Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

Bladestorm DPS now significantly lower with crazy energy consumption. And it is no longer a level cleaning ability nor panic button.

Another words: Ash has no 4th ability now. We can throw all strength mods and use some syndicates mods, fully relying on smokescreen and teleport finisher. And Synoid Simulor.

Thanks for smoke screen buff though.

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Destroyed Update

First : Thx for nothing DE, i am not one of those who obey the ground you walk. For me Ash was good as he was, especially in high lv tiers and after the change with the passives. And no i was not one of those who only pressed four. I loved also the fatal teleport. Also again thx for the wasted Forma's.

Second : Who are those "people" that you talk about. I know that Ash is now one of those Frames for beginners and for low lv enemys.

Third: If you didn't notice. More and more of the old players leave warframe (2 old clans you know DE are more or less dead) cause of your so good changes and ignoring the old fanbase and listening to people that only could think about the Ash has only one button to press.

Try Ash in Sortie DE (Megan,Rebecca). i wonna see you stay alive in an live stream :-P without nrg and + DO NOT USE GODMODE  :-P

But THX for the Skin. Looks really good, not like Nova's i dont know what skin ^^

LF an Group for an Mercury Surv run... Ash only ^^

R.I.P.  Ashy Slashy

Edited by NaturalBornStoned

8 hours ago, Khlamydia said:

I'll assume your new and thats why your saying this nonsense.

But let me give you the benefit of some experience. The one and only thing Ember can still do at all is either buff teammates (pointless if you solo queue but decent in a premade squad) or if you aren't playing with a premade group and your joining groups solo, the one and only thing shes useful at doing is pressing 4 to zip past the low level content she still happens to work in, she cant do any missions over level 50 because she doesn't bring the damage to actually kill anything anymore since shes been nerfed into the floor several times already by DE. You can bring her to level 50+ missions but your primary secondary and melee weapons are doing all the work. I can see why newer players who aren't doing high level missions she probably feels pretty strong, but to the jaded older playerbase that does level 60+ content, she is practically useless outside of completing alerts and syndicate missions on level 10-40 planets. Something pretty much every frame is capable of doing, but with Ember it just doesn't take as long to grind all those dailies out.

No, I do sortie missions almost every day, I tested a lot of guns and have almost every frame - only 2 left to fill my collection. I finished every story mission and unlocked all planets.

I'm not a veteran but I'm neither a beginner.

Just sharing my experience - almost all Embers I see limits their actions to just press 4 and run around and this is bad. This shows that she needs a serious rework - I don't want to nerf her, I wish to bring my ember to high level missions but she is not viable there, and she is too boring for low level stuff. Her 4 needs change in mechanics (there is many ways to change it from click to win to a bit different but a powerfull tool) and other abilities some buff at least.

But this is a discussion for other appropriate topic, not here.

Ash rework has me a little frustrated...

I think a better way to fix Ash would be to change his blade storm targeting mechanic... It should affect targets around Ash directly and shouldnt make him invulnerable.  He has all the tools to make it work already, stealth and a teleport.  He shouldn't feel like he's a ranged caster, more like an assasin who can blink in and out of combat.  A change like this would bring value to his other abilities while still making the player feel the power of his ultimate.  Its balance would be in a high risk high reward play style.  The current changes to Ash are likely going to force me to retire him, it wasn't fun to play him before but now it seems like his mechanics are too much of a hastle.  

I have thought of these changes repeatedly since I started playing warframe.  Please consider.  

Edited by Ganthas

21 minutes ago, BlueEagel777 said:

Why is everyone always complaining? Nobody even says thank you for the Jordas Virdict fixes that was being complained about for months?

Because almost nobody bothered about raids. Majority of players do not go there becouse of party gathering problems and meta crap gameplay.

Ok, now Ash may obey to combo with my cloak arrow,

or to install both NarrowMinded and OverExtended, and may combine BlindRage with FleetingExp

to maintain Duration, Range, Strength, and some Efficiency if on Solo.

Once I thought if I could rely on Shadow Step of Naramon, using melee to get crit first, then Blade Storm-ing,

I wondered if Blade Storm could also crit like Exalted Blade.

On the other hand, Marked enemies which leave the range of Blade Storm will automatically remove the mark on them(also have energy refunded),

feeling not cool enough as long as this mechanism exists. Blade Storm is like symbol of Mark-as-Dead!

So I wish that the marked enemies are not restricted to power range.

Edited by Xyaox

Just when I needed it most, I found out that I no longer had a crowd control ability. So, my Ash got put in a sling, but I still managed to finish the mission, before I drug my sorry Ash back to the orbiter.

Time to find a new favorite frame, I guess. As much fun as Ash is to play, I need a frame that can deal with the crowds of enemies, I seem to to have a knack for getting myself surrounded by.

So long, Ash. It was nice to know ya.:sadcry:

Smoke screen buff is amazing but blade storm is total garbage because of jumping animation and the dependence of the radius. In my opinion better remove or at least make the same range scaling as the teleport has and also remove this jump animation. Let the clones do all work. Right now its taking too long to mark enemies and then watching that jump animation and die after her recovery part.

I feel it must be like: 

1. press 4 mark the enemies 

2. press 4 again and do a little animation with his hands like Naruto clone jutsu

3. clones start murdering all around you (you can move shoot and etc while clones doing their job)

4. you can press 4 again only when all marked targets are dead or all marks consumed

Thanks a bunch DE for trying to balance out Ash, as it was a bit irritating to not be able to get kills.

However, you did kinda F*** him so hard, there's no point in using him outside of solo. Im sure pretty much any good player will agree: If the Ash on our team is playing fair and killing large groups we couldn't handle otherwise, we don't care about him killing everything. People complaing are the people who get an Ash spammer in a pub lobby and whine about it. It's a good concept for a rework, but you did just remove him from all meta's ingame.

