Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: 19.1.0 Ash Revisited

[DE]Megan

Well i have try Ash now, never been fan of him cuz the way his ultimate work, making enemies invulnerable during animation. If this is fixed i guess i can live with it.

Also LOL, I really laughed a when i read Forma and Nitain as rewards on sorties now. I m kinda needing formas atm but i know i can get them by just running a few relics, in fact i think i can get from 3-8 formas in the same time i take to clear sorties depending the missions. And dont say is a built forma, cuz tbh i prefer 5 BPs to one built.

Nice Skin and changes to the kuva tho. Hope the spawn of the kuva clouds too close to the siphon on uranus is fixed now.

Oh my goodness gracious. You've missed the point with frame reworks before, DE, but I think this is by far the worst job of it you've ever done.

Blade Storm absolutely was overpowered and boring, yes, but you've made it unequivocally much worse, and the fact that the rest of Ash's abilities were equally boring and completely useless has somehow entirely escaped you. Ash wasn't just boring to play because it was press 4 and done, it was because that was literally all he was any good at. The few minor edits you've made to Teleport and Smoke Screen aren't going to make them any more practical to use.

I've never liked Ash, but he is literally just worse Loki now. 

And—let me make sure I'm getting this right—you're actually nerfing one of the two best sources of endo. I had literally no reason to play sorties other than endo before. You've made one of the single grindiest elements of your game that much grindier to... give us a very slightly better chance of getting nitain and formas?

It's like you're trying to get players to leave. Actually... are you? I could sort of understand. I mean, you guys have been focusing on this game for, what, at least four years including pre-release development? You're just trying to sabotage Warframe so you can move on with your lives.

Edited by Aebara

Just quick thought:

- sortie nitain is "bad" (it's non-consumable resource, you only need limited amount, after that it's useless. That's probably reason people don't hunt any more and have less then 10 in inv) 

- 10 kavats is too much (why breeding needs 10 when you get it in one alert, make it one kavat egg then. People don't want scan kavats, as they only are in derelict, I understand. But 5 would be more appropriate for an alternative hunt)

- while I like looking for Ayatan statues in normal missions (although I would like if operator had like focus ability to "see them" when out of warframe), getting those instead of endo.. I don't understand. Statues are endo I need to pay. What would that solve? 

14 minutes ago, blueThunder24 said:

She doesn't needs nerf but change of mechanics of her ultimate - currently when Ember appears in low-mid level she just runs around with 4 active killing all enemies, so other players may as well just sit in place and wait until mission end. Like Ash Blade Storm which in change was spammed giving similar effect.

It would be better if WoF was stunning enemies and inflicting damage based on the percentage of enemy health - so it would be more a CC ability and would scale better on high level enemies.

But why would you be in a low-to-mid level map unless you're pretty new, yourself (in which case I would take all the help I could get as a blessing) or speedrunning, anyway? If you want to play with a full party and have a reasonable level of challenge for all members of the squad, you should be playing on maps where Ember's usefulness is questionable.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Fixed Smeeta's Charm ‘Doubled Pickups and Affinity’ buff not working as intended and doubling a number of things that were unintended. It now properly doubles pickups: Resource, Health, Energy, Affinity, Credit and Ammo (previously it would).

yes? go on

can anyone confirm wether charm no longer doubles Kuva or Void Traces?
because the chance for double void traces was pretty much the only reason I was using my Smeeta

Edited by BaIthazar

All this complaining is just going to fall on more deaf ears.  The community has been saying for MONTHS that this was not the way to update Ash, and they didn't bother to listen.  Putting Nitain and Forma on an already bloated and asinine sortie loot reward list was panned by the community as unnecesacry and silly, and they ignore that too.  This too will just be swept under the carpet and forgotten.

We decided to rework Blade Storm after almost a full year of the same themed feedback showing up. We often heard and experienced a power...

