Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

Blade storm RIP.
Ash BS builds RIP.

Forma as Sortie Reward - RIP RIP.

Ash now will be beautiful, but totally useless.

Aaaaaaand! Cherry on the pie!

We have done sortie.

But we have NONE reward. NONE!!

But Sortie reward table showing - that we have ALL OF Rewards simultaneously.
GREAT!

Just <censored> great!
png&fsize=496795&hid=ad67629f305f0b33fda

Edited by Chameo62

5 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

So completed sortie, got 3 nitain as a "reward".  This is a horrible reward.  The patch notes says most people "only" have 9 in inventory.  So? 

9 is enough to complete most sets before searching for it.  I'd rather the endo.  Resource is not a reward. 

This. People don't tend to stockpile it, only going after the resource when they need it. Once we've got the big nitain projects out of the way, there is nothing to spend it on, and therefore, no need to farm any until the next big weapon update. Please reconsider.

Oh, and while forma is a huge priority for lower-powered players, it's effortless to farm for people who are actually qualified for sorties.

Tried Ash's new ultimate and it really isn't a great change.

Reasons I say this:

- Ash still has the cutscene thing going on. This removes you from the combat for X amount of time and really isn't justified. There was talk of just sending out shadow clones. DO THIS. Keep the targetting thing and let it shoot out shadow clones while you can continue fighting. Its cool, conceptually, and would justify the targetting mechanic.

- The change really feels more clunky than before. Bladestorm essentially functions the same way with an extra step thrown in to make it harder to use. By the time you get a bunch of enemies targeted your team has already killed half of them. Conceptually the change is kinda cool. But it sucks when put in normal gameplay situations.

Also, there is a bug with the ult that makes it so whenever you hit melee you randomly jump around the map bladestorming unmarked targets. Seemed to happen when I broke bladestorm animation early (not sure how this happened)

1 hour ago, CGs_Knackie said:

Formas & Nitain into the sorties? :c
4spyD5Q.gif

Iknowthatfeelbro.

I wish they didn't shove more drop table dilution in something that is supposed to be geared towards people who have finished the forma grind, the resource grind, and the mastery grind.

It really should just be the source for lenses and riven, because those two things are ONLY available through the ONCE A DAY sortie system . 

The ONLY way I would be okay with the new drop table, is if I could repeat the same sortie over and over again like a Heroic Instance in a comparable MMO gaming experience.

I would still be upset, but the massive buff to RNG (Ha!) could be offset with additional runs.

• Fixed Smeeta's Charm ‘Doubled Pickups and Affinity’ buff not working as intended and doubling a number of things that were unintended. It now properly doubles pickups: Resource, Health, Energy, Affinity, Credit and Ammo (previously it would).

Is it still be able to double medallion?? (Syndicate thing) 
Ty.

Spoiler
  • Kuva Siphon missions will have its own selectable mission to enter (exactly like how other multi-mission nodes work). This way once you commit to it, you know exactly what you're going in for and matchmaking will reflect that accordingly.

Well... even though this may be "practical" in the way that you know exactly what you're going for... on the other hand, becomes boring :/
I believe that there is a lot more enthusiasm not knowing what you're gonna encounter.

This is like... doing a mission on Lua and decide if you wanna encounter Sentients or not.. :/

As always, just an opinion :)

3 minutes ago, Thicondrius said:

what? nerf ahahah this is a big buff guy, now is more op! ty DE finally need some skill for play this frame. (and we can make a target priority now TY) nice Rework rly i love this "new" Ash.

I said the same thing until I tried him. Definitely not a good change.

New Sortie Rewards:

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

Good Lord no please. I thought we were free of the forma nightmare after the void was changed. Please remove Forma and Nitain. If you want to add a resource to the drop table why not put Kuva which has continuous use, instead of Nitain.

So you wanted player participation and not just pressing one button and waiting and you "achieved' that by making player to press that button twice, franticly jiggle the mouse and then wait. What a great idea! As if a player can't just do the same but without waiting using primary weapon.

Also my game crashed during my like 5th attempt to enjoy that new level of involvement.

I'm tired of the ammount of bugs that every new patch introduces. Uninstalled.

