Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, Aebara said:

And—let me make sure I'm getting this right—you're actually nerfing one of the two best sources of endo. I had literally no reason to play sorties other than endo before. You've made one of the single grindiest elements of your game that much grindier to... give us a very slightly better chance of getting nitain and formas?

I can't believe I actually found someone complaining in favor of the Endo reward.

you do realize you are probably one of the few, if not the only person who WANTS to get 2k Endo right?

almost everyone is asking DE to remove the 2k Endo reward all together.

and if the chance of getting 2000 Endo a day is your idea of "best source of Endo" then I feel sorry for you sir

"Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. "

I KNEW you would use that as a reason...but think about this: What have we needed it for since.... kuva? I don't mean that you need to make more things for nitain (unless it makes sense) but there's no reason to collect more.

"A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to.  "

This^^^ I almost had a suggestion for this (pack or cheap-rare ones or one rare ayatan) I am 100% for it as opposed to 2k endo.

And I STILL think that Ash needs further development on his ult. Reason being you wanted people to not mash 4...but now they are just marking stuff... its almost the same but takes more time. and as rebbeca said: "Why do anything" So why use that instead of a weapon??

Edit:

P.S. No forma please...

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

52 minutes ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

Ash nerf.  Now cost more energy per attack then beore.. even if you get it refunded, and players can kill all your targets before you get a chance to blade storm.

Rather use Fatal teleport now.

Yes, 1000x this, please lower the cost. It costs 4 per target with my build. To target 18 enemies it'll cost 72 energy, where as it only costed 20-30 before. Even if the cost was reduced slightly it'd be much better.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes:

• Fixed Smeeta's Charm ‘Doubled Pickups and Affinity’ buff not working as intended and doubling a number of things that were unintended. It now properly doubles pickups: Resource, Health, Energy, Affinity, Credit and Ammo (previously it would).

Elaborate on this particular part please, don't stop halfway. Does this mean its no longer possible to get double void traces and occasional once in a blue moon kuva roll? Medallion's as well i would imagine? 

If it is,  i guess smeeta became a hell of a garbage RNG companion which is only good for focus farms/affinity gains.

6 minutes ago, Aebara said:

But why would you be in a low-to-mid level map unless you're pretty new, yourself (in which case I would take all the help I could get as a blessing) or speedrunning, anyway? If you want to play with a full party and have a reasonable level of challenge for all members of the squad, you should be playing on maps where Ember's usefulness is questionable.

You know, testing new frames, weapons, etc. - not all go to Akkad to do so.

Also farming relics or other stuff - sometimes I just want to have fun on lower level missions and not just speed running. Not always can go with teammates or want to go solo.

Also this ruin game for lower level players - at the moment you can't choose MR of random teammates in solo plays.

54 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Spoiler Fixes :

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a progression stopping bug when playing The War Within quest on a low-end machine.

IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU'RE SPEAKING TO ME, I HOPE YOU ARE... but if you are, WHO YOU CALLIN' LOW-END?

Lmao. With that one hour you spend doing a sortie you could pretty much run 2 excavation missions and get an equivalent amount of endo, plus resources, plus relics and at the same time get enough duplicated to convert for an extra thousand. 

Eh, DE.

Great skin, that's pretty much the only thing I like about this update, not that many people will buy it knowing that ash is going into the trash.

P.S. Fix the damn launcher temp banning me for 'failed login' when it's clearly your server side fault. 

So much Butt hurt today. I wonder how many people actually went and tested this change before raging on the forums. I feel like they glossed over the animation being one of the bigger problems on ash's 4 but besides that I kind of like these changes. 

1. I no longer have to spend 100 to kill one or 2 guys.

2. I can now pick off enemies like ancients without having to spend 100 energy while hoping I make it to the ancient. While at the same time not killing anything that is linked to the ancient.

3. its not really that hard to press 4 paint a few enemies and press 4 again.

4. From a none Ash point of view it no longer locks enemies for ash only once they start using bladestorm. One of the things I always found annoying when I had a ash in my squad.

All in all, I don't think its a bad change

Edited by WeavValkyrija