So, now that THE DPS frame is now useless beyond solo, Mesa's will pop up everywhere. And then she'll get nerfed. And then the next DPS frame.....

IMO,

1- getting Endo as sortie reward is not totally worth it. Why? bcoz most of sortie player are high MR player, they can easily farm at Hieracon or Cholistan or selling extra mods. Plus, they can get more than 4000 endo per day. Forma too. Nobody want forma from sortie (new or mid player maybe, but we all know they rarely play sortie).

To make it short, nobody want rewards that they can get easily from other places,

i.e:

1-forma sortie - forma relic

2-endo sortie - endo excavation/ sell tons of useless mods

2- Sortie should be reworked again with its S#&$ty RNG. for 3 days i got 2k endo. Straight. Really? Never got rare items from sortie like potato or exilus. rarely got lens.

Suggestion= if day 1 a player get endo, the 2nd day he do it, he will not receive the same reward (in this case endo), then the 3rd day he get the reward [may or may not receive endo -_- (but i hope DE remove endo)] , but will not receive the same reward as the 2nd day. and so on.

3- yes, Ash sucks now, big time. Ninjas dont go around, count enemies, marks and kills. They just "see enemies"=kill.

P/S: i know my grammar and english sucks. sorry.  & once again, just my opinion.

Excellent Ash skin, much appreciated tweak to the Stradavar and Zarr functionality. 

There, I said positive things, so don't think I didn't recognize all the good :p With that said, a couple thoughts.

1. Scared of drop in sortie+ viability for Blade Storm. It's mostly adequate for star chart material, but its usefulness in torrential sorties and the like has been severely compromised. I got a decent amount of practice in making constant use of Blade Storm, but something's lacking. Shorten the kill-cam time to have all the damage dealt more immediately, because if we take 5+ seconds to mark multiple enemies and 7+ seconds actually executing the move, that's 12+ seconds for new enemies to keep pouring into the map to more than replace the ones you took out with this version of Blade Storm. You don't really make any dent in the scene. Perhaps condense the killcam/move execution to a max of like... 3 seconds? 

2. What happened to buffing Blade Storm's damage to make up for this... 'revision'? 

3. Really would not enjoy a sortie giving forma or nitains. Those are things we can already easily get plenty of... Don't think they fall under the "worth it" category for what's supposed to be more-demanding-than-standard content. 

4. What happened to skipping the first mission intro scene skipping both of them?

2 hours ago, -Cross-x- said:

One of the best deluxe skins plat could buy :) and as for the re-work yet another good changer. He is a not a lazy players warframe no more he is now a LEGIT ninja frame!!

You know they actually nerfed the daylights out of him. Bladestorm is useless now. Even with high eff. that cost is WAY too high. Plus, he went from being the DPS/carry frame, to now being the frame that gets laughed at almost as much as Limbo. Like seriously, there is NO reason to use B-storm anymore. 

The skin is damn nice tho, I'll give you that. But it's really sad, that a few whining children complain about Ash, and now the BEST DPS high level frame is useless beyond solo. Even then, he isn't worth much.

"Bladestorm spammers are such C***s. They have no skill. SO happy Ash got nerfed!!"

*Goes and spams EV trin/ Desecrate Nekros/ Pilfering Hydroid/ Radial Disarm Loki/ Wof Ember/ Peacemaker Mesa/ Hysteria Valkyr/ Iron skin Rhino/ Exalted Blade Excal*

Yes, us Ash players are the guilty ones. Totally. We are the ones that only ever press one button....

Edited by HitmanSeth

1 minute ago, HitmanSeth said:

"Bladestorm spammers are such C***s. They have no skill. SO happy Ash got nerfed!!"

*Goes and spams EV trin/ Desecrate Nekros/ Pilfering Hydroid/ Radial Disarm Loki/ Wof Ember/ Peacemaker Mesa/ Hysteria Valkyr/ Iron skin Rhino/ Exalted Blade Excal*

Yes, us Ash players are the guilty ones. Totally. We are the ones that only ever press one button....

Don't get me wrong, I love all the frames I mentioned there (except the hentai-frame), but lets be legit here: they are EXCLUSIVELY used for one ability.

38 minutes ago, HitmanSeth said:

EV trin/ Desecrate Nekros/Radial Disarm Loki/ Wof Ember/ Peacemaker Mesa/ Hysteria Valkyr/ Iron skin Rhino/ Exalted Blade Excal*

THEY ARE USEFUL TO OTHER PPL DURING MISSION OR SIMPLY NOT ANNOYING OTHERS.

Pilfering Hydroid

THIS ONE'S NOT, HE'S ANNOYING.

Edited by THeMooN85

5 hours ago, JMP3 said:

1) Ash nerf is appreciated. Hopefully I'll see less of them now that they have to actually play the game with Bladestorm. 

2) New Ash skin is beautiful 

3) Riven mods were "common"? Really? Fairly certain I got 2k endo in every sortie I did post-TWW and I've only a few between TWW launch and this update 

1 No he's not, he's absolute crap and kill one of the last much needed nuker frame in game

2 No he's not either, it's palatine skin who is reused.

3 And well yes, I only get Riven mods since TWW. And still hope to one day grab a legendary core =(

2 hours ago, BlueEagel777 said:

Why is everyone always complaining? Nobody even says thank you for the Jordas Virdict fixes that was being complained about for months?

Because almost nobody care of Archwing maybe ? Or raids ?

Still, I do enjoy flying in space for fun, we really need more content for that, but I admit to have no idea for unfortunately