Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

On 11/25/2016 at 1:11 PM, Krylia_Viru said:

While a fully built forma is nice and all, adding more drops to the table is more dilution, reducing chances of riven mods.

I've only got 1 riven mods from the sorties and I've been doin' sorties ever since the war within came out, then I get on to find out about this update adding more to the drop table... and well... I'm never gettin' anymore riven mods am i? :(

34 minutes ago, TheAnti-DemonPanda said:

I've only got 1 riven mods from the sorties and I've been doin' sorties ever since the war within came out, then I get on to find out about this update adding more to the drop table... and well... I'm never gettin' anymore riven mods am i? :(

I feel your pain,think i'v got 3 or 4 with the first one being for laser rifle and the last for the paracyst it's no more sorties for me.

I nearly uninstalled over the vacuum nerf and would have,i'v got 35 days on my boost and for the first time i won't be getting prime access,think that's it for me then.

As a vet player i'm tired of being marginalized,starting to feel like a dog that shows loyalty even though he's constantly mistreated

2 hours ago, AngelicRevenge said:

Well forma is just stupid. -. Would have been good if its like 3 prebuilt forma but a forma bp is just stupid -.-

omg,i did think at the very least it was a built one,do you know for sure it's a bp because that is outrageous?

Please please please take out that targeting mode, it's bad to the abysmal level, not only that we now need to point around to mark enemy the dmg output also been greatly reduced!!! Normally my ash can kill lv.100+ Grineer eximus with ease now we can't even kill lv.70 grineer exinmus. And not mention that you can't be the wave clearer any longer since marking system is slow and ineffective at all. In high level grineer map you will die before you actually Blade Storm!

If people want change, please make it better one not the bad one like this one! Anyway since people crave for change so I would like to suggest a thing or two. First targeting mode we can change it to something like Apple Of Eden targeting mode i.e. once circle target expand at rapid rate like 10m per sec up to max range of that frame ability. Also the targeting Arch should be half circular so that it look legit (marked the enemy on your back without the need to be seen is kinda weird).

Next please restore ash Blade storm output back to normal.

Lastly NItain for Sortie? Are you nut? normally nitain alert is provide enough nitain for people who are keen enough. And we also didn't want other stuff on the drop table like exilus or tato.

On 11/26/2016 at 3:51 AM, [DE]Megan said:

I just received 2k endo as sortie reward for raptor sortie... I am not sure if you know how difficult it is to take down level 100 raptors?... the reward is not very encouraging.

The percentage of most players getting 2k endo is 70%, riven mod 25%... 5% is others....

Could you inform the related personnel that letting allies able to kill enemies that are amidst being bladestorm is the thing players wanted.

Edited by kyori

On 25.11.2016 at 10:51 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 

never belive you again De,not a single mod from sorties from war within starts,over 2 weeks of 2k endo,and now they add even more rewards,this is so fun.

17 hours ago, chuckdm said:

Meanwhile, Banshee DESPERATELY needs a COMPLETE rework

Banshee doesn't need a rework.  She's perfect the way she is.  Learn to use her and you'll be able to dominate with her, just like [most] everything else in this game.  Just because you think she's lacking doesn't mean she is.  She is an amazing frame.  She is an incredibly rewarding frame, I love seeing those resonances pop from across the map using a bow.

How much have you actually played banshee?  Compared to all of the other frames that i have, which is all but valkyr prime, she has a minimum of 6% play usage over the others, and Excalibur is the second most and he's the lone wolf that skews that percentage only because he was my starter frame.  Where you have basically just leveled her and not used her past that, (yes I looked at your stats).  And based on your stats with her there is no way you can say that you've really played her or are fully capable at using her. I don't fault you for this, not every thing in life is going to be for everyone so, just because something doesn't fit your play style doesn't mean it needs a rework.  If you don't like it, don't use it.

Ash was deserving of a rework, or "nerf" as everyone is so fond of calling it.  They want you to actually play the game, to enjoy the game.  They've been getting rid of the kill everything buttons in the game if you hadn't noticed.  It's counterproductive to actually having a good game.  Not to mention it is annoying to put an arrow through an enemies head across the map on a sonar spot but have it do no damage because an ash decided to use bladestorm.  It gets to a point where it feels pointless to even try because why try when there's a 50/50 chance that any effort I put forth will be completely useless because that dude over there doesn't know how to do anything but press 4.  While that player may actually be good, at the time and place of that event there was no evidence of it.  So not only was bladestorm op as hell, which isn't completely bad, but it also had the potential to ruin the gameplay of others.  Might as well meditate while the ash kills everything.  The problem wasn't with the ability it was with how it was used, spammed into oblivion.  Sure if you were going to set up a team specifically for that, its no problem, but when you bring that into random everyday gameplay that's where it has the potential to completely ruin the game for some.  That is indeed deserving of a change.

