Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie rewards: careful what you wish for!

Mudfam

I see a lot of people saying "no more 2k endo!" You're not going to get riven mods and legendary cores every day dummies! You're going to have to settle for mostly 2nd rate rewards.

The only reason to do the sortie now is if you want riven mods or endo. Legendary cores, catalysts and such are ultra rare rewards, the chance of these dropping is so incredibly low you shouldn't even consider it, just be happy if you ever get one.

What we need is less RNG so that you know you have the same reasonable chance of getting a riven mod after doing the sortie for so many days as everyone else.

You do not want less endo. You need many 100'000s of endo to rank up your basic mods, millions realistically. If you haven't been feeling the horrible pain of not enough endo to rank your mods it's probably thanks to the sortie. It takes about 4k / 40 minutes of farming excavation to get that 2k endo, you are crazy if you want to have to do that for a basic daily endo upkeep.

Does anyone else remember when x25 r5 cores was a wonderful sight for core-farming-sore eyes? Please do, I don't want to go back to spending 90% of my time in Warframe tediously farming for fusion.

There are 6 nitain alerts every day, you don't need very much to build everything in the game, do you really want nitain from sorties?! You only need a handful of lenses and then you're set for life. You always need more endo, much more endo.

Get it straight, what you really want is less RNG, not less endo. Trust me.

5 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

nitain as a sortie rewards is IMHO a new low for DE =/

would much prefer something like 1-2k kuva instead

Given how the condition in order to open up Kuva is the same as needed to open up sorties now, it really would make sense for sorties to give that as a reward. I've already got like, 8 spare formas.

30 minutes ago, Mudfam said:

You do not want less endo.

The common problem isn't having endo. It's spending a while on three level 60-100 missions for an amount of endo you can get anywhere else with less effort, as well as the fact that endo is a resource that comes from practically everything. A lot of people need lenses and rivens and constant endo rewards stop you from doing that. Nobody is asking to get them every day, they're just sick of ONLY getting endo, because it's the most common reward and there's two of them.

Don't presume to tell us what we don't want.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

5 minutes ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

Forma is the new low. Slap in all players faces who take their time to do sorties every day.

How so?

I am out of Forma, and I hate having to pick Forma in a fissure mission over something that I can sell for ducats. At least when we got Forma from a void key it wasn't something you had to deliberately CHOOSE.

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

How so?

I am out of Forma, and I hate having to pick Forma in a fissure mission over something that I can sell for ducats. At least when we got Forma from a void key it wasn't something you had to deliberately CHOOSE.

If you really want forma you can farm 5 and more per hour easily. If you want (3) Nitain you have to wait all day and do all the Nitain alerts to get the 3 together. In 24hours. I wont start talking about the ridiculously low dropchance in those Sabotage missions. Come on do you see the difference?

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The common problem isn't having endo. It's spending a while on three level 60-100 missions for an amount of endo you can get anywhere else with less effort, as well as the fact that endo is a resource that comes from practically everything. A lot of people need lenses and rivens and constant endo rewards stop you from doing that. Nobody is asking to get them every day, they're just sick of ONLY getting endo, because it's the most common reward and there's two of them.

Don't presume to tell us what we don't want.

Did you even read the post?

48 minutes ago, Mudfam said:

What we need is less RNG so that you know you have the same reasonable chance of getting a riven mod after doing the sortie for so many days as everyone else.

That was the main point of the post...You do not want less endo in the drop table you just do not want it every single day for a month. And that is true for any of the possible rewards. So what we need is a good RNG system not what we have...

Edited by Nirrel

It's true that I don't want more Endo but only the 2k since it's basically just 25 Gold Cores that I'm tired of getting and has to go, the 4k can stay since it's the only reason why I play Sortie, like others said before the 2k can bereplaced with Kuva since Riven re-rolling requires more and more Kuva and we can't get the same minimal amount of 500 and 700 everytime we find a Kuva Siphon. For the rare things, I have no problems with it since I doubt I'll get it but seems lately though, I've been getting Rivens at an atrociously goood rate for some reason and I'm not interested in them!

I agree nitain is a horrible sortie reward.  I'm MR22 and have absolutely no use for it.  Even at lower MR's it's quick and easy to get nitain from alerts.  Unless [DE] is planning to remove nitain alerts, they really shouldn't add it to the sortie reward table.

As others have said...kuva would be a nice resource to add to the sortie reward table.

Edited by Tizodd

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Yes. "You don't want less endo" is wrong.

This is what "less endo" means.

Sounds like you're deliberately missing the point of my post. Endo at least is useful, the other rewards are good for nothing. Consider that for every riven mod you get, the only desirable thing in there, you also need 8k endo.

Either way, it's obviously not directed at everyone. I'm pretty sure many people who complain about endo and actually want more nitain don't have lots of endo to spare, haven't ranked or even acquired mods and haven't experienced what it means to have farming for fusion as the main avenue of progression.

Also, endo is farmable, but it's by no means easier. Farming 2k endo is tedious and takes a long time, doing a different sortie that takes 20-30 minutes at most is not.

I stopped playing Warframe for about a year, incidentally because I got sick of farming cores when they dropped primed mods and then removed cores from T4S. When I came back nitain was a new thing, and by doing 1-2 alerts a day within a couple of months I built everything there is to build with nitain, and had some to spare.

