Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen for non-Steam players?

Omnimorph

Question

I'm a non-Steam Warframe player, and when I go to the market the only "Tennogen" things I seem to have access to are a few weapon skins.  Is there a way for non-Steam players to get access to all those skins and helmets and things?

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

8 answers to this question

It's locked to Steam as it's a service that's being provided by Valve to utilize user created content. Purchases are also done through Steam using real money as opposed to platinum to give the creator money for their work.

You can run Steam and run Warframe, but I'm not sure how well that would work. If you want to purchase Tennogen items from Steam via platinum, it won't work in that regard.

Tennogen is only available via steam. Tennogen items are not bought with plat, they are bought with money from the steam wallet. They discussed making them available on the standalone client, but later stated that the backend work required to make it work would be to much, so it stays steam only.

If you want access to Tennogen you can download the game via steam and link the game account to your steam account. This is done when logging into your game account with the steam client. Both accounts have to be linked in order to sync the steam inventory with the game. However you can still use the standalone client after that. I have the steam version of the game installed just for the purpose of looking/buying Tennogen items while using the standalone client for playing.

Edited by Xebov

Unfortunately you have to have Steam version of Warframe in order to purchase Tennogen items.
They are also bought with real money, not platinum due to how Steam workshop works.
I doubt DE will find a way to bring Tennogen around Steam, not only because it's hard but also because it's more profitable for Tennogen creators who get paod real money instead of platinum.

Just now, Machine_Head said:

my advice is get a friend to gift it to you or make a sub account on warframe to pay for em

you could also submit a ticket to see if you can get your account made into a steam one

Tennogen items cannot be gifted and the account does not need to be transfered as the game has no "steam accounts".