Edited by Smertyuk

Just now, Smertyuk said:

So you wanted player participation and not just pressing one button and waiting and you "achieved' that by making player to press that button twice, franticly jiggle the mouse and then wait. What a great idea! As if a player can't just do the same but without waiting using primary weapon.

Also my game crashed during my like 5th attempt to enjoy that new level of involvement.

I'm tired of the ammount of bugs that every new patch introduces. Unistalled.

While I agree the change isn't very good your reaction is that of a child. Grow up.

As someone who just got its 3rd/4th day of 2k endo I say...kill the RNGesus we have now please...maybe when it reborns it may do something usefull....and this new prize list? Im seeing hundreds of nitain in my future (Im currently at 16 after just beggin a new Valkyr prime part)...and I toped 50 easily...in about 7 months. Seriously, some people need nitain and  I understand that. Cool for them. Same with endo.  I have more than 150k endo....I dont need more endo. Most of my game is farming at hieracon. Each run there gives me more endo than a sortie (when  I get a good team that is...). Can someone write an algarism that can make RNGesus see that? Too much hasle  I think. Anyway, its all about points of view. I dont need more endo. Some people do. People need nitain.  I dont.  I want more focus lens...RNGesus never give them to me (rarely, for sure).Orokin catalysts/reactor would be nice as well (never got one by sortie...Im having to buy them...at least there is a promo coming soon). I hate riven (Im lazy with the challenges...sue me). Some people will enjoy this new patch. Others wont. Life goes on...one way or another. Back to formating my frames and weapons. That nice 3 day boost I've got for the 350 (?) day wont last much longer....

3 minutes ago, blueThunder24 said:

You know, testing new frames, weapons, etc. - not all go to Akkad to do so.

Also farming relics or other stuff - sometimes I just want to have fun on lower level missions and not just speed running. Not always can go with teammates or want to go solo.

Also this ruin game for lower level players - at the moment you can't choose MR of random teammates in solo plays.

I very clearly remember the low level experience—for me it was just a year and a half ago. Even on pub I had to solo my way through virtually the entire solar map because nobody played the grand majority of those missions. The percentage of press-4-to-win frames I actually ran into during that period, even excluding all my solo runs? Probably about 5-10%. Even if I didn't appreciate them making my life that much easier—and I did—, that's hardly ruining the game.

And if you want to run a low level mission on pub for whatever reason, and you aren't looking to play with someone who can wreck the entire map, just duck out of a mission if somebody with MR8+ shows up, or try again once the mission is over. It's not that much of an inconvenience. Asking DE to nerf an already weak frame whose only practical function in the metagame is to make quality of life better is completely inappropriate.

3 nitain in sortie rewards?

Hell at least i could max/sell mods with the endo i got every day. Now i just get a chance at "you get nothing" b/c i dont need nitain for anything, and even if i did i have enough to build most things.

The kuva changes might not be working properly? Im not noticing a cooldown between missions(thankfully, if there WAS a cooldown itd've made farming Kuva waaaaay harder than it needed to be)

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Each mark costs Energy (15) which is affected by Mods. If a marked enemy is killed by a squad mate, you will get the energy back. 

I would really like to see this "energy refund on squadmate kill" mechanic applied to Mag's Magnetize ability at some point in the future.

That being said, very cool changes to the sortie rewards, I have been missing out on a lot of Nitain alerts AND I'm not very diligent when it comes to crafting Forma as efficiently as possible, so I'm gonna be doing Sorties more. :cool:

21 minutes ago, jakubSVK said:

Is there any other way to have the nikana skin other to buy the whole bundle? If not then why.

Because DE thinks it can squeeze more money out of the few desperate idiots willing to pay for a frame skin they don't want in order to get other cosmetics than the vast number of people who might buy those "premium" cosmetics if they didn't have to pay for a frame skin on top. 

I really must address this issue that im concerned with, though..

What about being able to kill enemies through walls with BS?? Whether you see it as too much for other players to handle, (even though it might not have been a problem before..) being able have a function during target mode that lets us see enemies through walls like a covert ninja WOULD BE SO FREAKIN PERFECT! :D

(NOTE: if there is a function, i just haven't tried out the new ash yet. this is just a concern)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, DE :heart: