Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Riven Mods Possible?

Lstar

Sounds amazing having unnecessary stats on some warframes, like what if I got +100 shield on valkyr or -100% power duration on my nova.

But in all honesty I don't want this because the current mod system works for me, and it had worked for me before the rifle rivens. Oh yeah, it is nice having an extra mod for weapons I do use on my sybaris, dread and tonkor.(I don't use a tonkor so that's just going to sit there for all eternity)

It could be possible that DE wants to make Warframe Riven mods. But seeing as the goal of Riven mods is to make low tier weapons more widely use and expand the meta list of weapons, I don't see why they would. Unlike weapons, nearly all the frames can comfortably handle all content up to Raid/Sortie levels. Its the mods that make or break a Warframe's kit.

That and Rifle Riven mods alone has been a debacle; some people got amazing Rivens for decent weapons but most people got terrible Riven mods, average riven mods on terrible weapons, or a combination of that...on a sentinel weapon.

Suffice to say, I am not expecting TWW to hit console anytime soon if "beta testing Riven mods" is what is gonna keep it from shipping.

I would have actually preferred it if Riven mods were never a thing.

I would have gotten fine without them at all, but now since they are a thing, I would never be able to stop myself from obsessing about them.

Riven mods... ugh,,, as a min-maxer, the lovehate is real.

Edited by NativeKiller

I could maybe see them work if they were very high mastery gated- but personally I think efficiency as a modable stat straight up breaks the game balance and enables perma-cc perma-invuln perma-stealth which has so far just forced much of the games newer content to be blatantly unfair just so it poses a challenge.

Listen to the latest of The Second Stream Podcast to get an idea of how DE feels about Warframe Riven Mods.

My post from another thread that was asking for Warframe Riven Mods and how i feel about it.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:02 AM, EmptyDevil said:

72565427.jpg

Riven Mods for Warframes? That might actually make me start hating the game, depending on what they do for Warframes, if it happened. If DE did make them, the Riven values would have to be minuscule, like 15% or maybe 20% tops. They should probably exclude things like Power Strength, Power Range, Power Efficiency, and Power Duration. I'd expect more aggressive balancing from the team, regardless of player complaints about nerfs(which should be done anyway).

Seriously, can you imagine what it would do to the game if a Warframe Riven showed up and it was like:

+180% Power Range

+60% Power Strength

-35% Power Efficiency

+100% Power

Most of the playerbase would be like:

Reveal hidden contents

05a.png

I don't want Warframe to become a complete ridiculous snoozefest, that some games became/become because devs decided to add reforging mechanics, to give players even MORE unnecessary power, without balancing prior issues with the game. DE is better about acting on feedback than most devs that i have experienced, but i would rather not see things go down the road of a power slide.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Riven mods not only are the worse thing ever happened to WF (INSANE grind for stats that makes a huge dps difference behind a layer of 5 RNG lotteries), but also limit players freedom of choice.

Now you can change frames at will, after you will be able to do so onnly on the one for wich you won the riven lottery.

And as a formerly avid trials player i can grant you it will break the community: trial players wil lstart basing AND asking builds basing on them and their price will skyrocket.

They are not arcanes that are barely noticeable at most, they makes a HUGE difference.

Warframe Rivens should NOT be a thing. We're already looking at a game that considers end-game to be surviving 2 hours in a T4 equivalent mission. We don't need more of these mods working the way they do on warframes as well. Can you imagine a Rhino with 310% power strength? (~120% because riven mods seem to be &#$% all). No, we don't need that. That being said, I do like the concept of the truly random riven mods because it allows play with low tier/bad weapons that would never be considerable otherwise. I like how DE reduced the chance of getting weapons like the Tonkor or Soma, but I feel like those should have never been added. As for the true random; I like it. I feel though that if you get a +DMG, +CRIT, +CRIT DMG on lines, you shouldn't be able to use similar mods on the same weapon as a trade for the riven. So no Serration, Point Strike or Vital sense. 

TL;DR: There's too much damage in the game already. No reason for more. Just no on the Warframe Mod.

Riven mods for warframe are totally possible, if they're Exilus mods.

