[DE]Megan

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

Also everyone's crying about the "nerf" without testing Ash after his rework. He's far more useful now. Also a lot more powerful.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SickSara said:

Also everyone's crying about the "nerf" without testing Ash after his rework. He's far more useful now. Also a lot more powerful.

How is "increasing the energy cost while adding a line of sight requirement" a "rework" that makes him "more powerful"? They also failed to address the core issue of still being stuck in his long cutscene.

0up0NbO.png

Edited by TheTundraTerror
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option.

Did you cross reference that data with the number of players who already have the items that require Nitain?  I mean, having 8 Nitain and only needing to spend 5 of it on Valkyr Prime is no big deal but having 1 of it and not yet having Valkyr Prime, Nekros Prime or, importantly, Vauban Prime would be a big thing. 

Even then, I would question if Sorties are the correct place to put it as, frankly, I pass up a lot of Nitain alerts because I don't feel the need to do certain mission types for 1 Nitain and the idea of doing 3 missions with extra challenges and higher level enemies for 3 Nitain doesn't appeal.  I do Sorties for the rewards only Sorties offer, Lenses and Riven Mods, and I do missions I might not normally do because I want those rewards.  I don't want to do high level Defense/Excavation/Interception missions with additional handicaps just to then get 3 Nitain that I could have got from alerts that I didn't bother doing because they were Defense/Excavation/Interception.  I don't want to have passed up an alert for Nitain due to not wanting to do that mission type just to then get Nitain for doing that same mission type but at a higher level and with an additional handicap.

A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to.

This sounds cool as it makes 2000 Endo a bit more interesting than an abstract number of resource.

Fixed Clients that are in Transference while in a mission displaying an additional Zariman default hood.

Did this also fix clients having the rest of the Zariman suit in addition to their custom suit?  It wasn't just the hood that clients gained, it was the entire Zariman suit

PS: I can confirm that the Zariman suit does make your butt look big, as the Zariman butt clips through the Saita Prime leggings!

• Upvote 3

3 Nitain and Forma...really? In sorties??? REALLY???? Well...that will definitley cause some problems

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheTundraTerror said:

How is "increasing the energy cost while adding a line of sight requirement" a "rework" that makes him "more powerful"? They also failed to address the core issue of still being stuck in his long cutscene.

0up0NbO.png

I never had so much damage output on Ash before his rework, but I might be wrong. Still, he's less of a cancer now. No more "Spam 4 like a monkey".

Seriously guys? 2k endo should be GONE period, and putting 3 nitain isn't a smart idea, what happened to the TOKEN system? What happen to sorties being end game content? What happened to actually putting stuff in that'll make it actually feel like your effort is being rewarded? 3 nitain shouldn't be a sortie reward, same with ONE single forma, that's just insulting to some of us, and even with some sorties being able to be done in 20 minutes, shouldn't be a justified means to basically dillute the drop tables with items that have no business being in the sorties. Everything else in this patch is good, but honestly we DONT need nitain, if anything you should have it where it would LOGICALLY spawn and that's on Uranus, aka the Ocean planet where nitain is usually found based on the codex entry for it.  

• Upvote 2

Oh c'mon you fix the Ripkas holster bug BUT NOT THE DAIKYU HOLSTER?

STILL      NO      FIXES       FOR

• FOV not resetting after exiting Transference/returning to Warframe
  • Exiting Transference/returning to Warframe stopping you from using basic mechanics (Aim Glide, Melee, Rolling, Powers, Emotes, Pick ups)
  • Sentinel dying from the unknown after Operator death and not reviving from initial death with Regen equipped
  • Not being able to use Transference at extraction
  • Orvius suspending the nearest target instead of the target being aimed towards
  • Kuva Guardians, Kuva Jesters, and Kuva Siphons not appearing in the Codex
  • Being unable to Emote while there's no action in a mission
  • Operators appearing as an amalgamation of the default and custom look while in-mission
  • Scorches still having ridiculous range/punch through reaching across tilesets and AoE
  • Bombards rockets phasing through closed doors
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, abdo2891990 said:

in my opinion
playing for almost an hour to complete the sorties
then get a froma as a reward
for me and i think a lot of players specially (  the veterans ) may have the same idea
i am not satisfying at all 
please don't put forma in the drop table

Agreed, I won't bother with them anymore.

Another update for new players,

3 day boost - useless to people who support the game with prime access.

endo - i have over a million.

forma -i have 120 made

nitain -i have 30 and not hard to get.

potatoes-i have a mix of 40.

For the RNG to get a riven mod and then RNG for it to be any good,last one was for paracyst and i'm yet to get a good one.

Edited by _sheepy_
  • Upvote 3

Well, good work DE!
This was a good update in all...
Yet there are some issues:
- Ash Rework - i kinda like it. Feel more like ninja/assassin. Blade storm targeting is a bit clunky, but for mindless killing is ok... Synergy with Smoke screen is nice on paper, but all-together is bad. =/ Why? Because the price for marking targets is too high and when invisible is still -  not lower enough (+ you pay for your invisibility!). My main problem is the Huge! skill cost. I hope you rework that part again.
Here are some notes:
--> Blade storm + Zenurik - yeah, i see some people say this is the solution, but... Zenurik is solution to ANY caster frame and yet - here is pushed to its limits. Compared to other (if not all) frames this huge price - 270/180 is ridicules!

