The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Beginners...

The first Hema 'megathread' reached 178 pages before being closed, the current one is again up to 86 pages, and neither of those actually had a genuine 'MEGATHREAD' tag.

Maybe, but take notice that it's been 9 FREAKING MONTHS and we are still pissed about Ash Revisit and lack of response. At least DE has already said something about Hema cost.

I'm still optimistic though, DE promised to release Ballas trailers for previous primes eventually, and when they reach Ash they WILL have to do something because "telebugging inside a rampart and getting stuck/killed" and "spinning camera like a maniac to mark 20 dudes and kill 4 of them with the others dying because a Miramulor farted in the vicinity" don't make for a compelling trailer.

Alright, hoping this doesn't get lost in all the noise, but here goes...

I have a suggestion for a rework of the Bladestorm rework that's based off a bug I found with Ash.

I stumbled across that bug while playing around with melee channeling and Bladestorm. Basically, some combination of turning channeling on and off, while entering and leaving the Bladestorm state, while clicking and using the ability, leads to the bug. Once you enter the bugged state, clicking your melee attack, or pressing your quick attack button while having a gun, triggers a seemingly random Bladestorm attack on a nearby enemy. You can see the bug in action in the video at the end of this post.

The coolest part of the bug is near the middle of the video, when it seems like by pressing the quick attack button, you warp to the enemy to attack them. That's what prompted this idea about the Ash rework. What if Bladestorm became a combat mode, like Exalibur's Exalted Blade, and Valkyr's Hysteria, which made it into a ninja teleport frenzy where your character actually went to the various enemies, instead of how it is now where you essentially stay in one place?

So, to break it down, there would be two parts to this mode. The first part is similar to how Bladestorm functions now; you move your mouse over various enemies to mark them. Then you use Alt-Fire to trigger it. The difference besides that, is that you actually move to the enemies, AND the animation is sped up, the more enemies you target. Now, it's not only a damage ability, but also mobility that move to a new location. Yes, you could use Teleport or Fatal Teleport, but this helps give Bladestorm more involvement from the player. You kill fools, AND reposition.

Second part is the big change. If you select an enemy, and click your normal attack button (left-click), you teleport to the enemy and deal a massive damage attack. Remember, in both of these changes, instead of teleporting BACK to where you started, you are ending up at the target.

If you have your melee weapon out, you instead use E, or quick attack, to trigger the massive damage teleport. This leaves you open to use your normal melee attacks, in combination with Bladestorm mode.

I think this rework would give Bladestorm something it's never had, which is actual agency and input from the player. Plus it would be FUN. SO MUCH FUN. You would literally be the ninja who flips out (sorry, old school boy here) all over the place, but instead of being stuck in an animation, you could chain together melee attacks and broadside fusillades from your gun by teleporting into the enemies' midst, then using the Alt-attack to go into invulnerable mode for a bit while repositioning yourself to safety. It would flow between Teleport Attack, melee/gunplay, and Bladestorm chain. And it would be goddamn beautiful.

Here's the video. Sorry for the corny music, I was just so excited about the bug and its potential. Also, shout out to Shaddykack for figuring out what was likely the culprit!

4 hours ago, Jiufengbao said:

Alright, hoping this doesn't get lost in all the noise, but here goes...

I have a suggestion for a rework of the Bladestorm rework that's based off a bug I found with Ash.

I stumbled across that bug while playing around with melee channeling and Bladestorm. Basically, some combination of turning channeling on and off, while entering and leaving the Bladestorm state, while clicking and using the ability, leads to the bug. Once you enter the bugged state, clicking your melee attack, or pressing your quick attack button while having a gun, triggers a seemingly random Bladestorm attack on a nearby enemy. You can see the bug in action in the video at the end of this post.

