Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr prime seems very squishy...

Wandering_Sun

Question

Can you prove this via screen shots and Simularis testing room vs a sniper unit?  So we can see the difference between prime and non-prime. Otherwise i think you might just be mistaken, the armour buff is useful but it dosn't add as much eHP as you think since she's already high a high resist. 

12 minutes ago, LonghornRed said:

She's a tanking beast. Slaying melee-crazed infested like a hot knife through butter with my Prime Venka.

git gud

You can't git gud over a bug though. There was definitively something wrong with the armor last time i played her.

And i don't think it has anything to do with the prime or normal.

Edited by Stoner74

58 minutes ago, zephyr_infinity said:

anyone else noticing this even with 1470 armor she's taking far more damage than she should be, it seems like armor isn't working properly on her. 

Since this is an informations collect, I throw this thread from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

I didn't play Valkyr P yet, but yeah I noticed that Atlas feels often weaker than what his stat would suggest. But that always was a subjective feeling, I'm not patient enough to perform an heavy testing. If Valkyr has the same issue, let's hope that DE will finally get an eye on this.

If you're willing to test this, please do it and report the results (if need be) in the relevant PC Beta Bugs subforum. That's the only way to mobilize the devs on this. Many of us thank you a lot in advance!

1 hour ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Eternal War > Hysteria

Not if you use an Arcane Energize set and Drifting Contact.

Just look at the build you posted dude. ALL of the mods you have on her are Defensive in nature, 2 are dual purpose via Power Strength.

What other frame has to slot that many defensive mods to be even half decent?

Mesa gets more eHP free, Rhino has more surviveability, Chroma has way more, Nekros more, Wukong, Excal gets the same, Trinity.

Even if   Eternal War > Hysteria were true, how good does that design sound to you?

22 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . . *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA . . . *wheeze* HAHAHAHAHAHA . . . *passes out from lack of oxygen*

That build you linked has 89.6% Mitigation with Warcry up. That's 7,120 eHP.

My Rhino gets 20,000 - 30,000 Iron Skin by hitting 3-4 enemies with his charge and can instantly recover that HP.

In addition he has better CC and a much better group buff.

The jokes on you buddy.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

No U

You're forgetting about rage + lifestrike.

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

...and can instantly recover that HP.

No, I'm not.

You've devoted your entire mod selection to staying alive including a weapon slot and you still can't beat Rhino.

That's the very essence of inferior.

Just now, Xzorn said:

No, I'm not.

You've devoted your entire mod selection to staying alive including a weapon slot and you still can't beat Rhino.

That's the very essence of inferior.

7000 *  (1 - .896) = 728, one hit from Lifestrike refills that, and because of rage, I can do this infinitely, even before you take in the hysteria OH CRAP! entirely immortal button into account, and with no additional setup needed.

Just three taps of that 7k and iron skin is gone. (Good luck never getting hit during the setup window).

:cool:

11 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

7000 *  (1 - .896) = 728, one hit from Lifestrike refills that, and because of rage, I can do this infinitely, even before you take in the hysteria OH CRAP! entirely immortal button into account, and with no additional setup needed.

Just three taps of that 7k and iron skin is gone. (Good luck never getting hit during the setup window).

Do tell me....  What happens when an enemy hits your for 7k damage? How does that works out for you? Dead? Yea.

eHP > Recovery

7k Iron Skin? I'm not talking about a Stomp Rhino....

WiyZXxj.jpg

My Avg Iron skin by charging 4 enemies with a 46s duration +121% Damage Roar for myself and team mates.

If you want to talk about Hysteria as a Panic button Stomp is still better because it also prevents enemies from shooting the team. Something Valkyr players seem to lack an understanding of is that Valkyr is possibly the worst group frame in the game. Not to mention, Rhino really doesn't need it for himself. he always has Iron skin up or ready for another cast. The fact Valkyr need a panic button in the first place is again...  Inferior.

...And there is no setup window. You don't drop Iron skin till you're casting it again.

13 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

With 89.6% damage reduction, they would need to do something like 67,308 damage to inflict 7k damage.

She has just over 7k ehp with that damage reduction. Her hp is only 740. 7.12k damage would oneshot valkyr.

8 hours ago, zephyr_infinity said:

S#&$ above post got really messed up and won't let me edit it* sigh* anyway, was wondering if you cared ot link your rhino build was interested in rebuilding mine. 

Sure.

z8rcqnk.jpg

This is the Iron Skin & Roar spec I use.

I use Rush for Exilus because I'm a spam roller. Power Drift, Mobilize or Cunning Drift work well. You might want to replace Constitution with Streamline or Fleeting Expertise if you don't run Zenurik or Arcane Energize. I run both on a lot of my frames so I can ignore efficiency and squeeze a little more out of their mods.

You will have about a 13s window after charging to decide if you like the Charge bonus you have and whether you want to reapply Iron Skin. Plenty of time to kill everything, Stomp, line of sight or whatever, then re-apply.

i was expecting more shield from the prime version.  Same way I was expecting  more speed from rhino prime (which they did).  If you're gonna compare Rhino and Valkyr, keep in mind that Valkyr is not a Tank frame.  I also thought that releasing Venka prime would have involvement in her 4th power, other than melee stats, maybe show instead of her claws?  I was hoping she would literally use venka prime, but hey that's just me, i think it would have been a great idea.  At the end of the day you have to be skilled differently when using different frames.  Don't expect to rush into ennemies like Rhino with Valkyr, the way you play with frames has a lot to do with being skilled and smart.  We have left the Mario Bros Era a long time ago.