The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Antimatter Frame Name] As A Council Member, I'd Like To Apologise

Asagiri

...How does nova fit better?

It doesn't sound awful.

Which all the other ones - and all the other ones that were proposed by the DC - were. All you guys talking about how the DC proposed better names that DE didn't choose because evil conspiracy, I guess are crazy. The extremely vast majority of names proposed were horrible, with the ones that actually got chosen to go in the poll being the top of the dung pile.

I actuality like the unusual names there. I would have voted for cerna too, that name is really cool.

Dira, Neutra and Diraca aren't bad too, not sure what happened there. Null and Nova are like comic sans for me.

Edited by akkerusia

To be honest most of the other frame ideas were silly anyways. Hawk? Necro? Earth might have been cool. But i'm not sure about berserker.

I wouldn't knock Hawk as a theme. It could have easily been a really nice 'Speedy' frame. There is a ton of things you can do with a simple, basic idea like 'A bird' or 'Water' because there are hundreds of thousands of facts and neat little things about them that plenty of people know and understand.

I found Necro and Antimatter to both be less then interesting. Mostly because neither of those things really leave all that much room for wild creativity. Antimatter is essentially an explosives Frame if you ask the guys here on the Forums and Necro was either going to be another take on a poison frame or the basic 'I raise corpses' shtick. 

Water, Hawk, Earth. Those are decent because of the sheer number of possible suggestions you can expect to see when you bring those themes forwards. In my opinion that is the trait that is most valuable in a community suggestion sense. You want themes that open up the most possibilities when it comes down to suggestions in later stages.

Letting kids with money vote on this leaves us with this nonsense. Great move DE.

I don't understand. What evidence proves the Design Council has such a strong membership of "kids with money" that it would sway a vote one way or the other?

Lesson to learn here DE. Never give people with money power enough to show his lack of taste.. Most of them will do silly things with it. Only a few "gifted" would apply it responsibly and elegantly. Those will always represent the finest minority, and of course, like all minorities ,will get ostracized.

Miss those days when people had less money but more brain. Ahhh good ol´days.

Edited by Eversor

Lesson to learn here DE. Never give people with money power enough to show his lack of taste.. Most of them will do silly things with it. Only a few "gifted" would apply it responsibly and elegantly.

People keep saying 'people with money are da devil' but the result would be the same if it was open to the entire community.

Lesson to learn here DE. Never give people with money power enough to show his lack of taste.. Most of them will do silly things with it. Only a few "gifted" would apply it responsibly and elegantly.

The same would happen if the voting was opened up to all Founders, or all community members, or every Tom, $&*^ and Harry that happened to pass by DE's HQ.

The Design Council is 2000+ members strong - a large enough cross-section of the community to guarantee the outcome would be the same if opened to the entire community.

The fact these particular Toms, $&*^s and Harrys have $100 to spend on a game they enjoy is irrelevant to their personalities and voting habits.

Edited by Notso

People keep saying 'people with money are da devil' but the result would be the same if it was open to the entire community.

It would be a bit different. Instead of being mad at people for being rich and stupid, they'll only be mad at people for being stupid.

That's half as many things to be mad about.

It would be a bit different. Instead of being mad at people for being rich and stupid, they'll only be mad at people for being stupid.

That's half as many things to be mad about.

Half as many different reasons, but many times more individual reasons.

I would have called her Yin.

At least Nova isn't a terrible name. At least a minority of DC voters repudiated the pole by deliberately voting for some of the joke names inserted to poison the pole. At least whoever rigged the pole at DE picked at least one fairly decent name. See .. we can have nice things, despite both DE and their DC :P

Also, +1 for renaming Volt after Tesla.

Edited by beol

Didn't read through the 11 pages of this thread, but I think they chose based on the number of +s, at least for suggestions like Cerna, Null (which I voted for, BTW), and Nova. I too apologize, IMO Nova doesn't sound appropriate for "antimatter". =(

Lesson to learn, all you gamers out there, you're actually pretty bad at design. xP

In your opinion.

Well, really, it's one of the first things you learn when you start taking courses in game design: just because you're good at playing games doesn't mean you're good at designing them. Quite the contrary, actually.

Well, really, it's one of the first things you learn when you start taking courses in game design: just because you're good at playing games doesn't mean you're good at designing them. Quite the contrary, actually.

That's not what I was talking about.

You don't like the way the votes are going, so you don't think the DC in general is good at game design. But that's your opinion. Personally I think "Null" is quite a bland name and not particularly feminine, so I'd say you're not very good at game design either. But that's my opinion.

Edited by Notso

The same would happen if the voting was opened up to all Founders, or all community members, or every Tom, $&*^ and Harry that happened to pass by DE's HQ.

The Design Council is 2000+ members strong - a large enough cross-section of the community to guarantee the outcome would be the same if opened to the entire community.

The fact these particular Toms, $&*^s and Harrys have $100 to spend on a game they enjoy is irrelevant to their personalities and voting habits.

2000 strong... and  only 180 votes if im not mistaken. Such "cross-section of the community" is amazing. Something´s wrong...It´s the grineer, for sure ¬¬

Also im going to upgrade to master soon, dont even think it is a jelousy thing. I think my post was missunderstood, i never meant to request all founders being able to vote the name. Just the exact opposite, if anything. None.

Edited by Eversor

2000 strong... and  only 180 votes if im not mistaken.

You are. The vote opened today.

By the end of voting for the theme of the Warframe [Antimatter/Necro/Earth/Hawk/Berserker] there were 2783 votes. There are already 1600 on the name, as a matter of fact.

You are. The vote opened today.

By the end of voting for the theme of the Warframe [Antimatter/Necro/Earth/Hawk/Berserker] there were 2783 votes. There are already 1600 on the name, as a matter of fact.

And still "Nova" is winning with those 1600+ votes? Cant call it representative of all the community myself, sorry, not enough data to make such statement. My statistics teacher at university would probably refuse to even look at me lol.

Edited by Eversor