People can be salty about the rework to ash's 4th ability or they can actually play the game and learn to use it.  Personally I like it, it is more fitting considering he is the ninja of the space ninjas.  Anyone who says differently really doesn't understand ninjas.  Do you honestly think they'd just run in and try and go on a rampage without any fore thought?  No, they planned everything, left as little to chance as possible.  That's why they were effective, that's why they were feared, that's why they were immortalized.  This brings to light that aspect of the actual ninja.  This change honors them in a way that most of the player base wont even realize.  Ninjas were warriors, and sure they could be deadly in an upfront fight that spurred out of no where, but where they earned their place in history was because of their planning and precision.  Try fighting a war and just run blindly into battle, sure you might win a few fights, but ultimately you will lose.  So everyone needs to cool their jets, brush the salt off and play the game.  If you like a frame figure out the best way to use it for you, don't follow the "meta," just because it's meta.  If the "meta" fits you that's fine, but make the game your own and I guarantee you'll find it more entertaining and more rewarding.  (well maybe not rewarding in a material sense, the rng in this game definitely leaves something to be desired)

-Peace

P.S.  Do remember that you can do other things while marking your targets.  You don't have to just sit there and mark them all.

P.P.S. Also remember that if you want full use of most warframes kits, don't completely dump a stat.  The duration on ash's invis is fine, it shouldn't be as effective as loki's.  That is one of the staple points of loki, he's built on deception and misdirection.  While Ivara's is better than loki's she is the stealth/espionage frame, so it fits.

Edited by Phalanx21860
Added P.S.

Sortie Rewards

Get rid of nitain. If sortie is end-game content then why have a resource as an end-game reward. I have plenty of nitain from doing the alerts.

Reasons why most recently active players have less than 9 nitain:

1) Newer players tend to have less nitain. (I'm assuming more newer players are active now, but I don't know, have to get DE to give the stats)

2) Once a player attains all the content that requires nitain, why bother doing anymore nitain alerts? (Unless you are like me and save up nitain so when new content requires it, already have it) :devil:

3) Some players don't have all the nodes unlocked to access nitain alerts freely

Forma is welcome, but would much rather have Forma Bundle. at least it's fully-made.. (I'm looking at you Exilus Adaptor Blueprint) :angry:

The 2k endo is just meh.. especially when a full gemmed Ayatan Orta Sculpture gives 2.7k endo. Sure it costs credits to extract, but can get more than enough credits from the trials.

Raids

Mm.. Maybe JV raid is playable again.. maybe

There is also a bug since TWW update that forces a player to load into the mission with their most previously used loadout. This is a huge issue as say a player is playing an important role like EV Trinity and then load into the Second Stage of LoR as Volt. Like rip.. no more EV Trin for rest of raid unless you brought energy plates (rip energy pizzas) or a second EV Trinity. (Of all raids I've done never had 2 EV Trinities) 

Smeeta Cat Changes

Sigh.. was cool while it lasted. Felt amazing when RNG Cat proced Double Affinity/Loot right before picking up a Rare Syndicate Medallion. RIP.. welp back to the freezer with you cat.. permanently this time.. until maybe DE implements Vacuum on Cat/Dogs.

Bladestorm Changes

RIP Ash.. was fun while it lasted. Good thing I invested into replacement frames. 

23 minutes ago, Phalanx21860 said:

Snip

then perhaps you can take your own advice and play him? Because while the fact that press 4 to win was a problem, it's not the biggest problem it (as in bladestorm) has, it is the whole cutscene move that takes away your controls for a long time and the fact that it also makes enemies invulnerable to everyone but you, THAT needs reworking, it would've been better if it was changed so that ash sends his shadow clones to do the stabby stabby but instead you run around trying to mark enemies that will most likely die before you finished marking every enemy you want, with higher costs, and still you're locked into that cutscene and your friends can't kill enemies while bladestorm is activated

and again his other skills are pretty lackluster so as a whole he's only good as a bench prime warmer, there are other characters that can do the whole "Space ninja" concept far better than he could at this point

We often heard and experienced a power that doesn't allow for player participation beyond pressing 4 once and waiting. We have been increasingly committed to participatory powers (especially ultimates) and focused on emphasizing that for Blade Storm.

Rip Banshee sound quake.

New Ability is - Banshee creates a Street Vendor Cart - and all the enemies line up to buy Headphones and her latest CD - "Rock me Hard till my head explodes."

