constantly getting hit??

Dastorious

Question

hey- i need help
I am doing quite a lot the missions on hieracon on pluto and I quickly find myself with my shield and health dropping down extremely fast- but not as if I am getting hit or poisoned- even If i stand the whole game in a place were there are not any mobs near me, and inside a building- my shield and HP will still drop down (as in a speed of killing my 980 shield and 1100 health withing less than a minute I think)
does anyone knows why this is happening? I can't understand this- it keep happening as well when I change frames or what so ever
Ill appreciate any help!

12 answers to this question

I've heard others have a similar problem and sometimes it is actually a bug, where they need to fully die and respawn once or twice or restart the mission itself. I went ahead as Frost to where you mentioned and didn't face the same problem, nor did anyone else seem to, but I'm curious with a few things to check first:

• No Eximus enemies around with an aura that's effecting you? (You can tell with a status and halo around your feet)
  • No Slash status at the top right? I know you mentioned poison but slash does this as well with a bleeding effect.
  • Are you sure you're not being hit by something at a distance and / or from an angle that you're not noticing? (Getting hooked from Ancients can do this sometimes)

That also sounds a bit like too much health to lose suddenly. I'd suggest playing a bit more passive, try something like Ivara, Nyx, Rhino, or Frost, for the reasons of: staying away and cloaking for Ivara, using Nyx's 4th (Absorb) to stop all damage for a moment to see if you can find what's doing it if anything, Rhino for the same but with his 2nd and the armor, Frost for his 3rd (Snow Globe) and 4th if you would like to stop everything from moving.

Volt would also work for this. If you don't have any of these, try to get a full team and use weapons that are good at distances so you can stay away and see if this issue still happens. Good luck

On 11/26/2016 at 6:31 AM, Tayrma_T said:

I've heard others have a similar problem and sometimes it is actually a bug, where they need to fully die and respawn once or twice or restart the mission itself. I went ahead as Frost to where you mentioned and didn't face the same problem, nor did anyone else seem to, but I'm curious with a few things to check first:

• No Eximus enemies around with an aura that's effecting you? (You can tell with a status and halo around your feet)
  • No Slash status at the top right? I know you mentioned poison but slash does this as well with a bleeding effect.
  • Are you sure you're not being hit by something at a distance and / or from an angle that you're not noticing? (Getting hooked from Ancients can do this sometimes)

That also sounds a bit like too much health to lose suddenly. I'd suggest playing a bit more passive, try something like Ivara, Nyx, Rhino, or Frost, for the reasons of: staying away and cloaking for Ivara, using Nyx's 4th (Absorb) to stop all damage for a moment to see if you can find what's doing it if anything, Rhino for the same but with his 2nd and the armor, Frost for his 3rd (Snow Globe) and 4th if you would like to stop everything from moving.

Volt would also work for this. If you don't have any of these, try to get a full team and use weapons that are good at distances so you can stay away and see if this issue still happens. Good luck

I'm usually playing ash over there- and that's the weird thing actually- there is absolutely nothing at the top right corner. no slash that might cause bleeding nor poison, there is nothing under my feet and it just WON'T STOP. I even tried to go to a corner inside a building  when there was no mob around, did it just a while after i revived and it just kept on going down until i died and there was no mob around.
I do know that when I get this HP drop my screen's edges are glowing in blue- at first I though it had something to do with freeze damage that comes out from hieracon's icy location but that's why i also hoped for it to be gone when im inside a building and as i said- i was wrong :(

On 11/24/2016 at 3:14 PM, Dastorious said:

hey- i need help
I am doing quite a lot the missions on hieracon on pluto and I quickly find myself with my shield and health dropping down extremely fast- but not as if I am getting hit or poisoned- even If i stand the whole game in a place were there are not any mobs near me, and inside a building- my shield and HP will still drop down (as in a speed of killing my 980 shield and 1100 health withing less than a minute I think)
does anyone knows why this is happening? I can't understand this- it keep happening as well when I change frames or what so ever
Ill appreciate any help!

Try to use rapid resilience and diamond skin

I know you said you weren't near enemies, but since you said Hieracon keep in mind that some infested enemies that lock onto you can use ranged attacks when you aren't within their reach, though i don't think their attacks would do enough damage to take you down that fast unless you were at the lv100s or something? idk

While it seems to be quite a huge amount of shield and health you're losing, sometimes the damage you're taking against infested can also come from:

- Broodmother maggots that have latched onto you (you don't always see them, but a quick melee attack kills them)

- Ospreys can deal massive amounts of damage from very long distance  without you even noticing them (btw they're doing way too much damage even at level 30ish at the Hieracon starting level).

Other than that, I don't know where it could come from.

Edited by JohnViande

From my experience, I've dealt with a similar issue where the drain is identical to that of a maggot which leads me to think that there is currently a bug on infested missions where the game doesn't register that you've shaken off the maggots and it continues to apply their damage. What I find odd is that the damage speed is extremely high in your case, so I'm not entirely sure if you're facing the maggot issue.

You could always try to use a different frame and see if the damage rate is the same or not to possibly rule out a bug between a specific frame and the mission/enemy type. Outside of that you could use Dastorious suggestion and equip mods that can mitigate most of the drain to make it bearable enough.