Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Conclave" Stance Mods

8r8kSpider

Alright so is there any particular reason we can't use these in PVE? From what I've seen they're pretty much just a mix of existing stances and animations in a way that focuses on single targets rather than any amount of crowd control. What exactly would be wrong with being able to use these in PVE? 

I for one have a strong distaste for the fact that some of our current stance mods (looking at you, Polearms) are, to put not too fine a point on it, SEVERELY LACKING. I don't think having a variety of options for stance mods is a bad thing, quite the opposite. I really think we should be able to "cycle" through stances on the fly, in much the way there are weapons in the game with an "alt fire", I feel as if "Alt Fire" for Melee weapons should toggle their stances- or in some cases, cycle through them. As long as you obtain the stance mods first, of course. I mean, the idea of having to polarize or unpolarize various Melee weapons just to put your favorite stance on them is a huge (and completely needless) chore, forma-ing and re-leveling any weapon I use just because the "good" stance mod for it doesn't match the default polarity on the weapons. 

That's just my two cents, I couldn't find a thread on this topic, and it doesn't really fit under weapons, or animations, by itself. Stances are such a cool idea but the implementation of them has been utterly hamstringed by needless restrictions and limitations. Especially considering how MANY stance mods for certain Types of weapon just have the same polarity, making a weapon WITHOUT a matching slot absolutely freakin' pointless. (Looking at you, Claws.) The division between stances is pointless, as having access to a wider variety of moves in-mission is just flatly more fun and doesn't seem to be a "balance" issue literally at all, given that there are obvious upsides to many of the stances "over" other stances, and these "more powerful" stances get picked over others, leaving them to languish. (I can't remember the last time I ever used "Rending Crane" on anything, besides equipping the stance when it came out just to see the moveset.)

I support your idea, but these mods are balanced for conclave, having low stats and required to be rebalanced for pve.. Otherwise i would enjoy them, they are quite good, and for weapons, that have some small amounts of stances. 

Edited by Quanlain

44 minutes ago, 8r8kSpider said:

What exactly would be wrong with being able to use these in PVE?

Nothing. So far the ONLY opposition comes from players who don't like Conclave  arguing that they would be "forced" to get them (even tho they are fully tradable and have no meta value in pve). Same for every other Conclave mod that would be cool if it was usable in PvE (like Relentless Assault, Grinloked, etc).

25 minutes ago, Quanlain said:

having low stats and required to be rebalanced for pve..

Not really, since, with few exceptions, most of the damage comes from mods and not really the stances. The importance of stances (sans Tempo Royale, Gaia's Tragedy, Crimsom Dervish, and other with high multipliers) comes from the animations. Conclave stances, being made for a high speed combat, would be a highly mobile alternative to some of the slowest stances in the game.

Also, Rending Wind, Conclave Machete stance, is good.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

Nothing. So far the ONLY opposition comes from players who don't like Conclave  arguing that they would be "forced" to get them (even tho they are fully tradable and have no meta value in pve). Same for every other Conclave mod that would be cool if it was usable in PvE (like Relentless Assault, Grinloked, etc)...

There's your sad answer. Op