Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Biter. said:

Nyx and Excal definitely deserve skins other than their Dark Sector ones. Or at least PBR them in the mean-time while we wait...

I know, right? Of course, this is my personal taste; many players love Proto-Excalibur, but not me. Not only does it allow minimal customization, it also has that incredibly annoying piece of scrap metal sticking out of his shoulder. For some reason it irritates me to no end. I'm not sure whether proto skins were done by the same artist who did the recent skins, but the new ones are on a whole new level. I'd love to see a new Excalibur skin, especially since Excal is my favorite frame, not to mention one of the most balanced and easily playable frames.

Bye ash was nice to have you srsly they made a huge change... instead of just pressing 4 u now have to press 4 scan target press 4 and bladestorm will be just like it was ... thanks for the amazing change. then here ima ask for the nerf on embers 4 it makes no sense you press 4 and it stays active and kill nerf it... 

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

Additions:
ZKC2wYD.jpg 
ASH KOGA SKIN 
Emerge from the dark smoke of battle as a new vision of the master spy.

ASH KOGA SKIN BUNDLE
Become Ash Koga, with this striking skin bundle. Includes the Ash Koga Warframe Skin and the Nikana Ryu Skin.

Ash Revisited

We decided to rework Blade Storm after almost a full year of the same themed feedback showing up. We often heard and experienced a power that doesn't allow for player participation beyond pressing 4 once and waiting. We have been increasingly committed to participatory powers (especially ultimates) and focused on emphasizing that for Blade Storm.

Blade Storm Changes:

• Blade Storm now has a new 'Mark Enemy' mode that is activated when you hit 4. Ash enters target mode, which you can freely target enemies with your reticule up to 3 times each for attack. Once you're satisfied, press 4 again, Blade Storm begins and all targeted enemies are attacked!
  • Each mark costs Energy (15) which is affected by Mods. If a marked enemy is killed by a squad mate, you will get the energy back. 
  • Marks made while invisible by any source will have a cheaper base cost (10). 
  • Enemies killed by Blade Storm will dissolve, leaving no corpse behind to detect!

Teleport Changes:

• Teleport will now allow you to target anything with a health bar! Instead of being limited to Teleporting to allies or enemies, you can now teleport to objects. 

Smoke Screen Changes:

• Smoke Screen can now be cast while running (no lower body movement lock).
  • Smoke Screen can now be cast while in-air! 

Please note that we will be closely monitoring your practical feedback - please feel free to share videos and discussions after playing this rework. It'll help us if you include details on your build used too. 

Sortie Reward Changes:
Previously:

Hide contents
  • Endo (2K) 
  • Endo (4K) 
  Hide contents
  • Riven Mod
  • Lens/Greater Lenses
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

New Sortie Rewards:

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing. When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop to be the new, interesting, and unique evergreen goal for players in Sorties.  Rivens remain common with these changes as we see them as the ultimate goal for Sorties. Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to. 

Spoiler Changes:

Hide contents

Changes:

• Reduced the Cycle sound of Riven Mods.
  • Polished numerous Operator/Transference sounds.
  • Tweaked the description of the ‘Kill X Sentients’ Riven Mod to ‘Get the killing blow on X Sentients’ to reduce confusion. 
  • ‘Kill X Sentients’ Riven Mod can now be completed when killed by sources other than the player's Warframe (Operator, Companion, etc).

Kuva Siphon Changes:

• Kuva Siphon missions will spawn on any Planet near the ever-moving Kuva Fortress.
  • Kuva Siphon missions will have its own selectable mission to enter (exactly like how other multi-mission nodes work). This way once you commit to it, you know exactly what you're going in for and matchmaking will reflect that accordingly.
  • There will be 6 Kuva Siphon missions active which will rotate around the planets near the Kuva Fortress with a cool down as you complete each one.

Changes:

• 10x Kavat Genetic Codes have been added to Alerts!
  • Doubled the length of rare-item Alerts!
  • Sortie Rewards are now displayed in color by rarity. 
  • Valkyr Prime, Cernos Prime, and Venka Prime have been added to the Codex and are now linkable in chat. 
  • The Kuva Fortress is now eligible for Grineer Sortie mission locations. 
  • You can now change firing modes during reload on the Stradavar and Zarr as per feedback:
  • Optimized Holster customization. 
  • Made some changes to lower level load time in some cases in the Kuva Fortress.

The Jordas Verdict Changes & Fixes:

• Reduced the range in which waypoint markers will display in the HUD in The Jordas Verdict to reduce distraction when maneuvering through the tunnels. 
  • Fixed a progression stopping bug where the esophage wouldn’t consume the vape if the Host is outside or downed/dead in The Jordas Verdict. 
  • Fixed being able to fly through J3 Jordas Golem in The Jordas Verdict. 
  • Fixed seeing squadmates distance displayed on the HUD after they’ve entered the tunnel in The Jordas Verdict. 
  • Fixed failing The Jordas Verdict if a player goes through an esophage at the same time a nerve is destroyed.
  • Fixed The Jordas Verdict cinematic animating players below the level. 
  • Fixed a flickering shield effect on the J3 Jordas Golem in The Jordas Verdict. 

