Jump to content

Warframe Exilus Vacuum Mod


Ziden_
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I've been bouncing this idea around for quite a while (even before the Vacuum within release) and thought I would share it.  I know a lot of players (myself included) would love to run Kubrows and Kavats a lot more often, but vacuum is really useful (as the previous stats on the most used sentinel proved.)  When I'm rocking despoil Nekros, it's nice to be able to vacuum up nearby health orbs without having to walk over each one, or if I'm bladestorming it's nice to suck up all the stuff around the map.

The issue the vacuum within didn't present a solution for was the issue with kubrows/kavats inability to vacuum.  I recommend a Warframe Exilus mod that gives the player's warframe the ability to vacuum items.  Exilus mods are typically used for mobility, drifts, and other "utility" oriented mods (that I've seen.)  I feel that adding an exilus mod to give a warframe an innate vacuum feature would resolve all the issues and force players that want to run kubrows/kavats (or even a vacuumless sentinel) make sacrifices on their warframe in order to get the full benefits of Vacuum.

I feel that the addition of a vacuum Exilus mod would be fantastic for the community and truly open up all the companion options available to us.  I hope you take this under consideration and can see the beneficial impact it would have on the Warframe community.

 

Thanks,

Ziden

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ziden_ said:

Hello,

I've been bouncing this idea around for quite a while (even before the Vacuum within release) and thought I would share it.  I know a lot of players (myself included) would love to run Kubrows and Kavats a lot more often, but vacuum is really useful (as the previous stats on the most used sentinel proved.)  When I'm rocking despoil Nekros, it's nice to be able to vacuum up nearby health orbs without having to walk over each one, or if I'm bladestorming it's nice to suck up all the stuff around the map.

The issue the vacuum within didn't present a solution for was the issue with kubrows/kavats inability to vacuum.  I recommend a Warframe Exilus mod that gives the player's warframe the ability to vacuum items.  Exilus mods are typically used for mobility, drifts, and other "utility" oriented mods (that I've seen.)  I feel that adding an exilus mod to give a warframe an innate vacuum feature would resolve all the issues and force players that want to run kubrows/kavats (or even a vacuumless sentinel) make sacrifices on their warframe in order to get the full benefits of Vacuum.

I feel that the addition of a vacuum Exilus mod would be fantastic for the community and truly open up all the companion options available to us.  I hope you take this under consideration and can see the beneficial impact it would have on the Warframe community.

 

Thanks,

Ziden

It's the trade off for using an RNGezus cat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd prefer a hoover on a pet's back armour - there's enough space!

And I really like to keep my Exilus slot for rush or handspring. Still your idea would be better than no vacuum at all with pets - the poor freezing pets!

I don't know why DE is so damn stubborn when it comes to vacuum and different running speed for frames. It feels so anachronistic to me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Drufo said:

Then people would stop using sentinels, probably...

I feel it'd be more situational.  I still use my carrier prime a lot for the increased ammo for when I'm using ammo hungry weaponry.  Especially in sorties when I may have to use a particular weapon type.  If anything this would provide a redundancy system for when your helios, dethcube, wyrm, or carrier dies.  Sentinels will always have a place, this just makes the trade-off of using a Kubrow or Kavat less severe, but still forces the player to give up something on their warframe in order to do it.

Many people may not want to spend 7~ power on a vacuum mod on their warframe, and in those cases they'd utilize a sentinel.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Toran said:

Yeah, and why not, I say? Some would still prefer a sentinel for certain jobs (like Helios, Shade). Carrier has already become obsolete.

Obsolete?

Hardly.

Ammo-cap-increase and ammo-mutation in a single sentinel precept, applying to my primary and secondary weapons, all wrapped up in a neat little package I like to call "pretty much the most durable sentinel to-date"?

Yes please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should be made baseline and not require a mod slot at all.

At the very least they could just give us two pet slots. Let us have a living pet and a sentinel at the same time. 

Either of the above solutions is preferable to wasting a mod slot on my warframe to get a basic QoL feature that should have been made baseline a long time ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or DE can do as many people have requested an just make it an innate effect on warframes (a.k.a boost their current pickup range to vacuum level) and get rid of vacuum as a mod entirely. I mean DE has stood against mandatory mods, which is quite clearly what vacuum will be so long as it takes the form of a mod, and they want companion diversity which vacuum has always stood in the way of, putting it into warframes solves all of that. 

It makes no sense why they are fighting so hard against something that stands quite clearly for what they at least vouch for. 

Edited by Cubewano
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Or DE can do as many people have requested an just make it an innate effect on warframes (a.k.a boost their current pickup range to vacuum level) and get rid of vacuum as a mod entirely. I mean DE has stood against mandatory mods, which is quite clearly what vacuum will be so long as it takes the form of a mod, and they want companion diversity which vacuum has always stood in the way of, putting it into warframes solves all of that. 

It makes no sense why they are fighting so hard against something that stands quite clearly for what they at least vouch for. 

i'd prefer a passive or innate effect over my suggested change.  I feel that my suggested change is a step in the right direction.  We first had the carrier with vacuum, now all sentinels have vacuum, perhaps a warframe mod with vacuum would then lead to a passive ability that increases pickup radius.

A lot of people (myself included) would prefer to have the power of vacuum on my frame so I don't need a sentinel or a pet to do it.  The exilus mod is definitely a step in the right direction, and a passive ability would be the most pleasant quality of life change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ziden_ said:

i'd prefer a passive or innate effect over my suggested change.  I feel that my suggested change is a step in the right direction.  We first had the carrier with vacuum, now all sentinels have vacuum, perhaps a warframe mod with vacuum would then lead to a passive ability that increases pickup radius.

A lot of people (myself included) would prefer to have the power of vacuum on my frame so I don't need a sentinel or a pet to do it.  The exilus mod is definitely a step in the right direction, and a passive ability would be the most pleasant quality of life change.

I suppose so, it's silly that there needs to be steps like this at all though. Especially when, as I said, the solution offered is quite clearly what even DE implies they want. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...