Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it true that some weapons will be nerfed?

AntoninDvorak

The wiki is not an official source for information. DE doesn't publish information there. 

As for weapons getting nerfed, people there are most likely talking about the riven changes recently or the fact that the weapons in question are so much more powerful than almost anything else in the game. 

1 minute ago, QuiQuQa said:

And that's your problem.

3 minutes ago, Imaru said:

The wiki is not an official source for information. DE doesn't publish information there. 

As for weapons getting nerfed, people there are most likely talking about the riven changes recently or the fact that the weapons in question are so much more powerful than almost anything else in the game. 

I know... that's why i'm asking here. Thank you for your quick replies. At least i can breath in relief.

1 minute ago, AntoninDvorak said:

I know... that's why i'm asking here. Thank you for your quick replies. At least i can breath in relief.

One thing I should mention though is that, since the game is still in Beta, weapons are always subject to change, so there is always a chance that an exceptionally powerful weapon today will be much less so tomorrow. Just something to keep in mind.

Easy solution? Use weapons that you enjoy, not whatever the meta is pleasuring itself with at the moment. It's much more enjoyable, and most of the time you don't have to fret over whether something is going to get nerfed if what you enjoy about it is the mechanical aspects of it and not the numbers.

"Nerf" If by nerf it will deal self-damage now as with most other explosives they mentioned on a stream. It's original purpose was "rocket jumping" but it's since lost that purpose a long time ago and theres no reason to have a strong easily obtained weapon with no draw backs like other explosives have. 

Anything has the potential to be nerfed if it is considered part of the "meta" (stuff people use a lot). However, there is no current plan that anyone knows of in particular to nerf the Tonkor any further (although I think several months back they did something already to nerf aoe weapons getting automatic headshots or something). 

Keep a couple meta weapons around, but experiment with a lot of lesser used but cool weapons -- those are likely to be buffed or given some kind of mod boost as time goes on. 

@AzureTerra has a good point: If you think something could potentially be nerfed, and you like using it, then instead of worrying about it being nerfed, get your fill of the weapon now. Enjoy it fully and have fun with it while you can. 

Edited by Tesseract7777