Design meaning of new weapon (TWW Spoilers)

Akavakaku

So has anyone else heard how the word Kuva means "lotus?" Well, it seems the connection runs deeper than that. If you look at the butt end of the Broken Scepter, it's shaped like a dome studded with small protrusions. The interesting thing about this is that it's the exact shape of a lotus fruit!

(warning for trypophobia/lots of small holes)

lotus-sacre-nelumbo-nucifera-graine-01.j

Edited by Akavakaku

Our pod (in the Second Dream) also has a Lotus motif - it seemed like almost everything that's Tenno related has that going on for them.

If I remember correctly, someone said that Margulis' favorite flower is the Lotus, no? Could be the reason why - Ballas felt guilty about it all.

I'll ty to find something.

EDIT: Welp, no connection regarding Margulis and the lotus flower at all, just a lof of flower motifs coming out of Ballas, which might suggest that his (and Margulis') love of nature created such a motif.

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

The Scepter and Kuva prevented the Dax from turning on the Orokin; perhaps the Lotus is in possession of something that is effectively our leash. The Orokin were wary of their creations turning on them, so there's probably another inhibiting device for the Tenno that the Lotus has or had. This could explain why the Tenno had to be turned on the Orokin and did not do it outright.

1 minute ago, Shifted said:

Didn't Natah replicate the body of Margulis to become Lotus?

Or was that just my headcanon... I'm not sure.

No, I'm pretty sure you're right. She did it in order to gain the trust of the Tenno children to turn on the Orokin, but she got attached and refused to do what her father told her to do.

1 minute ago, Shifted said:

Didn't Natah replicate the body of Margulis to become Lotus?

Or was that just my headcanon... I'm not sure.

Since we don't know what Margulis looks like (some people even say that she's supposed to look like Saryn), I'd say it's your headcanon.

Also, if Lotus is supposed to be a sleeper agent, she'd stand out by looking like Margulis.

27 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Our pod (in the Second Dream) also has a Lotus motif - it seemed like almost everything that's Tenno related has that going on for them.

If I remember correctly, someone said that Margulis' favorite flower is the Lotus, no? Could be the reason why - Ballas felt guilty about it all.

I'll ty to find something.

EDIT: Welp, no connection regarding Margulis and the lotus flower at all, just a lof of flower motifs coming out of Ballas, which might suggest that his (and Margulis') love of nature created such a motif.

I believe one of the dialogue options during the Lotus/Operator conversation at the end of The Second Dream mentions that Margulis loved lotus flowers. I can't remember exactly, but I know it's mentioned somewhere along the line.

5 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I believe one of the dialogue options during the Lotus/Operator conversation at the end of The Second Dream mentions that Margulis loved lotus flowers. I can't remember exactly, but I know it's mentioned somewhere along the line.

Found it, thanks :D

(Option: ...she was brilliant.)

• In dreams, we could control it, focus it. So she made the pods, her favorite flower... she said sometimes... something beautiful could grow out of something ugly. 

35 minutes ago, Suncake said:

Anyway, that huge bulb on the end of the scepter is ugly and makes the weapon look unbalanced.

Yeah, I can't argue with that. It just could have been a bit smaller, maybe tilted, and it would've been fine.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Datastorm said:

And what is the connection between Natah and Cephelon Suda. Remember inthe Dojo the room that connects it to her is called the Oracle. If you are in the top tier for suda, the sigil is called the Oracle. Thoughts?

What does the oracle room in the dojo have to do with Natah?

That's a really interesting find. What language does "kuva" come from? Perhaps we should look for other curious coincidences?

49 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Our pod (in the Second Dream) also has a Lotus motif

15 minutes ago, Beggining said:

I believe one of the dialogue options during the Lotus/Operator conversation at the end of The Second Dream mentions that Margulis loved lotus flowers.

I know this is widely accepted as a fact but a lotus is never mentioned explicitly. Is it something about the shape of the pods together? Or each of them is a stylized lotus? I was never able to see it but there must be a reason everyone assumes to be so.