Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture 2.0? Make them Sniper friendly?

Rekkou

I always think Capture is best place to play sniper, hunting down a single enemy, take them down in a single shot, then capture them. However this is far from reality, target often got alerted even before seeing you, running away, going invisible, etc. At that point, it's just another run and gun

So here's my idea to improve Capture:

• Made the mission more open ended. No more linear map, start -> target -> escape shuttle -> exit
  • Don't give target a marker so we have to explore to hunt them
  • Allow players to hack into database or console to locate the target and escape shuttle
  • Allow players to disable escape shuttle
  • Place target in a place where you can have a good vantage point instead of any room.
  • Don't spawn nullifier as target
  • Give them increased headshot multiplier just like warden have increased stealth multiplier
  • If target detected you, made them summon elite enemies or security to guard them while they run. Don't make them throw smoke bombs

Pretty sure some people will hate this simply because they won't be able to quick run it anymore.

Edited by Rekkou
forgot about nullifier

I'm gonna stop you right there on the marker, do you mean no marker at all, or no marker until found? Cause if the former, just no. We need the marker to find/follow them among the HORDES of enemies.

Now I do think we should be able to disable the escape shuttle, or at least have a secondary waypoint to it and beat the guy there, ya know, run him of at the pass style.

3 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

I'm gonna stop you right there on the marker, do you mean no marker at all, or no marker until found? Cause if the former, just no. We need the marker to find/follow them among the HORDES of enemies.

Now I do think we should be able to disable the escape shuttle, or at least have a secondary waypoint to it and beat the guy there, ya know, run him of at the pass style.

It's the classic you have to spot them first then they will identify as target and the target as usual will be so different they'll stand out among regular enemies. But if you hack some consoles or database for information first, they will be permanently tagged.

Snipers need love in general, they have been underwhelming compared to the more popular weapons.

Removing the unnecessary and annoying nullifiers would help a lot. DE needs to decide if they want us to be the space ninja killing machines that we were before nullies and remove them and add different and more types of challenges or if we should not be that unstopable, but still remove nullifiers and add different and more types of challenges.

But snipers would still need buffs with nullies gone.

Sniper only mods would be great, like explosive rounds, if you shoot at a target and you land a hit, 100% weapon damage is done as blast in an x yard range around the target, that can do selfkill to make it balanced.

1 minute ago, Separius said:

Snipers need love in general, they have been underwhelming compared to the more popular weapons.

Removing the unnecessary and annoying nullifiers would help a lot. DE needs to decide if they want us to be the space ninja killing machines that we were before nullies and remove them and add different and more types of challenges or if we should not be that unstopable, but still remove nullifiers and add different and more types of challenges.

But snipers would still need buffs with nullies gone.

Sniper only mods would be great, like explosive rounds, if you shoot at a target and you land a hit, 100% weapon damage is done as blast in an x yard range around the target, that can do selfkill to make it balanced.

Damn, forgot the nullifier

Editing OP post

Hi,

I like your approach, that we should have first to localise the target by hacking in 1 or 2 security terminals and that not automaticly the whole ship or base goes on rampage to to stop you.

Similar to the spy missions, if you avoid detection to the terminals and after to the target, it should be an easy take down with a well placed shot. Since he would not be aware that a Tenno tracked him down and his protective mesures aren't activ yet.

The nullifiers, DE can leave them in the game, but should give some weapons the bubble pop-up feat, means: Sniperrifles, Mitter Pantera, Hikou, Spira etc to let vanish the bubble with 1 or 2 shot maximum.

I have actual to active snipers, which as soon deployed in any mission type are armed with their Sniperrifles. So i understand your point and hope they will reconsider capture.

On the other hand finding large open space in ships or space station is quite difficult, but still you will be able to snipe your way through. ^^

Best regards

Capture IS sniper friendly already! If you make it to the cap target without alerting anyone and don't get too close, then they don't know you're there. You can snipe them and usually a well place headshot on an unalert target will instantly take them out. One of the nicest feelings in the game. Having silenced weapons goes a long way in helping to accomplish this so I usually use banshee.

Hi,

Capture is sniper friendly indeed as most missions, but only if you are solo or have teammates with stealth approach. XD And maybe it is coincidence or not, but yes Banshee was already before here passiv ability upgrade my main sniper and she did a lot of take downs already.

But anyhow, the suggestions for an capture rework isn't that bad and the ideas presented are very good. The game is still very fast, so even to add terminals to discover the exact location of the target, makes it not that slow for the speed runners, just a bit more fun for the Stealth fans.

Best regards