Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey there DE, I don't want Nitain and Forma in sorties, and here's why

Evanescent

Before I start, I wish to establish the following:

1)Sortie system is meant as endgame

2)Sortie system is therefore meant for veterans/experienced players or at least advanced players

3)Ergo, Sortie system should cater to veteran/experienced player needs

Now, 

Why 3 Nitain is bad:

Compensation aspect: Chopping and squirming through level 60-100 enemies with sometimes infuriating modifiers is not validated by receiving just 3 Nitain, please do not treat this like normal mission rewards because sorties cannot be repeated for rewards. Receiving x10 amounts would be better, but there is the:

Relevance aspect: At Sortie levels you are likely to have already made everything requiring Nitain, and even if you have not, you are doing alerts from them. There are not enough items to justify a resource as a reward especially because said resource cannot be freely contributed to anything unlike endo, and Sorties are not done to farm resources.

Why Forma is bad:

Compensation aspect: Again, the effort and the reward of 1 forma (even if built) is not proportional. One can far easily farm resources and/or plat to purchase forma packs from the market or set them building, as receiving one from a sortie is the same as setting one to build and getting it-each can only be gotten once per day if built/run. And then there is again the:

Relevance aspect: Forma is a good reward for new players who have need for it, but for sortie level players they are likely to already have a stockpile of forma or have need of far more than just 1, and can far more easily get more forma than a sortie can award in the same timeframe.

Both rewards are most beneficial for newer players, yet it is unlikely newer players at the stage where they would be appreciated would be doing sorties.

They are also competing with more relevant rewards to the target player group.

This also applies to 2k endo-it is simply not justifiable to have it stay in the reward pool for the reasons stated above.

What would be better and more relevant as rewards (in addition to current pool)?

I would say they should include some of the following:

1) Large Relic packs-Relics are always in demand, and desired.

2) Large Kuva packs-The RNG nature of Kuva ensures they will always be in high demand and always be useful, feeding into the Kuva mods that can also be gained from Sorties

3) Cosmetics and skins- NOTE: NOT EXISTING ONES. When it is said fashionframe is  truly endgame, it is only said half in jest. These will be appreciated more, especially if they are like Ayatan sculptures where they can also be cashed in for a desirable resource and also be used to decorate and add to prestige.

4) Arcanes- The nature of the raids is highly exclusive, and contrary to some people's beliefs I do not believe they would eliminate the running of raids. It would rather encourage them because people would be able to:

a)Get more arcanes than possible before with 3 raids and a sortie, b)Have arcanes be more accessible and therefore having them in grasp, would be more interested in completing them.

A Higher chance for Rivens to be awarded should also be considered.

This concludes my statement. Thank you for reasing!

_Evan

Good elaboration on your part. I would either vouch for your idea or for a normal token system, which allows for players to relinquish their sortie reward, transform it into sortie tokens (some special currency) and then make players able to transform their tokens into the reward they want, once they gathered enough sortie tokens. This way, you can focus on the rewards you really want and relinquish those you do not need or deem necessary to you. This would make the reward table more personalized than before. One could also add other rewards besides the ones you already mentioned to the sortie token register (Kuva, relic packs, specific mods...).

Personally i'd like if they bumped up the exilus adapter bp to a fully built exilus, and removed the nitain alltogether. Also they should just get rid of lesser lenses. Like from the game entirely. Focus gains are not great as is right now, we dont need lenses that cut that in 1/4. but 3 nitain? God Damn. That's like getting nothing. Thats why i know DE will make it like a 20%+ drop rate, because THEY KNOW how bad it is too.

That said, I am not on this "remove the 2k endo" bandwagon. 25 rare 5's is a big reward, from my point of view. Yeah, i may have accumulated a lot of endo now, i think over 500k? But with riven mods taking 7.5k each to max, and who knows what else coming down the pipe, I think endo is always a relevant reward. I never complain about 2k endo, although its really nice to see 4k from time to time. If they remove 2k endo from the sorties, are we then going to complain when we get 4k endo? Where does it end? Also, if endo is removed entirely it means i have to go to hieracon, and I've spent enough time there for a few lifetimes.

Edited by Skaleek

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Personally i'd like if they bumped up the exilus adapter bp to a fully built exilus, and removed the nitain alltogether. Also they should just get rid of lesser lenses. Like from the game entirely. Focus gains are not great as is right now, we dont need lenses that cut that in 1/4. but 3 nitain? God Damn. That's like getting nothing. Thats why i know DE will make it like a 20%+ drop rate, because THEY KNOW how bad it is too.

