Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr prime seems very squishy...

Wandering_Sun

Question

4 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

i was expecting more shield from the prime version.  Same way I was expecting  more speed from rhino prime (which they did).  If you're gonna compare Rhino and Valkyr, keep in mind that Valkyr is not a Tank frame.  I also thought that releasing Venka prime would have involvement in her 4th power, other than melee stats, maybe show instead of her claws?  I was hoping she would literally use venka prime, but hey that's just me, i think it would have been a great idea.  At the end of the day you have to be skilled differently when using different frames.  Don't expect to rush into ennemies like Rhino with Valkyr, the way you play with frames has a lot to do with being skilled and smart.  We have left the Mario Bros Era a long time ago. 

Not a tank frame 0_0 Valkyr can get over 2k armor with a warcry build.

If you have to activate abilities you worked on to resist damage, you have a tank build, not necessarily a tank frame.  RHINO is a tank frame which you can get "Tankier", valkyr can become one with certain builds.  A tank frame defines a balance of base stats and abilities, one completing the other.  If you're out of energy and you have to run FAR away from ennemies because of this, you have a tank build for specific situation.  You say 2k Armor with a warcry build? you have to go through shield before health. I say her shield is weak from the get go.  Shield = resistance   Health = Survival  Valkyr survives.  

Edited by (PS4)fullblast35

41 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

If you have to activate abilities you worked on to resist damage, you have a tank build, not necessarily a tank frame.  RHINO is a tank frame which you can get "Tankier", valkyr can become one with certain builds.  A tank frame defines a balance of base stats and abilities, one completing the other.  If you're out of energy and you have to run FAR away from ennemies because of this, you have a tank build for specific situation.  You say 2k Armor with a warcry build? you have to go through shield before health. I say her shield is weak from the get go.  Shield = resistance   Health = Survival  Valkyr survives.  

How is Rhino with 190 armor a tank, but Valkyr with 600 not? Rhino goes down really fast without his abilities, he's not a thank, he's a brawler, just like Atlas. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

How is Rhino with 190 armor a tank, but Valkyr with 600 not? Rhino goes down really fast without his abilities, he's not a thank, he's a brawler, just like Atlas. 

Everything goes down really fast without abilities. 

Edited by Clackson

On 11/24/2016 at 2:46 PM, Xzorn said:

Do tell me....  What happens when an enemy hits your for 7k damage? How does that works out for you? Dead? Yea.

eHP > Recovery

7k Iron Skin? I'm not talking about a Stomp Rhino....

WiyZXxj.jpg

My Avg Iron skin by charging 4 enemies with a 46s duration +121% Damage Roar for myself and team mates.

If you want to talk about Hysteria as a Panic button Stomp is still better because it also prevents enemies from shooting the team. Something Valkyr players seem to lack an understanding of is that Valkyr is possibly the worst group frame in the game. Not to mention, Rhino really doesn't need it for himself. he always has Iron skin up or ready for another cast. The fact Valkyr need a panic button in the first place is again...  Inferior.

...And there is no setup window. You don't drop Iron skin till you're casting it again.

Nullifier or fall of a mountain, then it falls off

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

Nullifier or fall of a mountain, then it falls off

Don't play badly and you'll be fine.

If you fall off something at the level range where eHP actually matters you're likely dead regardless of what frame you're playing.

Don't run into a Nullifier bubble. It's the perfect way to randomly die, again regardless of the frame you're playing. Having 25k eHp Vs 7k means you can afford to wait 1 second to drop the bubble.