--> Max efficiency + Zenurik - kinda Ash before rework. I don't like to play max eff, but this is not a serious 'nerf', just push you to play "un-funny"; Adding "Prime Flow" just make you caster frame and  yet, he is not caster, because he can only spam his '4'. So is like before the rework.

Some suggestion:
- Make the main cost 10 energy per target/mark;
- Synergy with Invisibility (not only Smoke screen, but any other invisibility) will give you great chance (like 50%) per target to refund 10 energy (and only 10 energy) per target.

Sorties rework:
- Really - this Endo is annoying. But more bigger problem is the 3 day boosters - which would be good if here are some new players... but after locking Sortie after the War Within - there is only high level player and we don't need boosters. Or very, very rearly... and kinda - don't mind to by one when is such a hurry. And already build 'forma' is not bad, but not good either. For Exilus Adapter Bp, just don't want to open the case... 

All other things are great! Specially the deluxe skin for Ash and nikana! Awesomeness on max!
Thanks!

1 hour ago, BadxHero said:

Good job, DE. Thanks for the good work.
I would like to say that I like the changes that you've made for the sorties. It's really nice that we actually have a better chance at getting the stuff we want. But holy crap, can you just take off Endo from the reward tables period? We don't need 2k endo, at all! What with the amount of endo we can get from just doing normal missions, I think that it's fine that we don't have them in sorties. [Me saying this DOES NOT mean that you should remove endo from the normal missions or even nerf them, oh no no.] But I believe that if you wanted to have players worry about Endo, couldn't you just put them alerts or in the void? No one goes to the void anymore. So, it would be a good idea to give people a REASON to fight void enemies that aren't in fissure missions. So please, just remove endo from sortie drop tables. It's not worth being a common drop in a SORTIE. Which is essentially just hard mode for certain mission types. 

In addition to this, I appreciate that you guys have decided to fix Ash. But can you PLEASE fix Max? This warframe is weak as crap because so many people whined about Mag having an advantage over the corpus. Which, in my opinion, is just plain misguided thinking given that Mag is literally the BANE of the corpus. Or at least, she's supposed to be. But now? She's just a warframe that you'd show off to your friends just to show that you have them. In essence, she's nothing more than a collector's item, especially in her Primed Variant. So PLEEEASE fix her. We need Mag to get fixed, regardless of how short of a time it's been since her rework. 

M8. Mag is still one of the strongest frames. She just doesn't nuke. But she takes off the shields off of enemies, makes them defenceless, like toddlers. I one-shot Juggernaut on sortie, because I took off his armor with my Mag Prime.
People cry about her, because they don't want to get used to her changes, but she's still good.

3 hours ago, MokutoBunshi said:

"

• Fixed Smeeta's Charm ‘Doubled Pickups and Affinity’ buff not working as intended and doubling a number of things that were unintended. It now properly doubles pickups: Resource, Health, Energy, Affinity, Credit and Ammo (previously it would).

"

What?

]\'[

Smeeta's Charm would work on Ayatan Stars and Syndicate Medals.  It was not uncommon to see people run Smeetas in Syndicate missions, especially the Grineer Interception that has the medals, and waiting for Charm to proc to collect all the medals.  I know I've gotten at least 22 extra 5,000 rep medals from that.  However, I wasn't aware until now that it was a "bug"

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SickSara said:

M8. Mag is still one of the strongest frames. She just doesn't nuke. But she takes off the shields off of enemies, makes them defenceless, like toddlers. I one-shot Juggernaut on sortie, because I took off his armor with my Mag Prime.
People cry about her, because they don't want to get used to her changes, but she's still good.

I have to agree.  I never played Mag before her rework, but when I do, I'm usually in the top as far as kills and damage done goes.

• Upvote 1

I really like Ash rework... Now you need a lil more skills to play him which is nice ^^ Thanks DE for the rework, i really love it <3

17 minutes ago, SickSara said:

Mag is still one of the strongest frames.

No. Case in point, a Primed caster frame shouldn't have the same amount of energy as normal Excal.

Pull is basically the same as it always was.

Polarize isn't going to scale at all (seriously, 400 armour removed when Bombards spawn with 500 at level 1?). Seriously, by level 50, Bombards have 2768 armour. By level 80, they have 5733. She will never be able to strip armour where it really matters. Meanwhile, Frost's 4 can strip 100% of armour in a single cast while also freezing mobs in place.

Magnetize is basically the only thing halfway decent. The blast is pointless since I can do the same thing better with Nova's Drop.

Crush is only going to get you killed.

But she takes off the shields off of enemies

Or you can just, I don't know, use toxic to bypass shields entirely? Or maybe something like the Atterax to inflict massive bleeds... which also bypass shields... and armour...

