Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, blueThunder24 said:

She doesn't needs nerf but change of mechanics of her ultimate - currently when Ember appears in low-mid level she just runs around with 4 active killing all enemies, so other players may as well just sit in place and wait until mission end. Like Ash Blade Storm which in change was spammed giving similar effect.

It would be better if WoF was stunning enemies and inflicting damage based on the percentage of enemy health - so it would be more a CC ability and would scale better on high level enemies.

I'll assume your new and thats why your saying this nonsense.

But let me give you the benefit of some experience. The one and only thing Ember can still do at all is either buff teammates (pointless if you solo queue but decent in a premade squad) or if you aren't playing with a premade group and your joining groups solo, the one and only thing shes useful at doing is pressing 4 to zip past the low level content she still happens to work in, she cant do any missions over level 50 because she doesn't bring the damage to actually kill anything anymore since shes been nerfed into the floor several times already by DE. You can bring her to level 50+ missions but your primary secondary and melee weapons are doing all the work. I can see why newer players who aren't doing high level missions she probably feels pretty strong, but to the jaded older playerbase that does level 60+ content, she is practically useless outside of completing alerts and syndicate missions on level 10-40 planets. Something pretty much every frame is capable of doing, but with Ember it just doesn't take as long to grind all those dailies out.

Please tweak Bladestorm to allow us to enter Mark Mode while meleeing and pretty much whenever we want to. It would be much more fluid and easier to use if I didn't have to completely stop my melee combos to start Marking. Sometimes I end up hitting the button too soon at the end of my swing animation and end up looking around for red enemies trying to figure out if it actually activated or not in the midst of chaos.

Well here we go again with nerfs...
DE put "New Sortie Rewards":
Warframe0812.jpg

- Focus Lens. If DE put "- Greater Focus Lens" why the option to get just a lens? Is obviously a waste of time.
- 3 x Nitain Extract. Really? Are you serious? Players have 4 change to get more than enough Nitain Extract from alerts (4 alerts daily) (1 each 6 horus approximately) or a chance to obtain them from Void Sabotage missions when finding all caches.
Warframe0813.jpg

- Forma. Really? Come on DE... We obtain Forma BP from Void Fissures pretty often to put them in Sorties now. This is a huge waste of time for players looking to get a decent reward, to obtain a "Forma".

23 minutes ago, Zrima said:

I did go in public, but I did the mission from the start, and everyone was annoyed by the situation.

One of them also said that with the new system it was still 30% chance to have a Kuva siphon on a Kuva mission.

I don't believe that, I really hope that's not the case.

I've gotten it every time I've gone into one.

Yes ASH it trash now we fail sorties now because is not killer frame any more. It was very good team frame but rip ASH. It was 40 enemies before I mark a few and they not even die they still shooting us and sure enemies killed us.

Is not point playing as ASH maybe for lvl up to 30, but in sorties ASH is even worse then Excal :D Good Job DE  now nerf all other frame and made missions lvl up to 30....

EDIT:

Sortie 2 enemies lvl 60 - blade storm 3000 damage and he can kill one f*** enemy what is this frame? I think I will play with Excal now is better then ASH all the way!!

Edited by Bostyan

Most of these changes are awesome, thanks!

I still disagree with Nitain as Sortie reward. Maybe it would be nice if the sortie rewards could be selected by a token system, but while RNG is the rule, most of us don't want that and you already got a lot of feedback about it, please consider it.

Umm, is this really the kind of revisit you guys want to be final? I see nothing of significance that has been changed to make the bladestorm any more intersting or less buggy.

Same old boring, glitchy and annoying camera lock when using the ability... practically nothing has changed other than the need to now float your croshair any enemy you want the ability to affect. Rather dissapointing really.

Bladestorm is now even more annoying than it was before.

Edited by StarScribe

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Smoke Screen Changes:

• Smoke Screen can now be cast while running (no lower body movement lock).
  • Smoke Screen can now be cast while in-air! 

did you fix ash's smoke screen augment not being affected by power range? it kinda defeats the purpose of having a group utility if it's hard capped at default melee range.

Edited by Fullmetal_Underpants

26 minutes ago, A_Midget_Walrus said:

Seriouisly though WHY cap it? Before i could get 1 extract off every ~10 minutes(3 no kuva 1.5 minute runs as Volt, 1 5 minute kuva extract run) as much as i want, now i have to do other things that often take longer, AND need a party instead of being easily solo'd, AND have a cooldown/limited spawn count. Nobody asked for this change, kuva farming was fine as it was.

Um, did you read the Kuva feedback thread.  Nearly EVERYONE was griping about how mind-numbing farming for kuva was, and running multiple missions without getting any.  This solution was suggested multiple times: limited, but GUARANTEED sources of kuva.

Yes, the missions might take slightly longer, but you're GUARANTEED kuva each run.  So instead of doing three missions without a kuva, and then getting one on the fourth, you're averaging out MUCH better, especially on the Capture, Rescue, Hive, Eterms.

I'm unaware of "needing" a party, as I just did it in a party as well (not sure why you're saying you need a party)

As for the "limited spawn,"  I just made 8,000+ kuva in 8 missions, something I could never do in the previous version, even if I sat and did it for two hours straight.  I'd rather have the ability to do "fits and bursts" of kuva, when it's available to me, rather than wondering if maybe, on THIS run, I'll get some.  

So many good additions and fixes, I don't know where to start from...

Loving the Zarr addition and pretty much everything else xD

Edit: Ash's rework feels very very very good.