1 hour ago, Ferrick said:

then perhaps you can take your own advice and play him? Because while the fact that press 4 to win was a problem, it's not the biggest problem it (as in bladestorm) has, it is the whole cutscene move that takes away your controls for a long time and the fact that it also makes enemies invulnerable to everyone but you, THAT needs reworking, it would've been better if it was changed so that ash sends his shadow clones to do the stabby stabby but instead you run around trying to mark enemies that will most likely die before you finished marking every enemy you want, with higher costs, and still you're locked into that cutscene and your friends can't kill enemies while bladestorm is activated

and again his other skills are pretty lackluster so as a whole he's only good as a bench prime warmer, there are other characters that can do the whole "Space ninja" concept far better than he could at this point

I have played him.  And i'll probably play him here and there like i always have.  I do enjoy him, but I don't always want to play that way.  I don't see the problem with the cinematic camera, personally.  Yeah you can't do anything else, but you don't need to either.  If a life support is needed or some other issue that needs to be addressed that is pertinent to the mission, perhaps you should plan ahead on those situations.  It's not like they're thrown at you randomly.  If a player goes down you do have other team mates that should be able to pick them up, if not the cinematics don't last long enough to prevent you from reviving them anyway.  That's my viewpoint on the camera issue.  And yes the fact that it makes enemies invulnerable to everyone but you was a large portion of the problem, why I agreed that it needed to be reworked. Honestly if it wasn't for that, i could have cared less if it got changed.

1 minute ago, Phalanx21860 said:

I have played him.  And i'll probably play him here and there like i always have.  I do enjoy him, but I don't always want to play that way.  I don't see the problem with the cinematic camera, personally.  Yeah you can't do anything else, but you don't need to either.  If a life support is needed or some other issue that needs to be addressed that is pertinent to the mission, perhaps you should plan ahead on those situations.  It's not like they're thrown at you randomly.  If a player goes down you do have other team mates that should be able to pick them up, if not the cinematics don't last long enough to prevent you from reviving them anyway.  That's my viewpoint on the camera issue.  And yes the fact that it makes enemies invulnerable to everyone but you was a large portion of the problem, why I agreed that it needed to be reworked. Honestly if it wasn't for that, i could have cared less if it got changed.

problem with cinematic camera, aside from the part where it takes too long, ramps up motion blur to maximum, and that you have no control, is that your allies can't do anything to an enemy in  bladestorm state, and "plan ahead" simple enough to say but RNG isn't a constant, things can happen where your life would suddenly whittle down to the red, which is why BS is good as a panic button.

35 minutes ago, Ferrick said:

problem with cinematic camera, aside from the part where it takes too long, ramps up motion blur to maximum, and that you have no control, is that your allies can't do anything to an enemy in  bladestorm state, and "plan ahead" simple enough to say but RNG isn't a constant, things can happen where your life would suddenly whittle down to the red, which is why BS is good as a panic button.

No, rng isn't a constant, but in terms of the combat of the game and the way the missions work and operate, you know what the objective is, you know what types of enemies you will be fighting, you know where they will be coming from.  In terms of combat and mission play there is very little true randomness to it.  If you pay attention you can accurately predict what is going to happen based on where your at and what is going on.  If you have a problem with the motion blur disable it, I've had their motion blur disabled forever.  They may have changed it since i disabled it, but i didn't like how it was, and it's not something i really care to have on their either.  And you still do have a panic button, have some efficiency and just keep your marks going while your running around killing everything.  Let it go every now and then and you'll clear our anything you missed with your sword, shotgun, Tonkor or whatever it is that you choose to use.  The duration of the animation has no issues, realistically speaking.  If you pay attention and play the game you'll have no issues with it, after all you do know about how long it's going to last.

P.S.  You have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people.

Edited by Phalanx21860
Added P.S.

To people saying just don't dump a stat you have to remember that because of the way corrupted mods work you HAVE to dump a stat with most (keyword here is most) frames. Otherwise you just end up with ALL your stats being mediocre at best. Especially with ash who without a ton of power strength can't do his job and ends up being a gentle tickle instead of the murder machine he's meant to be and without efficiency he can't do it often enough unless you ONLY play with team comps with a trinity at all times or wanna chug 20 energy pizzas every mission and stand still around the things as they go off. Even Zenurik doesn't keep up without at least SOME efficiency.

So since I assume you don't want to have to be 100% dependent on trin's or pizzas or just dump bladestorm entirely that leaves range or duration as dumpstats. Now old ash absolutely needed range but I'm not sure how important it is to new bladestorm(Limbo main so I don't play so much ash). But that meant before duration was basically necessary as the dumpstat for ash since smokescreen was his only ability that needed it making it his least valuable stat and thus the one to give up so you can at least do SOMETHING useful. 

However also remember that smokecreen is only bad with low duration if you use it like loki uses his invis(as actual stealth) instead of just as a quick repositioning/escape tool.

It's just something that will always be an unavoidable issue in games where you have to choose between powerups and can't just gain everything with enough work put into the character.

Edit in: Now what WOULD be nice is if he could teleport to a point instead of a target as maybe a hold key option on the ability.

Edited by Sikelh