a city.

Block_sendo

with the newest warframe tile set, being released a little while ago, it made me think, why dont we have a tile set thats just a city?

all the tilesets we have are, spaceships, spaceships, spaceships with infestion on it, broken spaceships, broken spaceships with infestion on it, asteroids, asteroids with infestion on it, factories, broken factories, factories with infestion on it, broken factories with infestion on it, etc, etc. simply put, all the tilesets are boring/ the same. i would love to see what modern people live like in warframe, DE you cant tell little sendo, that "oh pluto? yeah its 100% controled by the corpus, the only people who live there, live to work for the corpus." its not logical, there is actual proof, that there are normal people and cities, [play inaros quest] though the best example of atleast a civiliaztion, was wipped out by the grineer for hiding a warframe from them...... as much as i want to talk about how i think the infested and grineer are not bad, i wont. anyways id like to see maybe an abandoned city, maybe the city be pure infested faction, some place, so heavily infested that the grineer and corpus cant even go there.

though id like to see this idea it probably wont happen the way i would enjoy seeing it. the best chance we have for it would be an orokin city, but where we going to get that? not to mention everything would flow with the rest of the game, either a shiny blue color[corpus], a vomit color[grineer], or alot of gold[orokin]. i mean it would be different. even if the tileset id want to see would turn out the same as litterally every other tileset in the game, id atleast like to see how people live, maybe learn about the laws the grineer and corpus force upon, the people in that area?

a modern city maybe, just a major change in scenery. idk, but i mean really up at the top page i listed all the tilesets. well just about all of them, but its very cut and dry.

What would you see as a modern city in the warframe universe, don't get me wrong i love the idea and i've wanted a city tile set since i saw the earth tile set for the first time. But what would the look like. Would it be populated? Is it a safe zone like the relays? Or has it been taken over by 1 of the factions(i would assume(hope) corpus). Cause as we know for now...the system exists of 5 factions, that being grineer, corpus, space zombies, tenno and sentients who show up when they feel like it. Sure there are some remnant members in the relays and maroo's bazaar but they are clearly not enough for an entire city. Sure DE could just make more generic NPC's for in cities.

8 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

What would you see as a modern city in the warframe universe, don't get me wrong i love the idea and i've wanted a city tile set since i saw the earth tile set for the first time. But what would the look like. Would it be populated? Is it a safe zone like the relays? Or has it been taken over by 1 of the factions(i would assume(hope) corpus). Cause as we know for now...the system exists of 5 factions, that being grineer, corpus, space zombies, tenno and sentients who show up when they feel like it. Sure there are some remnant members in the relays and maroo's bazaar but they are clearly not enough for an entire city. Sure DE could just make more generic NPC's for in cities.

its hard to say what I would want to see, because if we look at gameplay, then if its still a populated city there would be issues, you would be killing people in the cross fire of whatever is actually happening, though if it was abandoned, and over run with infested then that wouldn't be a problem. its really hard to figure out what a city in warframe would be like, because all we ever do with the game is point out 'oh grineer are bad' 'oh corpus are scum bags, who only care about money and have a lot of it' DE has never really gone into how their cities function, they don't tell us "oh yeah, the corpus controlled cities, there are no poor people nobody starves, blah blah blah." it would be hard to even think about this stuff because they have never hinted towards it.

in my opinion though id just like to see a modern abandoned orokin city, not like the moon, not another tower, not a spaceship. just a place on a planet that people once lived and worked in, where people would drive from one place to another to get where they where going, to do whatever they had to be doing.

here think about this right? that place that's talked about in stalkers codex, its this big stadium right? why not have include that into the game? and sounded it with a city, make it into a quest or something I don't know, like maybe find that city, explore that city find that stadium that's talked about in stalkers codex.

Where are these cities going to be that makes sense? We already see stuff on Mars, Earth is overrun with forestation and such*, everywhere else is either a gas giant, controlled by a faction in a way that may not allow that sort of thing, and so on.

I mean, maybe Titan could be a Corpus mini-ecumenopolis? Would make you wonder why we've never gone there before though. 

Spoiler

Though we do see some ruins of an Orokin complex in The War Within inside a mountain.