I one-shot Juggernaut on sortie, because I took off his armor with my Mag Prime.

All it takes is one good shot to his weak spot with a half decent weapon, amour or not.

Her "changes" involved basically swapping her 2 and 3 and making her new 2 the only good thing about her.

Edited by TheTundraTerror
  • Upvote 1

I'ma hold off on my own Ash rework review, but it seems that a lot of the problems I'm hearing about seem to be "oh, I die now, because I have to actively use the power".  

12 minutes ago, LightBriite said:

"what happened to the TOKEN system? What happen to sorties being end game content? What happened to actually putting stuff in that'll make it actually feel like your effort is being rewarded?"

What happened m8 was the same thing that happened to the year of quality,It didn't happen:)

• Upvote 3

Okay, just went to a Kuva mission, on Ceres, Ker to be precise. Found no Kuva siphon.

Went back to the star chart to see that the mission is completed and cannot be done again.

I really hope that was a bug.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zrima said:

Okay, just went to a Kuva mission, on Ceres, Ker to be precise. Found no Kuva siphon.

Went back to the star chart to see that the mission is completed and cannot be done again.

Did you go in Public?  It's possible that you spawned into an instance where the group had already completed the siphon...

2 minutes ago, Zrima said:

Seriouisly though WHY cap it? Before i could get 1 extract off every ~10 minutes(3 no kuva 1.5 minute runs as Volt, 1 5 minute kuva extract run) as much as i want, now i have to do other things that often take longer, AND need a party instead of being easily solo'd, AND have a cooldown/limited spawn count. Nobody asked for this change, kuva farming was fine as it was.

Edited by A_Midget_Walrus

3 minutes ago, CorrinAvatan said:

Did you go in Public?  It's possible that you spawned into an instance where the group had already completed the siphon...

I did go in public, but I did the mission from the start, and everyone was annoyed by the situation.

One of them also said that with the new system it was still 30% chance to have a Kuva siphon on a Kuva mission.

I don't believe that, I really hope that's not the case.

Edited by Zrima

32 minutes ago, Necromateur said:

To QQ NinjaMann - I guess you're glad that you might now be able to get the most kills at the reward screen, as if that's why people grind out the same missions day-in and day-out? You're welcome to Conclave if you wish to compete. 

As for the changes: I can't believe you've nerfed Ash into the dirt. Now, each Blade Storm - if one is even able to use it - would take 270 energy to do the same exact thing it did before, and if one is stealthed, would still take 180 to do the same. Are you kidding me right now? 

His ultimate is insanely useless now. Completely and utterly useless, which makes him useless given his stealth is crap, and his health/shield is merely "ok." What you guys have done here is listen to a bunch of QQ people who get mad when they aren't on the top at the end of the map. 

What you have done here - while claiming to be pro-participation - is cater to people who run off on their own in a survival map, refuse to bother reviving other players while standing right next to them, and just do 'whatever' they can to steal kills or just try and solo and multiplayer mission. 

So you claim you want participation yet you have CLEARLY disregarded those that play as a team. Those who play as a team need Ash for his crowd-control and highly utilitarian ulti, which is perfect in all but the most intense Corpus areas. 

And if you look back through this thread you'll see that posts complaining of the nerf have far more "likes" than those praising the nerf. So I'm not sure which community you're listening to but it isn't the vast majority that I run into on a daily basis. 

And adding "forma" to sorties. . . . . umm. . . what?? Something that can only be done once a day, is very difficult (well, compared to other things), and is completed only to receive Riven mods and you think it's fine to add Forma? Something we can run 1 survival mission and walk away with 3/4. . . . 

The Nitain Extract needs to be something constructable that uses up all these resources I have stockpiled that I'm never going to use. How about doing that? Make it extremely resource intensive and a drop in the way Forma is dropping today. . . . 

But come on guys. This is just absurd. 

Yes I agree about ASH how can I save my team mate, if is around him 20+ enemies in Sortie 3 lvl 100?! Now before I mark them he will die for sure and me to!!

I heals 500+K players and revive 5+K players. Now ASH is out of team frame. In sorties ASH was awesome really awesome first I use 4 to kill all enemies I could then I press 2 for smoke and revive him it was perfect. Why ASH because is fast killer and enemies are killed immediately.

I really don´t care for non team players. I revive a lot of player and I die to revive him and this was uf a lot and a lots of times. Sometimes I die for revive him but he didn`t revive me :) A lot of times, if I use ASH or Ember etc. I don`t use any powers so others have fun to.

Interception:

Here was ASH OP as team player really. I was on A other player was on B when I see that his Shield/Health is almost 0 I just use power 4 and help him and then I was teleported back on my tower. So yes what they did with ASH is sad now ASH is not team player any more. Is not Warframe as co-op game because what I see here warframe is not co-op anymore. Why I play Warframe thats why because is co-op game1

Energy usage is insane really insane eff below 160 don`t even try.