I'm playing for I think 5 month now, and I think I'm in need of 4 more nitain to build everything that requires nitain, and I'm working fulltime, having other hobbys and ignored about half the alerts :3 

So yey for the nitain \o/ ><

Forma: I'd rather buy 3 forma for 35p, than getting 1 (~11,7p?) from as a Sortie reward... 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)T0katax said:

I'm playing for I think 5 month now, and I think I'm in need of 4 more nitain to build everything that requires nitain, and I'm working fulltime, having other hobbys and ignored about half the alerts :3 

So yey for the nitain \o/ ><

Forma: I'd rather buy 3 forma for 35p, than getting 1 (~11,7p?) from as a Sortie reward... 

You're a new player. No offense meant here, but sorties were not made for you. You're welcome to run them, of course, but please keep this in mind when you give feedback and have foresight, because when you get to where we are, you will feel as slighted by 3 nitain as the rest of us.  You can get nitain the way the rest of us got it, really easily doing the alerts. I have stockpiled 50 nitain and I only do capture/ext/rescue/sab/spy nitain alerts. I also have a fulltime job and lots of stuff going on outside work, but i've never struggled with nitain, it just takes a little vigilance, or a twitter account following warframe alerts.

Edited by Skaleek

150 nitain for Wukong research in a large clan. I kid you not. Also I always need more formas.

I also need more potatoes and cats too. but at least now the sortie list is shorter then when wraith stuff was in the way.

Edited by Taramafor

On 11/24/2016 at 10:12 AM, Taramafor said:

150 nitain for Wukong research in a large clan. I kid you not. Also I always need more formas.

I also need more potatoes and cats too. but at least now the sortie list is shorter then when wraith stuff was in the way.

Its not though, because the old system had a "no repeat" function. Now we can get 3 nitain over, and over, and over. 

Edited by Skaleek

12 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

You're a new player. No offense meant here, but sorties were not made for you. You're welcome to run them, of course, but please keep this in mind when you give feedback and have foresight, because when you get to where we are, you will feel as slighted by 3 nitain as the rest of us.  You can get nitain the way the rest of us got it, really easily doing the alerts. I have stockpiled 50 nitain and I only do capture/ext/rescue/sab/spy nitain alerts. I also have a fulltime job and lots of stuff going on outside work, but i've never struggled with nitain, it just takes a little vigilance, or a twitter account following warframe alerts.

Did you missread my post? I already have all the nitain and Forma I need... so even for new players its not hard to get. And yes, I would feel slighted by 3 nitain or a forma for the sortie. 

Or did you seriously thought, I would cheer for getting Nitain from Sorties, as I'm missing 4 Nitain, and that change would hit ps4 in 1-2 month, where i easily have collected those?^^

Edited by (PS4)T0katax

I do NOT want any Nitain or Forma from Sorties.

I have only been playing for 2 months, sitting at MR 12. I already have built everything I need that requires Nitain and I have a stockpile of Forma already since I've been building 1/day. To me, Sorties should be the end game activity and Lenses/Riven/Legendary Cores are the only items I want from them.

If DE would allow us to trade Nitain or Formas, then I could see a purpose to them being rewarded in Sorties. Otherwise, it's just collecting a useless resource for 30 mins of grueling work.

Agreed, very bad choice for sortie rewards. Forma is kinda easy to farm from relics. And Nitain... Ofc we need more places where we can farm it but no way it should be in sortie. How about some archwing missions with Nitain as reward? We really need more archwing

I welcome built forma... in relic uncommon drops, not in sorties (unless it drops 3 instead). As for nitain: I have very limited playtime, and don't like half the mission types, so I only very rarely get to run a "good" nitain alert, but I STILL have no issues getting enough for stuff I need. I just don't have a huge stockpile.

i don't think seal tears or Forma belongs in Sorties, but as long as it's 5 seal tears and 5 Forma, it would be.............okay?
i also don't want Fusion Energy... or Legendary Cores... because i just don't care about those items as a Reward. not with where i am as a Player.
but Sorties aren't just for me so i don't expect only what i'm interested in.

however seal tears and Forma are the things one should be expected to have used in order to play Sorties in the first place, so.... wut?

really what sucks about Sorties is getting the same Rewards over and over, not that it takes a while to get the Reward you're interested in.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, (PS4)T0katax said:

Did you missread my post? I already have all the nitain and Forma I need... so even for new players its not hard to get. And yes, I would feel slighted by 3 nitain or a forma for the sortie. 

Or did you seriously thought, I would cheer for getting Nitain from Sorties, as I'm missing 4 Nitain, and that change would hit ps4 in 1-2 month, where i easily have collected those?^^

I must've because I saw that you said you were missing nitain and I thought that meant you were pro nitain from sorties, apologies.

7 minutes ago, Taramafor said:

That could work. And maybe 2 formas.

My point is, if you get a reward every stage of the sortie with the big ones being gated behind the third tier then it would be better. So you could get a built forma every stage and walk away with 3. You would just need to do the 3rd stage for a chance at something like a legendary core.