On 26/11/2016 at 7:48 AM, Block_sendo said:

here think about this right? that place that's talked about in stalkers codex, its this big stadium right? why not have include that into the game? and sounded it with a city, make it into a quest or something I don't know, like maybe find that city, explore that city find that stadium that's talked about in stalkers codex.

You don't think the Corpus or Grineer would have looted a place like that by now? If it wasn't destroyed during the direct aftermath of the Orokin Massacre that is.

Edited by (PS4)Terpesr367

According to the game itself, the only consistantly and sustainably habitable places left in the Sol-Origin system are the Corpussian Temple-Cities orbiting Neptune (to a lesser degree) and a thin band around the northern and southern regions of Mars (to a greater degree, but, also happen to be live-fire contested zones). Hmmm. . . make of those what you will, my mind is currently to occupied by this breaching shotgun concept currently and unfortunately.

Edited by Unus

actualy. the reason we only go to the places used to do stuff like gather resources or build robotics is because shutting down those actualy matters. there would not be enough dangerous targets in a normal corpus city to create the necesity to go to that city. although it would be fun to look around there. its not needed. since warframes are meant for war. killing others. and slaughtering tons of citizens will not do anything exept make us the bad guys.

a nice thing that we could have though is the ability to make and visit tenno towns. it would make our tenno seem more alive. as currently all they do is fight. we dont know if they sleep. we dont know if they eat. we dont know if the poor souls do anything exept slaughter grineer, corpus and infested day in. day out.... i kinda feel bad for them.

13 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

a nice thing that we could have though is the ability to make and visit tenno towns. it would make our tenno seem more alive. as currently all they do is fight. we dont know if they sleep. we dont know if they eat. we dont know if the poor souls do anything exept slaughter grineer, corpus and infested day in. day out.... i kinda feel bad for them.

Tenno don't have towns, they have Relays, Dojos and Orbiters, and from what we can tell no they don't eat, drink and possibly even sleep.

Also their could be VIPs in the Corpus cities that we could investigate/track/etc.

On 12/3/2016 at 4:55 AM, SupremeDutchGamer said:

actualy. the reason we only go to the places used to do stuff like gather resources or build robotics is because shutting down those actualy matters. there would not be enough dangerous targets in a normal corpus city to create the necesity to go to that city. although it would be fun to look around there. its not needed. since warframes are meant for war. killing others. and slaughtering tons of citizens will not do anything exept make us the bad guys.

you are right, we wouldint need to go to a "normal" city, but maybe an orokin city? i think i talked about it in the main post {am so tired cant be sure} but that place stalker talks about in his codex, maybe it could be sorrouned by a great big orokin city, we go explore there and then BOOM we find that place in stalkers codex, see abunch of dead orokin people, see what there skeletons look like cause they changed themselves alot that would be interesting and it could tie in with the lore 

also think that in the stalkers codex that when the mention rewarding the tenno for winning the orokin the war they where going to reward then with the umbra frames so it could be a quest that rewards us with umbra excal [or frost because frost is the king of the frames] 

On 6-12-2016 at 7:55 AM, Block_sendo said:

you are right, we wouldint need to go to a "normal" city, but maybe an orokin city? i think i talked about it in the main post {am so tired cant be sure} but that place stalker talks about in his codex, maybe it could be sorrouned by a great big orokin city, we go explore there and then BOOM we find that place in stalkers codex, see abunch of dead orokin people, see what there skeletons look like cause they changed themselves alot that would be interesting and it could tie in with the lore 

also think that in the stalkers codex that when the mention rewarding the tenno for winning the orokin the war they where going to reward then with the umbra frames so it could be a quest that rewards us with umbra excal [or frost because frost is the king of the frames] 

what we could have is investigating towns in quests. for instance if a town was ravaged by an unknown version of the infested. or if we need some new part of the orbitter thats only found in orokin towns.

On 12/10/2016 at 6:47 AM, SupremeDutchGamer said:

what we could have is investigating towns in quests. for instance if a town was ravaged by an unknown version of the infested. or if we need some new part of the orbitter thats only found in orokin towns.

i dont know how to like these comment things