Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't believe new Bladestorm will still make enemies invulnerable

BPNPC

22 minutes ago, Pyus said:

Max damage on discharge is 1300 damage, I have a buzlok that does more damage. I have no idea how you are killing swarms of high level mobs. I have tested the ablility extensively. Then main reasons to use him remain the speed buff and the shield. If a frame remains largely functioanlly he same post rework, using the same abilities he used before in the same manner, then what was the point of the rework. Discharge could have been awesome, it was limited by applying MAX health damage limits, where all other abilities are capped by the base damage multiplied by power strenght... having a health cap is very redundant.

Well yes this is true. The hp cap is pretty dumb, but hey like I said. DE isn't the smartest when it comes to reworks.

24 minutes ago, Fi-le said:

maybe for YOU, i was ALWAYS and I'm able to kill the enemies idk what's wrong with you guys, i did a lot of experiments and i was always able to kill the enemies -__-

there is difference between invulnerable enemies and you cant kill it because unranked weapons, wrong mods, ecc...

just try,  maybe is lag problem or idk

I know what you mean, doing large damage to them might seem like it's killing the marked targets, but their hp can't go under a certain percent until ash kills them.

54 minutes ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

I don't see any problem, you know, no Ash -- no problem.

Hide contents

After "rework" we will see no Ashes, and have no reason to actually use 4. Target every single enemy to kill em... It's not a ultimate, it is gun.

I hope we will have someday some real way to make frames cool, comfortable and not OP. I guess this day not a Day. Mag, Saryn, Ash, Trinity (even no more 1-2 combo). They not actually bad, but just not what i want.

Maybe we will have Limbo great again first time?

I'll still be using Ash. He's my favorite and I don't even spam BS. His other abilities get the job done for me perfectly.

1 hour ago, -CM-DarkSyndrome said:

lol Not all the reworks are nerfs. Sure they weren't the best but DE isn't the best when it comes to Reworks. They made mag really op with her rework(Before the Buff to nulls) but she was just a two skill wonder girl. Volt's rework was actually one of the good ones but a lot of people don't realize it. as they just look at his 4 as CC. His 4 is actually pretty killer. Built right you can lock down a map and kill hordes of enemies even going up into the 100's. I play volt as my main and know this for a fact lol. So don't just put off every rework as a "nerf". If you think Volt was a nerf then man.....idk, because his skills were straight garbage before.

I'm sorry to only partially agree.  Synergy issues could have resulted in a breakthrough, especially concerning speed.  They did not.

Riot Shield is so drain prohibitive/annoying that you might as well just go for the superior Nyx Assimilate Augment.

I'm a Volt main for life, but his 4 is only really effective due to the accidental prolonged stun effect resulting from high armor damage mitigation.  It's like Speed Nova...whoops? What?  Ok, let's keep that...

The damage itself caps.  What this means is that Volt is essentially a Grineer killer now due to high armor values and much less so with other factions at high levels.  They absorb the damage cap much faster and just keep coming.

Using 250 range against Grineer maps and watching KdT dance for 8 seconds in Rathuum is nice, but in many high-level situations it falls short.

He's still strong in mod utility...speed melee frame vs shield-augmented turret frame vs stun-lock frame...but it falls short of Mag's rework which was superior.

Back on point:  If they aren't removing invulnerability but they are making it harder more skill-dependent to match the current cinematic version, it absolutely is a nerf.

If the possibility exists for even greater returns via elite player skill, then it is a true rework in that one sense.

Pity, though.  I'd have chosen invulnerability removal with no additional changes over anything else.

Most of the community probably won't ever fully accept that recoding is just too difficult to change it.

Good luck, DE.  You have my support.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I don't and never have seen the issue with them being invulnerable ~ is it to do with you not being able to pad your kill count more before the Ash pads his?

Long as im within the 50m of share i dont care who gets the kill and if the target is invulnerable i'll switch my aim elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

I don't and never have seen the issue with them being invulnerable ~ is it to do with you not being able to pad your kill count more before the Ash pads his?

Long as im within the 50m of share i dont care who gets the kill and if the target is invulnerable i'll switch my aim elsewhere.

I don't mind Ash most of the time but when I am running an infested faction mission like Akkad or Exterminate and an Ashhole takes a couple of eternities to kill an Ancient Disruptor, dragging the mission on and on...

No. Just NO.

Edited by NativeKiller

7 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Some people like to keep their killing quick, Ash's ability is the opposite of that by prolonging the lives of some enemies (particularly tanky enemies) well past where they could have been without his hand. Suffice to say, the issue isn't someone else getting the kills, it's how long that someone else takes to get them versus how fast you could have done it, and regularly the ash is taking longer. (note this scenario is equally unpleasant for the ash player who is locked into a boring cinematic for the entire duration of the killing)

Oh man, seriously? I was hoping for an end to that. Watching an Ash activate Bladestorm after you launch an attack of your own that has some travel time (Anti-Matter Drop, a launcher projectile, a thrown melee projectile, what-have-you) is like seeing the star player on your basketball team catch your 3-pointer and turn it into a dunk. Then he starts flexing like he won the game.