Conclave Changes:

• Added a confirmation message when trying to leave as a Client at End of Mission by pressing ESC to avoid unintended quits. 
  • Reduced the damage of Cernos Prime in Conclave.
  • Halikar disarm chance is now 100% in Conclave.

Fixes:

• Fixed Brood Mothers and Boilers going into T-pose after death.
  • Fixed Ash Shuriken wonky aiming and bumped up the turn rate so they hit targets much more consistently.
  • Fixed Smeeta's Charm ‘Doubled Pickups and Affinity’ buff not working as intended and doubling a number of things that were unintended. It now properly doubles pickups: Resource, Health, Energy, Affinity, Credit and Ammo (previously it would).
  • Fixed a progression stopping bug of the floor not opening up during the Lephantis fight.
  • Fixed new players not being able to move after a Host Migration occurs in Endless Void Fissure Defense and Interception missions.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred during extraction in Survival and Excavation Void Fissure missions.
  • Fixed Clients being unable to progress through Assault missions on the Kuva Fortress. 
  • Fixed Mirage’s Hall of Mirror clones applying her Aura as well.
  • Fixed a loss of functionality in Maroo's Bazaar.
  • Fixed ‘Level Up’ being displayed instead of the correct ‘Rank Up’ terminology. 
  • Fixed incorrect use of grammar in Valkyr’s Passive description. 
  • Fixed the Phobos Junction task ‘Open 3 Lith Void Relics’ not completing upon opening 3 Lith Relics as per:
  • Fixed the Relic Selection screen showing filepaths. 
  • Fixed Archwing weapons (Cyngas) swapping to melee on empty fire.
  • Fixed Sortie using old faction ownership of Mars & Phobos (Mars is now Grineer, Phobos is Corpus).
  • Fixed missing equip sound for Venka Prime.
  • Fixed players getting stuck under elevators in the Kuva Fortress tileset. 
  • Fixed occasional hitches in the The War Within quest.
  • Fixed not being able to customize the Energy color on the Saita Prime Operator Skin. 
  • Fixed some cases of long hitches when loading into levels. 
  • Fixed enemies not being properly highlighted and their ragdolls sometimes not disappearing in the Mastery Rank 9 test. 
  • Fixed script errors in Void Fissure missions.
  • Fixed numerous Zoom Mods having double negatives in their description. 
  • Fixed the holster positioning of the Ripkas. 
  • Fixed some effects not replicating for Clients in Kuva Fortress Assault missions.
  • Fixed issues of long load times in Kuva Fortress Assault missions. 
  • Fixed being prompted that a squadmate doesn’t have the proper Sortie restricted loadout at the end of the 10-second countdown. 
  • Fixed reload sounds on the Supra.
  • Fixed the Kohm appearing to fire inhumanly fast when viewed as the Host.
  • Fixed Kubrow ‘Howl’ and ‘Dig’ barks not playing. 

Spoiler Fixes :

Hide contents

Fixes:

• Fixed a progression stopping bug when playing The War Within quest on a low-end machine.
  • Fixed Teshin’s clone not appearing in the second mission of The War Within quest when playing in a squad. 
  • Fixed a loss of functionality when linking Riven Mods from the Profile screen.
  • Fixed the Operator not being able to drop a picked up datamass.
  • Fixed being able to maneuver around the detection lasers when pursuing Teshin through the Asteroid field in The War Within quest. 
  • Fixed the Queen's Scepter applying your custom colors in The War Within quest. 
  • Fixed Kuva Jester/Guard abilities not being blocked by Nullifiers. 
  • Fixed Transference playing the Warframe’s default cast sound.
  • Fixed Operator sounds playing late for Clients. 
  • Fixed Clients that are in Transference while in a mission displaying an additional Zariman default hood.

This is all great, but Riven Mod changes coming when? I'd like to know that this game is going back on the right track as soon as possible. Also, take Forma and Nitain out of the Sortie reward table. This will just result in a bunch of unhappy players with loads of Forma and Nitain that they either don't want, don't need, or could have gotten cheaper elsewhere (it's easier to farm trash primes for Formas), and act as a tumor on the sortie reward table for the majority of the playerbase that is already annoyed when they get formas in relic missions, and don't want them polluting another drop table. Same with Nitain.

Edited by Daggerpaw1

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing.

What you've done is replaced some of the 2k endo rewards people were already complaining about with even worse rewards. Yes, it's "more diverse". People aren't going to complain about getting 2k endo 5 days in a row as much. But they're still not going to get anything they actually want.

Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option.

I bet people who play sorties are mostly the group of people who have stocks of Nitain though (also, 9 is a pretty high number you don't need that much). The people who are newer or who don't play as much who need Nitain are probably not going to do sorties for it. It's not like this even makes sorties a reliable way to farm Nitain.

Sorties must not have Nitain and Forma. Sorties are for harder rewards not for easy ones.

