The post itself and all of your responses seemy pretty troll-ey.  I think you are just trying to get people upset and make them argue with you.

On 2016. 11. 24. at 4:52 AM, Hoaggie said:

Why would they do that? I spent maybe 1 hour a day on getting them and I'm up to 3. One was for a weapon I have no interest in so I gave it to a clan mate. They seem really easy to get 

Ever since riven mods was implemented i have got 6 or 7 in total including the one we got for granted. IF i started farming rivens at januar 1, that means i had 81 chances to get rivens.  With my success rate i have 8.64% chance to get riven mods every day. This is already a low chance, it doesnt need to be lower by adding more rng/"challange"