Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie rewards: careful what you wish for!

Mudfam

14 hours ago, Mudfam said:

It takes about 4k / 40 minutes of farming excavation to get that 2k endo

I'll just leave this here:

Spoiler

7FrjoxU.jpg

Yes, 1.38K cryotic excavated and almost 2.5K endo in a single shorter, easier, and more rewarding run than getting 2K endo from sorties. (I even got an axi v5 relic on that run, which makes it even better)

About the upcoming additions, having nitain, forma and Exilus Adapter Bluerpint cluttering the reward table is just annoying, these are just more things that become useless over time. I'd add lenses to that list since getting one for that focus you have already maxed feels the same as getting nothing, but currently there's no way to get them other than sorties, trading and market.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Must agree that common sense wise endo should indeed continue to be in the drop tables since it is allways a resource that we can put to use even if only to max something out to sell.

Considering the loot table of sorties i could go ahead and say that there is space for the other 4k packs since a lense i may never use for example at the end of the full sortie doesnt feel that rewarding for what we may just done.

At the end of the day people problaly "crazy" about it just because they just looking mainly for the riven mod reward.

After reading some of the posts i must admit that nitain extracts and forma blueprints would certainly not be something i would look for in a sortie reward since i can pick those on normal alerts and fissures, there for endo > those but i must admit that the idea of having a chance for some kuva would not be a terrible bet and one that could please some folks if well tweaked.

"Hey too bad you didnt get your riven mod, heres 1k reward to help you guive the one you received one more roll along with some kuva of your own."

Some people would still argue and problaly be "mad" about it since it could be a "low" amount when compared with some extra rolled riven mods but compared to how it can feel sometimes with a lense it certainly would please me a bit more for doing it.

Other then that, kudos for sharing opinion on endo rewards instead of riding the "away with endo" bandwagon.

Personally I don't want 2k endo rewards. Because that feels way too low. I don't know about you but lately I've gotten a few riven mods though farm and trade and ranking them up has really dropped my endo levels to quite low when I was testing them out to see if I liked them or needed to reroll. Even 4k seems low, but at least it's decent enough. It's a bit of a let down spending an hour or so sometimes in sorties only to get a reward I could have gotten in 20mins of heiracon

Seems a lot of people actually want more endo rather than less, but this is not something that is being communicated to DE, instead we just see angry "no more 2k endo!" posts. The result of this is we get repeatable lens drops and now nitain and forma instead. I don't think this what anyone wanted.

What I'm saying is we need to communicate what we want clearly instead of just complaining. I'm also upset when I get 2k endo, but because I'd like to finally get a damn riven mod from doing the sortie instead of trade chat, and get a degree of satisfaction from it, not because I don't want any endo. As it is I'm waaaaaaay better off farming prime parts and buying rivens from lucky people than running the sortie.

@-----LegioN----- That was a lucky run endo wise, you know it. I do hieracon all the time, and been farming it like crazy since kitty prime dropped. I go to at least 2k and haven't seen that much endo once. It's just random, so yeah, you can get a lot, but you usually won't.

16 hours ago, MorrowDeath said:

Why would you want Arcanes in Sorties? It would severely hurt the already small Trails community. 

Exactly, since its a small Trails community, I wish I could do other stuff that would award me with Arcane Mods... it takes forever to set a successful Trail unless you have a static group. Either that or maybe do Trails more accessible to others in the community so they do it more.

6 hours ago, Mudfam said:

@-----LegioN----- That was a lucky run endo wise, you know it. I do hieracon all the time, and been farming it like crazy since kitty prime dropped. I go to at least 2k and haven't seen that much endo once. It's just random, so yeah, you can get a lot, but you usually won't.

I can't deny that it was a lucky run (like it or not, warframe rewards players by luck and not by skills) however, that's not the point. The point is that there are many ways to get 2K endo (such as doing 2 extractors as fast as possible, extract and repeat) without ever seeing enemies lvl+60 with ridiculous modifiers on runs that can take way longer than usual, thus making the 2k endo reward from sorties feel like "I have just wasted my time here"

Edited by -----LegioN-----

im just i little tired of getting endo nw since the TWW drop i strted doing sorties and 12/14 times i keep on getting 2k endo other 2 time i got potatos. u got persons that are getting riven mod and lengendary core back to back and im just getting endo i find it getting really annoying 

On 11/24/2016 at 7:29 AM, Aurea_Hiigara said:

How so?

I am out of Forma, and I hate having to pick Forma in a fissure mission over something that I can sell for ducats. At least when we got Forma from a void key it wasn't something you had to deliberately CHOOSE.

For players that are qualified to do sorties (multiple formas in weapons and warframe, fully potato'd equipment and maxed mods) it is effortless to farm forma from relics. Newer players are the ones that need forma handed to them, not sortie-prepped players.

We really shouldn't have to be THIS careful about what we ask for.

If Riven is end game(which has been stated) and Sorties are end game(also stated), Nitain sure as heck is NOT end game because you're not to end game yet if you still need Nitain.  By the time you get here, you're swimming in it because it has a very finite pool of items that it makes.  You're literally done once you have them.

Nitain as as much a zero award as a redundant lens----more, even, since I can put the lenses on other equipment that way the annoying gold ground star shows up even more often than I already see it.

I'm not sure why everything needs to have checks and balances in place that heavily penalize a player.  We don't need rewards on the table that aren't worth anything, it doesn't forward the game in any way, especially in this case.

Riven mods follow the "Diablo" train of RNG drop thought---you could get some stellar mod or combination, but the majority will be poor stats or the wrong "slot"(weapon).  The secret to success with stuff like that is to pretty much saturate the players in it.  If you see a half dozen purple level items in a day, the fact that five and a half are outright garbage worth throwing in the bin doesn't really matter to you.  If you've got a 20% non cumulative(I don't know the actual percentage, don't take that as such) chance of seeing one daily, all of a sudden it matters whether or not it's worth seeing, and all of a sudden it matters if that one chance gets diluted with junk.

I've kind of fallen into the second pool of people, in this regard.  I've done....six, seven?  Sorties since this came to pass and gotten two Riven drops, one lens, and the rest 2k endo.  Which means I have not been completely devoid of Riven drops, though the ones I've gotten have ranged from outright useless(Paracyst, a weapon I'd prefer the Hind mod I got from the quest to, and I won't use that either) to somewhat useful after one reroll(Opticor, a weapon I have tentative interest in at best).

These are fine, I admit I have some interest in seeing them, unlocking them, and exploring the options.  But getting them this rarely means I'm not really doing that in a way that I enjoy, and every day that is a failure(read: not a Riven mod) is a wasted day.

Even the idea that Nitain could conceivably deny me of even my 2k endo pittance is enough to reconsider trying for more Riven mods(I still ran them today).  Given that this is the end game direction, that's not good.

I'm curious about the Exilus Adapter. Didn't it used to be a fully build one? I remember that I once got one. Not sure about the potatoes either since I had never gotten one from Sorties. But an Exilus Adapter Blueprint would be my biggest beef since it needs 2 Forma and is easily available from Simaris and Teshin.