Choosing a Primary weapon to compliment my build

PirateCptAstera

Question

Hi all,

I'm currently running an Ash Prime Bladestorm build (Yeah, i'm THAT guy).

But I was just wondering about alternatives for primary weapons as i'm currently using a Forma'd Bolton Prime, though i'm finding that somewhat unreliable. Damage is fantastic, but accuracy is poor (especially when pushing for that extra DPS through multishot).

I've been looking into the Braton Prime, Lectron Prime, and Vectis (Primed if I do a build without Charged Chamber).

I'm looking for something that is flexible (hence why i'd prefer assault rather than sniper). and can get consistent DPS while maintaining accuracy.

All thoughts appreciated :)

12 answers to this question

Sybaris is pretty good. Nice battle rifle type, good fire rate, hits pretty hard if you build for crit, two-round burst has the perfect amount of spread (low enough that both rounds usually hit, wide enough that you can usually land a headshot without spending as much time aiming). Plus it looks amazing.

2 hours ago, DarkEagleX said:

Hi all,

I'm currently running an Ash Prime Bladestorm build (Yeah, i'm THAT guy).

But I was just wondering about alternatives for primary weapons as i'm currently using a Forma'd Bolton Prime, though i'm finding that somewhat unreliable. Damage is fantastic, but accuracy is poor (especially when pushing for that extra DPS through multishot).

I've been looking into the Braton Prime, Lectron Prime, and Vectis (Primed if I do a build without Charged Chamber).

I'm looking for something that is flexible (hence why i'd prefer assault rather than sniper). and can get consistent DPS while maintaining accuracy.

All thoughts appreciated :)

I run Ash BS most of the time, and i use Telos boltor, because i like its proc a lot, and it's really usefull

18 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Dread greatly complents ash's passive to extend bleed procs

17 hours ago, ashrah said:

dread is pretty nice secondary hikou prime to take out nullifiers  fast without risk..and nikana p^

Currently doing a dread build on Ivara at the moment actually! Will tweak it for Ash P at give it a test run.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

18 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Sybaris is pretty good. Nice battle rifle type, good fire rate, hits pretty hard if you build for crit, two-round burst has the perfect amount of spread (low enough that both rounds usually hit, wide enough that you can usually land a headshot without spending as much time aiming). Plus it looks amazing.

16 hours ago, Xzorn said:

You'll want to lean on anything that has heavy Slash weight with decent status.

Braton Prime and Soma Prime are some of the better primary choices.

I'll look into these and see what I like best, so far out of them, Braton is my goto, but will tweak and retest.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

17 hours ago, BeeOverlord said:

take penta

run adhesive blast

fire penta at a loki, have him switch teleport you

bladestorm and detonate the penta while you do it for that SICK EXTRA 350 DAMAGE

Would have to convince one of my friends to play Loki, but if they do, will definitely give this a go!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

16 hours ago, onieyez said:

rakta cernos it gives energy, lets you spam bladestorm

Man, I should just completely deck myself out with Red Veil gear haha, i'm using the Rakta Dark Dagger as my melee which seems to proc during bladestorm which offsets the costs, but if my energy curve starts to dip, i'll look into using the Cernos.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

15 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I run Ash BS most of the time, and i use Telos boltor, because i like its proc a lot, and it's really usefull

I can look into it, and i can easily get it since i'm maxim in Hexis, but i guess the question is how much more different does it feel to a Boltor Prime?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by DarkEagleX
Inclusion

3 hours ago, DarkEagleX said:

Currently doing a dread build on Ivara at the moment actually! Will tweak it for Ash P at give it a test run.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll look into these and see what I like best, so far out of them, Braton is my goto, but will tweak and retest.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Would have to convince one of my friends to play Loki, but if they do, will definitely give this a go!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Man, I should just completely deck myself out with Red Veil gear haha, i'm using the Rakta Dark Dagger as my melee which seems to proc during bladestorm which offsets the costs, but if my energy curve starts to dip, i'll look into using the Cernos.

I can look into it, and i can easily get it since i'm maxim in Hexis, but i guess the question is how much more different does it feel to a Boltor Prime?

I'd recommend paris prime for ivara tbh since it's major ips is on puncture, much like artemis bow. So modding it with a 120% puncture would be way more efficient than using a 120% slash on a dread

7 hours ago, DarkEagleX said:

not really much, only the proc makes a difference