Idk, I think invulnerability is good in a way, and bad in another.

The auras on the invul enemies is pretty stupid, but an easy fix.

Once Ash has targeted an enemy, the enemy is stunned, the aura goes away, and it cannot do damage until Bladestorm is finished. Balance it out by allowing an enemy to no longer be targeted if they've already had Bladestorm casted on them 3 times, or something.

The invul periods are good however, because of how much of a waste it is to spend the time targeting an enemy just for a friendly to kill it immediately.

As I always saying - DE don't play their own game so often. So what you can expect from them? Solving all problems at once?
Nah, guys, is too complicated. Better focus on dynamic lights and adding more stuff to grind. Is surely doesn't makes game more buggy and less playable, yeah.

2 hours ago, Fi-le said:

maybe for YOU, i was ALWAYS and I'm able to kill the enemies idk what's wrong with you guys, i did a lot of experiments and i was always able to kill the enemies -__-

there is difference between invulnerable enemies and you cant kill it because unranked weapons, wrong mods, ecc...

Always fun when someone talks bubbles.

During Bladestorm, mobs become invulnerable to anyone else because it caused a bug where if someone killed a mob during the animation, that Ash became stuck in Bladestorm.

So, no, you can't kill mobs that Ash has jumped on during Bladestorm because they don't take damage from any other source.

14 hours ago, BPNPC said:

On Primetime, Becca just confirmed that after the rework, enemies will STILL be invulnerable when being attacked in Bladestorm.

I can't believe it. Enemy invulnerability is one of the most annoying aspects of Bladestorm, and it's probably the most complained-about feature of the skill for BOTH Ash players and non-Ash players. Nobody likes to watch an Ash spend 20s killing an Ancient Disruptor. It should've been top priority on the rework list. It never should've been a feature in the first place.

My hopes for the rework were low before, but right now it's about as high as the Mag rework.

Unreal. Thats the whole problem with bladestorm to begin with.

Edited by Skaleek

One of the most complained aspect of Bladestorm and they intentionally keep it. I don't understand. And frankly I'm sick of teammates spending 10 seconds BSing a level 100 Eximus that could've been killed in 2 - 3 shots. At least build for max damage dammit.

3 hours ago, Fi-le said:

You're mistaking it for marked enemies. They only glow red and are still killable. Enemies that are already attacked though, are not.

Edited by TotallyLagging

2 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

I don't mind Ash most of the time but when I am running an infested faction mission like Akkad or Exterminate and an Ashhole takes a couple of eternities to kill an Ancient Disruptor, dragging the mission on and on...

No. Just NO.

1 hour ago, Wolfdoggie said:

That means the change didn't really fix his main problem. It generally just makes you have to waste time casting it. It's like a reverse QoL patch. :o

1 hour ago, Nordenfelt_ said:

As I always saying - DE don't play their own game so often. So what you can expect from them? Solving all problems at once?
Nah, guys, is too complicated. Better focus on dynamic lights and adding more stuff to grind. Is surely doesn't makes game more buggy and less playable, yeah.

So is it a buzz word and a controversial/offensive comment to suggest that the [DE]vs are "lazy" if a core issue with a certain ability, that is a prerogative for a slated rework, becomes overlooked even though a majority of the player feedback addresses that it must be done?

Surely, we can always use the excuse that the TWW was a time-consuming project, but expectations were running high for the Bladestorm rework to fix the enemy invulnerability phases. It hasn't been fixed, and has been left in the ability's mechanic, but the "approach" in using Bladestorm has become "more interactive than it was before."

Straight up, real talk. Bladestorm's been nerfed. Even with the boost to its base power to compensate for the removal of the auto-target mechanic, the enemy invulnerability phases still remains as an asinine grievance on the field for high-armored enemies or Ancient Disruptors. 

Not good. At all.

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Some people like to keep their killing quick, Ash's ability is the opposite of that by prolonging the lives of some enemies (particularly tanky enemies) well past where they could have been without his hand. Suffice to say, the issue isn't someone else getting the kills, it's how long that someone else takes to get them versus how fast you could have done it, and regularly the ash is taking longer. (note this scenario is equally unpleasant for the ash player who is locked into a boring cinematic for the entire duration of the killing)

So its the crowd who cant stand to slow down that have issues (not that they don't already have issues...)

Edited by AzureTerra

the whole rework looks dumb as hell. "let me aim at this single enemy for 2 seconds then do the same thing another 10 times on other enemies, so I can spend another 10 seconds killing the enemies I just spent 30 seconds looking at"

not to mention while you are spending all that time marking enemies your team mates can kill the enemies you marked, so the time you spent marking them becomes useless, time you could have spent actually killing things.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Stanicek3 said:

I'll still be using Ash. He's my favorite and I don't even spam BS. His other abilities get the job done for me perfectly.

This. Although Smokescreen seems overshadowed by Loki, Ivara and others.

While I can imagine the grief BS causes, it causes me just as much grief when someone else kills my 6 targets in 1 second flat making me waste the energy.