Invasions are for easy rewards (Fieldron, Detonite Injector etc.) in same range are Forma and Nitain so they are for Invasions NOT for sorties. What will player with MR18+ do with so many Nitains?! Nothing he can`t sell them he can`t do enything with them so why would anyone need so many Nitains on MR 20 or 23?

Forma is only in Fissures or/and Invasions. Forma in sorties what again what in sorties wtf is this....

In 7 months do you know what I got from sorties -> Set and endos thats was all in 7+ months of playing sorties. Now I will get even less endos and Nitains I have 80+. What will I do with so many Nitains on MR22,6?! it was fun playing sorties at least a got endos something useful...

16 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Except the very possibility of farming Nitain is determined by RNG. In the past week, I've obtained exactly 1 (one) nitain.

And no, nitain is not useless to the majority of players. Stop acting like any singe one of us speaks for the many. I'm just one of many(however many it may be) players which are content with these new rewards. Mind, the pleased ones have a high tendency to stay quiet.

And you can always farm nitain. With the way the last 30 something releases have gone, there's always a need for it. So what if you're one of the vets who can play so long as to be hemmorhaging every possible type of resource? Do you really think that's the majority of the playerbase?

What im saying is that it doesnt belong on the Sortie table. Maybe boost the Sabotage drop rate. Maybe make some other means of getting it(Crafting/Uranus? The flavortext mentions underwater vents, maybe have it drop from something like that on the underwater tiles). But the sorties are designed to be endgame, meaning a lot of the people playing them are those "vets who can play so long as to be hemmorhaging every possible type of resource", so why put in an entirely dead drop for those players.

(Also in case you need help getting Nitain, go get that app that tells you the alerts. I had it when i was grinding Ivara and it made getting Nitain waay faster)

Good job, DE. Thanks for the good work.
I would like to say that I like the changes that you've made for the sorties. It's really nice that we actually have a better chance at getting the stuff we want. But holy crap, can you just take off Endo from the reward tables period? We don't need 2k endo, at all! What with the amount of endo we can get from just doing normal missions, I think that it's fine that we don't have them in sorties. [Me saying this DOES NOT mean that you should remove endo from the normal missions or even nerf them, oh no no.] But I believe that if you wanted to have players worry about Endo, couldn't you just put them alerts or in the void? No one goes to the void anymore. So, it would be a good idea to give people a REASON to fight void enemies that aren't in fissure missions. So please, just remove endo from sortie drop tables. It's not worth being a common drop in a SORTIE. Which is essentially just hard mode for certain mission types. 

In addition to this, I appreciate that you guys have decided to fix Ash. But can you PLEASE fix Max? This warframe is weak as crap because so many people whined about Mag having an advantage over the corpus. Which, in my opinion, is just plain misguided thinking given that Mag is literally the BANE of the corpus. Or at least, she's supposed to be. But now? She's just a warframe that you'd show off to your friends just to show that you have them. In essence, she's nothing more than a collector's item, especially in her Primed Variant. So PLEEEASE fix her. We need Mag to get fixed, regardless of how short of a time it's been since her rework. 

I don't main Ash to fully give a well thought opinion. but from someone who gets queued with Ash players quite often, it's making non sortie missions more bearable and fun (WoF Embers and Sim Mirages are still here though).

"Oh crap" moments in sortie+ level missions might be harder to get out of with no bladestorm nuke, but that at least that adds to the challenge.

Honestly,the overall Ask "rework" is ok.  I like using all of his abilities (except teleport). 

For Bladstrom, I like the new mechanic but I am not too keen on the energy cost(160% efficiency is 6 energy per enemy. 15 enemies*6= 90 energy). Also why make it slightly cheaper when invisible? Smokescreen duration sucks so there isn't NO synergy: 125 Dur =10 secs but you would want energy efficiency for bladstrom so fleeting expertise is important

I still like smokescreen especially now that casting it is MUCH easier and smooth. But again duration is low (doesn't need to be high as Loki lvl duration though) 

I love his first ability especially with the augment (that strips 70% armor for a few secs) but there was no tweaks to it sadly. I was hoping it could gain a boost when throwing weapons are equipped.

Teleport is still trash. Its augment is a waste of a slot; The augment does what normal teleport should do(the triggering finishers part. The energy return and extra damage isn't needed).

31 minutes ago, MelanyAliste said:

On the sortie rewards... I'm mixed about it. The Forma should not be there, as like others have said, relics make those plenty easy to get if you want them, and even if you don't want them. The Nitain Extract reward is silly because those already pop in alerts; there's no need to dump them into sortie rewards. If people have that low an average (I know I don't have that low amount of Nitain) then maybe you should consider either making nitain alerts a tiny bit more common or make the alerts drop 2 or 3 units as a reward instead of just 1. The boosters I like the idea for, because unlike wallet warriors, I'm not keen on dumping money into this on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis. Having a free alternative for boosters is something is REALLY like the idea of, though as of me writing this, the hotfix to remove those from sortie rewards is hitting, so too bad for that. Also, the Exlius Adaptor has no business being there as there's already an absurdly easy method to earn those blueprints; you're being redundant with them.

Following this logic catalysts, reactors, and endo shouldn't be in the reward list either because they are already accessible via other methods.