Built forma would be nice imo. I had 80+ forma BPs from the old void days, and I build forma every single day. Despite this I was buying 3x forma packs almost every day to have some fun with all the new weapons and frames released. I still need forma and wish I had at least 200 more.

The main issue then becomes catalysts, and most importantly, the fact that riven mod benefit meta weapons with great stats much more than the junk ones collecting dust in my bloated arsenal.

51 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

Yeah, I suggested kuva would be better than useless nitain in another post. It would have to be a fairly large amount though. First thing I did when kuva dropped is get a resource booster, that means 1.2k+ per run, whereas rewards are not affected :/

Edited by Mudfam

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

This is what "less endo" means.

Conveniently you left out the beginning of the frase :

"You do not want less endo in the drop table you just do not want it every single day for a month."

Many people asked to eliminate the endo reward all together for they have no need for it or because they can farm it elsewhere. But in my opinion it's not a bad reward even when you get only 2k (you cannot have always amazing rewards), the problem is that potentially you can get it every day, day after day and nothing else. Hence let's concentrate on the RNG system not on the endo itself...

No one asked for these new rewards. So we shouldn't be to blame.

If anything, this is DE's way of changing things without changing anything.

Instead of getting 2k endo 10 times in a row. You'll get 2k endo and random stuff(garbage) that no one asked for sprinkled in.

I personally think that DE needs to either make it easier to acquire rivens from sorties. Or make it easier to get rivens on the weapon you want, by equipping it on the desired weapon. 

I'm MR16, if that informs, and the only thing on the new drop table I'd want is Endo (prefer 4k but 2k is fine given the time and hassle to get 2k elsewhere) and Rivens. So from where I am the new Sortie drop table is terrible. A step in the wrong direction.

I don't need any more Nitain and if I want Forma I can go get it in no time via several methods. Those 2 rewards being on the Sortie drop table is an insult.

23 minutes ago, Top_Kekkonen said:

No one asked for these new rewards. So we shouldn't be to blame.

If anything, this is DE's way of changing things without changing anything.

Instead of getting 2k endo 10 times in a row. You'll get 2k endo and random stuff(garbage) that no one asked for sprinkled in.

I personally think that DE needs to either make it easier to acquire rivens from sorties. Or make it easier to get rivens on the weapon you want, by equipping it on the desired weapon. 

Unfortunately that's not true, you'll find countless posts with people asking to have endo removed entirely. I think what they really want is riven mods, and perhaps the ultra rare rewards, but instead of directly asking for what they want they short-sightedly complain about what they're frequently getting instead. Rivens every day isn't happening, what we should be asking for is a guaranteed fair and equal chance to get them for everyone.

22 minutes ago, GhostlightX said:

I'm MR16, if that informs, and the only thing on the new drop table I'd want is Endo (prefer 4k but 2k is fine given the time and hassle to get 2k elsewhere) and Rivens. So from where I am the new Sortie drop table is terrible. A step in the wrong direction.

I don't need any more Nitain and if I want Forma I can go get it in no time via several methods. Those 2 rewards being on the Sortie drop table is an insult.

The reward says "forma", not "forma blueprint", not sure if you noticed this. Regardless of how quickly you can farm blueprints, it takes a full 24 hours to build forma, and you can easily use 10 forma in just one hour. It's an important distinction I'd say, if it was forma blueprints I would agree that this is a terrible and worthless reward.

Anyway, I agree, I really just want rivens and endo too, but built forma is ok, I wouldn't mind.

The fix was really easy take out the 2k endo.
Fix the weights on the droptable.
Maybe the booster aren't that bad, because they apply to kuva and traces, and other resources in general.
And that's it a reward for other. 
No need for more dilution.

1 hour ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

How so?

Why not pick something that you can sell for plat?

One Valkyr Chassis is worth ~200 - 250p thats worth some Forma from the market.

IMHO sortie rewards should be limited to :

forma - but only if forma are now allowed to be sold for ducats, ie 10 for a bp and 20 for a built one

1-3k endo - ok so this would take up 3 roll slots, ie 1k/2k/3k but u would not be allowed to get the same reward twice in a row, and so basically if u got 3 endo rewards in 3 days, it could be like 2k 1st day, 1k 2nd day, 3k 3rd, and now on the 4th day, u would not get an endo reward and u would get something else instead, but then it would reset again [kind of like the once per season rewards, but on a smaller scale and with a reset-able counter]

lenses - 5 different rolls, but also able to be sold for ducats, 15 per

rivens

1-2k kuva - same system as the endo rewards

legendary core - super rare

taters - also able to be sold for ducats, 60 for bps and 120 for built

tomatoes - also know as exilus, also able to be sold for ducats, 30 for bp, 60 for built

personally i think that should be it , 16 different options total [not counting sub-mutations of rivens]

but i would also not be against having a final reward roll table be comprised of any/all 'vaulted' relics as well [taking it to 17 different rewards, but of course the vaulted relic reward roll would then have several dozen potential rolls from it as well] ; i dont think this would be too bad, since ppl could rly only 'farm' one random vaulted relic per day, and of course not even reliably, since the reward is randomized so i dont think this would hurt the vaulted relic econ or the prime/vault access sales

6 hours ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

I would hate kuva. Rivens are an optional, gimmick, and useless system. No content is even close to "hard". Any resource in sorties is trash, forma needs to be 2 built. Endo can be used on mods and then those mods can be sold for plat.