Blade Storm's Marking mechanic is very well made, easy to use because it can mark multiple enemies with so much ease and feels totally natural. It's missing is some kind of notification about "When it is active and when it is not" beside the sound and the color/effect around Ash of course. A cool looking ninja icon in the reticle would do perfectly. Oh! And make it so it tells you the amount of enemies or marks you have just for fun :D.

Smoke Screen is really good now, it doesn't feel like a waste of time anymore (Loki Gotta Learn) xD.

Ash definitely is in a better position now with these changes, to me he feels more enjoyable and a lot... a lot! Like from 0 to 100% more playable.

Great Job!

Oh! And The Koga skin and the Ryu skin for the Nikana are awesome, Raymond did a Great job with the pencil to make it so they made it into the game xD.

Edited by 0meg4x
Ash feedback

31 minutes ago, Bostyan said:

Yes ASH it trash now we fail sorties now because is not killer frame any more. It was very good team frame but rip ASH. It was 40 enemies before I mark a few and they not even die they still shooting us and sure enemies killed us.

Is not point playing as ASH maybe for lvl up to 30, but in sorties ASH is even worse then Excal :D Good Job DE  now nerf all other frame and made missions lvl up to 30....

EDIT:

Sortie 2 enemies lvl 60 - blade storm 3000 damage and he can kill one f*** enemy what is this frame? I think I will play with Excal now is better then ASH all the way!!

oMJ28xM_700wa_0.gif
I just did sortie with my friend. Just the 2 of us. I took Ash just to test him out, because I never played him besides ranking him up. I killed everything with one hit. Sorry, buy your melee was bad you your build is sh*t.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Kohm appearing to fire inhumanly fast when viewed as the Host.

hahaha, this was amazing. But this still happens with alot of other weapons. I've seen this happen to braton, boltor, kohm, tigaris, and alot  of other weapons. Not sure why though.

12 minutes ago, StarScribe said:

Umm, is this really the kind of revisit you guys want to be final? I see nothing of significance that has been changed to make the bladestorm any more intersting or less buggy.

Same old boring, glitchy and annoying camera lock when using the ability... practically nothing has changed other than the need to now float your croshair any enemy you want the ability to affect. Rather dissapointing really.

Bladestorm is now even more annoying than it was before.

Yes true not only that my ASH have Blade Storm 3000 damage and he can´t kill one enemy in sortie 2 lvl 60 is sad really sad. Where can I use ASH now in mission lvl 20? 3000 damage in sorties he is worse then Excal why would anyone even play as ASH don`t see any reason. Power usage is even more then before, if you ask me why would anyone even play as ASH now. Excal is a lot better frame now than ASH first he use Radial Blind and he stop enemies then use almost non power usage on Slash Dash.

ASH never was good with damage resistance and this was main reason why Blade Storm was useful for him and for co-op.

Smoke Screen was good for revives so yes he was very good team player. The only problem was duration up to 10 sec with Primed Continuity. When I was revive players at 80% Smoke Screen end. But at least he had Blade Storm which was very useful for helping other players Sorties, Interception for helping player on other tower it was very good for co-op.

Now Blade Storm can´t kill anything before I mark enemies I almost die or my team mate. So ASH can be removed as team player. Now is only useful for low lvl missions and for solo thats all.

Sure they are other frames but ASH was good as team player on high lvl missions. With ASH I revive a lot and a lot of players first I use Blade Storm if was to many enemies around team mate and then I use Smoke Screen for revive it was perfect. Now before I mark enemies my team mate will die and I with him :D

Sortie reward suggestion: Redeemable resource coupon that can be used to get, say, 2000 Oxium or 50 argon crystals, x amount of credits, endo or some such, depending on resource rarity and player choice. This could also be used for Niatin Extracts too.

Ash Rework

Well so far so good. It's a bit complicated to adapt to the mecanics but it's alright. I like the targetting system for the ult, it makes his ult much funnier, though I do have to say it's still kinda buggy, specially when there is lag from the host, it just does weird stuff. It's a heavy nerf though, that's for sure, not only in terms of reach but also in terms of energy. Even with maximum efficiency I just feel I can't kill the hordes of enemies I used to with a simple button press. That's fine, since Ash does look more like the kind to be slaughtering an enemy by a time, but still I figured out I could point that out, since with 25 energy I used to be able to delete like 12 enemies or more, now I kinda struggle with like 7. I like the fact you no longer get stuck in the ult endlessly, but still the nerf is huge. I do like the modification to his Smoke Screen though, it was so annoying getting the warning that you couldn't cast it on air, when it was just such a cool thing to do, now you can seriously use that ability to fight smoothly which I appreciate.

The one mayor concern I have, though, it's how hard it's to figure out how much Blade Storm is going to cost each cast. Before it was a fixed number and while it's neat that the energy cost depends on a per mark basis (and I also like that it decreases the energy from the pool as you are marking the targets), it's really hard to get that feeling of how much energy you are actually using, and well it's important for such Warframe to be mindful of energy. I am just like, well looking first at how much energy I have before the cast and then how much I have afterwards and have to like make a quick math calc to figure out in middle of all the shooting, so it's not so great. I would love if it could have some indicator of how much energy is about to be used, to be kind of mindful. Let's face it, most of us just drag our mouse all over the screen, so while the quickly depleting energy pool looks nice, I would prefer a more clear indicator of how much energy I am about to use, considering you do get energy back when your allies kill, which only makes it more confusing

Other Changes

Overall, I like most of the changes, specially for the Kuva Siphon. It was starting to get annoying having them spawning in middle of a Mobile Defense Sortie, since it's like a mayor waste of time trying to do the Siphon when one just wants to complete the Sortie. I like them having their own mission, it makes it much better, plus it avoids people from getting the spoilers of seeing the process in action. I like those minor fixes, they are really cool.