Imo it would be a bad move to make them with regular "Strenght/Efficiency/Range/etc" bonuses, but if it's all about mobility, parkour and other exilus stats, It could be nice.

5 hours ago, VonDodo said:

Riven mods not only are the worse thing ever happened to WF (INSANE grind for stats that makes a huge dps difference behind a layer of 5 RNG lotteries), but also limit players freedom of choice.

Now you can change frames at will, after you will be able to do so onnly on the one for wich you won the riven lottery.

And as a formerly avid trials player i can grant you it will break the community: trial players wil lstart basing AND asking builds basing on them and their price will skyrocket.

They are not arcanes that are barely noticeable at most, they makes a HUGE difference.

Riven is a bonus, I don't see how it forces you to have one on your weapon ? Did you have problems to finish content before rivens with your main weapon, no. Can you still use your weapon to rekt the same content, yeah.

Can I finally use my Panthera against this content, yeah.

Can a powercreep addict add another layer of numbers on his already op Tonkor, yeah.

Nobody should be unhappy with this system, or maybe you're just full of salt because your first riven was for Stinger ? But, but, this riven was free, with a 1h free quest. When you take a lotery ticket you have to pay for it, and you won't rage this way if you lose. So, my question is, what is all this flute ? :clem:

54 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Riven is a bonus, I don't see how it forces you to have one on your weapon ? Did you have problems to finish content before rivens with your main weapon, no. Can you still use your weapon to rekt the same content, yeah.

Can a powercreep addict add another layer of numbers on his already op Tonkor, yeah.

Nobody should be unhappy with this system, or maybe you're just full of salt because your first riven was for Stinger ? But, but, this riven was free, with a 1h free quest. When you take a lotery ticket you have to pay for it, and you won't rage this way if you lose. So, my question is, what is all this flute ? :clem:

Really nobody should be unhappy? DE has said numerous times they wanna lessen the grind but continuously do the opposite and riven mods are probably one of if not the biggest grind wall in the game. Let me tell you why people are unhappy it's because in order to get a riven mod you have to grind shorties and hope rngesus has given you his blessing so you don't get endo for the 11th time in a row but not only that but then you have to unlock it which isn't bad just a challenge thing but here's the kicker you've unlocked it and now you have a mod for a weapon you don't even own but not only that but stats are completely random let's say you got a riven mod that gives critical chance up to 120% on a weapon that has 5% base and critical damage caused those stats are rng but what if it's on a weapon you have and want to use well now you gotta reroll like it's your job for that you need kava so you hope they spawn to get some and EVEN then you are going to have to reroll it 20 more times just to get stats that you would actually like on it telling people nobody should be unhappy with this S#&$ is ridiculous

1 hour ago, Xgomme said:

Did you ever play trials pug?

did you forget "elitists" sorties posts on this forum ?

i

31 minutes ago, sythmstr said:

Really nobody should be unhappy? DE has said numerous times they wanna lessen the grind but continuously do the opposite and riven mods are probably one of if not the biggest grind wall in the game. Let me tell you why people are unhappy it's because in order to get a riven mod you have to grind shorties and hope rngesus has given you his blessing so you don't get endo for the 11th time in a row but not only that but then you have to unlock it which isn't bad just a challenge thing but here's the kicker you've unlocked it and now you have a mod for a weapon you don't even own but not only that but stats are completely random let's say you got a riven mod that gives critical chance up to 120% on a weapon that has 5% base and critical damage caused those stats are rng but what if it's on a weapon you have and want to use well now you gotta reroll like it's your job for that you need kava so you hope they spawn to get some and EVEN then you are going to have to reroll it 20 more times just to get stats that you would actually like on it telling people nobody should be unhappy with this S#&$ is ridiculous

What you don't understand when they talk about grind reduction is that they just reduced the grind for old/mandatory stuff. You'll always have to grind for new things, and you always have to grind for things like focus, arcanes or riven, since it's totally bonus, and not mandatory to do any content in the game. 

You want it, you work for it. Any minute you waste salting on forums is a kuva cloud for the queen !

@VonDodo Yep ? :clem:

Edited by Xgomme