Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

Dear DE pls do not initiate more rebuilds where the skills to activate cost a huge amount of energy + energy per tick to mantain it. Most of the time it is not even necesarry considering the skills. Why though? And the way this game is setup, it is more a stab in the back from a blood trusted allie than an help in any way.

On 27/11/2559 at 7:43 PM, Phalanx21860 said:

Banshee doesn't need a rework.  She's perfect the way she is.  Learn to use her and you'll be able to dominate with her, just like [most] everything else in this game.  Just because you think she's lacking doesn't mean she is.  She is an amazing frame.  She is an incredibly rewarding frame, I love seeing those resonances pop from across the map using a bow.

How much have you actually played banshee?  Compared to all of the other frames that i have, which is all but valkyr prime, she has a minimum of 6% play usage over the others, and Excalibur is the second most and he's the lone wolf that skews that percentage only because he was my starter frame.  Where you have basically just leveled her and not used her past that, (yes I looked at your stats).  And based on your stats with her there is no way you can say that you've really played her or are fully capable at using her. I don't fault you for this, not every thing in life is going to be for everyone so, just because something doesn't fit your play style doesn't mean it needs a rework.  If you don't like it, don't use it.

Ash was deserving of a rework, or "nerf" as everyone is so fond of calling it.  They want you to actually play the game, to enjoy the game.  They've been getting rid of the kill everything buttons in the game if you hadn't noticed.  It's counterproductive to actually having a good game.  Not to mention it is annoying to put an arrow through an enemies head across the map on a sonar spot but have it do no damage because an ash decided to use bladestorm.  It gets to a point where it feels pointless to even try because why try when there's a 50/50 chance that any effort I put forth will be completely useless because that dude over there doesn't know how to do anything but press 4.  While that player may actually be good, at the time and place of that event there was no evidence of it.  So not only was bladestorm op as hell, which isn't completely bad, but it also had the potential to ruin the gameplay of others.  Might as well meditate while the ash kills everything.  The problem wasn't with the ability it was with how it was used, spammed into oblivion.  Sure if you were going to set up a team specifically for that, its no problem, but when you bring that into random everyday gameplay that's where it has the potential to completely ruin the game for some.  That is indeed deserving of a change.

People can be salty about the rework to ash's 4th ability or they can actually play the game and learn to use it.  Personally I like it, it is more fitting considering he is the ninja of the space ninjas.  Anyone who says differently really doesn't understand ninjas.  Do you honestly think they'd just run in and try and go on a rampage without any fore thought?  No, they planned everything, left as little to chance as possible.  That's why they were effective, that's why they were feared, that's why they were immortalized.  This brings to light that aspect of the actual ninja.  This change honors them in a way that most of the player base wont even realize.  Ninjas were warriors, and sure they could be deadly in an upfront fight that spurred out of no where, but where they earned their place in history was because of their planning and precision.  Try fighting a war and just run blindly into battle, sure you might win a few fights, but ultimately you will lose.  So everyone needs to cool their jets, brush the salt off and play the game.  If you like a frame figure out the best way to use it for you, don't follow the "meta," just because it's meta.  If the "meta" fits you that's fine, but make the game your own and I guarantee you'll find it more entertaining and more rewarding.  (well maybe not rewarding in a material sense, the rng in this game definitely leaves something to be desired)

-Peace

P.S.  Do remember that you can do other things while marking your targets.  You don't have to just sit there and mark them all.

P.P.S. Also remember that if you want full use of most warframes kits, don't completely dump a stat.  The duration on ash's invis is fine, it shouldn't be as effective as loki's.  That is one of the staple points of loki, he's built on deception and misdirection.  While Ivara's is better than loki's she is the stealth/espionage frame, so it fits.

What point in playing ash if you can't be a wave clearer?

3 hours ago, boufy said:

Since the update, I have not seen none Ash do more damage than me, same when I play "support" ...
Ash has gone from assassin to trash!

He is useless in team now

If all Ash was good for before was spamming 4 to have the highest end of mission damage score it could be said that he wasn't very useful in a team already.

Plenty of frames and weapons can deal Massive AoE DeePS and Room Clears already and since Bladestorm stalls out against tough higher level enemies and causes an invulnerability frame on everything it was attacking I'd seen it called out as being a bad team ability before the rework.

So it just doesn't basically auto target 18 mobs for you on a button press... /shrugs/  

Personally I'm enjoying him more now since I'd already moved on from Bladestorm to a more balanced Stealth/Teleport build.

And bonus points that there are less Ash players around spamming B.S. making him look bad. =p

Cheers/
~R~