And yet you didn't actually listen to any of the feedback and instead you did this...This completely kills Ash in every way possible. I agree Bladestorm was way too strong but this isn't even a nerf this is just making Ash completely garbage bin tier.

Man you guys are just god awful at balance, like always I guess.

2 minutes ago, Aebara said:

Oh my goodness gracious. You've missed the point with frame reworks before, DE, but I think this is by far the worst job of it you've ever done.

Blade Storm absolutely was overpowered and boring, yes, but you've made it unequivocally much worse, and the fact that the rest of Ash's abilities were equally boring and completely useless has somehow entirely escaped you. Ash wasn't just boring to play because it was press 4 and done, it was because that was literally all he was any good at. The few minor edits you've made to Teleport and Smoke Screen aren't going to make them any more practical to use.

Ash is literally just worse Loki now. 

And—let me make sure I'm getting this right—you're actually nerfing one of the two best sources of endo. I had literally no reason to play sorties other than endo before. You've made one of the single grindiest elements of your game that much grindier to... give us a very slightly better chance of getting nitain and formas?

It's like you're trying to get players to leave. Actually... are you? I could sort of understand. I mean, you guys have been focusing on this game for, what, at least four years including pre-release development? You're just trying to sabotage Warframe so you can move on with your lives.

ASH was good only with 4 power all others is pointless and now 4 is even worse. I will play Ember works perfect power 4 kill everything up to lvl 50 :D

About sorties sure now are worse I will got Nitains for what I am MR 22 and I have everything and still I have 80 nitains. What will I do with 100+ nitains I need endos etc, not nitains....

Having to shake the screen doing 1080 no scope just to "tag" enemies around ash 3 times is NOT FUN, how did the rework get past QA?

" We have been increasingly committed to participatory powers (especially ultimates) and focused on emphasizing that for Blade Storm. " this is a joke right?

Edited by Gnaix

44 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

New Sortie Rewards:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  • Riven Mod 
  • Endo (4K) 
  • Endo (2K) (radically lowered drop chance and spread across new additions) 
  • 3 Day Booster 
  • Lens/Greater Lens
  • 3 Nitain
  • Forma
  • Orokin Reactor/Catalyst Blueprint
  • Exilus Adaptor Blueprint
  • Legendary Core

Please note regarding these changes that we took the large 2000 Endo chances and chopped/reassigned to give a more diverse set of options to have variety of other rewards. We are aiming to make the full drop table more broadly appealing. When The War Within launched, we added Rivens to Sorties as a common drop to be the new, interesting, and unique evergreen goal for players in Sorties.  Rivens remain common with these changes as we see them as the ultimate goal for Sorties. Regarding Nitain specifically, the majority of our recently active players have less than 9 Nitain in their accounts and there is considerable interest in some new ways to acquire, so we are trying out Sorties as an option. A next step here is being considered to add a completely new Ayatan in the place of 2K Endo to give collectors and Endo hunters something to look forward to. 

I hope this is just another experiment with us and it will be changed. If no, ok...

8fe.png

Just now, Gnaix said:

Having to shake the screen doing 720 no scope just to "tag" enemies around ash 3 times is NOT FUN, how did the rework get past QA?

DE literally doesn't care anymore. That's the only explanation. They're nerfing every frame to Oberon level one by one and doing nothing to improve quality of life.

Another great update with more aditions and skin to our beloved warframe :) 

Nitain and forma rewards in sorties feel a bit bad though :( If the forma reward is allrdy built then i must admit it will indeed be a usefull reward for allmost everyone be it veteran or "non veteran" but nitains :| why not just "buff" the other places it can "drop" besides the alerts :\

Other then that, the ninja note nobody seem to notice: KAVAT 10 TRACES ALERTS!!!!! 

*Would read the full patch notes again* xD

Out of jokes now, kudos and thank yous to DE for the effort it took them to share with us some more new warframe additions ;)

*waits patiently for frost deluxe skin turn* :p