The coolest part of the bug is near the middle of the video, when it seems like by pressing the quick attack button, you warp to the enemy to attack them. That's what prompted this idea about the Ash rework. What if Bladestorm became a combat mode, like Exalibur's Exalted Blade, and Valkyr's Hysteria, which made it into a ninja teleport frenzy where your character actually went to the various enemies, instead of how it is now where you essentially stay in one place?

So, to break it down, there would be two parts to this mode. The first part is similar to how Bladestorm functions now; you move your mouse over various enemies to mark them. Then you use Alt-Fire to trigger it. The difference besides that, is that you actually move to the enemies, AND the animation is sped up, the more enemies you target. Now, it's not only a damage ability, but also mobility that move to a new location. Yes, you could use Teleport or Fatal Teleport, but this helps give Bladestorm more involvement from the player. You kill fools, AND reposition.

Second part is the big change. If you select an enemy, and click your normal attack button (left-click), you teleport to the enemy and deal a massive damage attack. Remember, in both of these changes, instead of teleporting BACK to where you started, you are ending up at the target.

If you have your melee weapon out, you instead use E, or quick attack, to trigger the massive damage teleport. This leaves you open to use your normal melee attacks, in combination with Bladestorm mode.

I think this rework would give Bladestorm something it's never had, which is actual agency and input from the player. Plus it would be FUN. SO MUCH FUN. You would literally be the ninja who flips out (sorry, old school boy here) all over the place, but instead of being stuck in an animation, you could chain together melee attacks and broadside fusillades from your gun by teleporting into the enemies' midst, then using the Alt-attack to go into invulnerable mode for a bit while repositioning yourself to safety. It would flow between Teleport Attack, melee/gunplay, and Bladestorm chain. And it would be goddamn beautiful.

Here's the video. Sorry for the corny music, I was just so excited about the bug and its potential. Also, shout out to Shaddykack for figuring out what was likely the culprit!

Honestly, I think a marriage of this in addition to previous suggestions (where marked enemies changes the functions of Ash's powers) would be absolute perfection.

Marking is done with Aimgliding, Wall-latching, aiming etc. Normal Shuriken becomes a single massive Shuriken with 3 punchthrough that actually pins enemies to surfaces (as the actual power description claims). Teleport is a free teleport, with pinpointed teleports working as it currently does. Smokescreen drops an actual cloud of smoke under his feet that chokes and blinds enemies with the cloud, opening them to finishers. Ash becomes invisible as he does currently, and his invisibility can be extended by returning to the lingering cloud. 

When Bladestorm Mode is active, Ash's Shuriken throws smaller homing Shuriken at all marked enemies, doing less damage but still inflicting bleed procs. Teleporting to marked enemies creates a Shockwave that stuns everyone within 10 meters and opens them to finishers. Smokescreen will hurl the smokebomb at the marked enemy you're aiming at (giving the blind and accuracy debuff more range as well as being able to aid teammates from a distance). And the actual Bladestorm will operate the way you suggested. 

Edited by (PS4)ShuhanX

1 hour ago, ChuckMaverick said:

So that you can cast Smokescreen, press '4' and stay invisible for the rest of the mission?

That would be too easy to abuse.

Well, press 4, wiggle your mouse around like a maniac, wait for cooldown, and account for lag. And that's assuming there are even any enemies around.

(Not saying I want the idea, but y'know devil's advocate and what not)

On 3/13/2017 at 6:42 PM, (PS4)ShuhanX said:

Honestly, I think a marriage of this in addition to previous suggestions (where marked enemies changes the functions of Ash's powers) would be absolute perfection.

Marking is done with Aimgliding, Wall-latching, aiming etc. Normal Shuriken becomes a single massive Shuriken with 3 punchthrough that actually pins enemies to surfaces (as the actual power description claims). Teleport is a free teleport, with pinpointed teleports working as it currently does. Smokescreen drops an actual cloud of smoke under his feet that chokes and blinds enemies with the cloud, opening them to finishers. Ash becomes invisible as he does currently, and his invisibility can be extended by returning to the lingering cloud. 

When Bladestorm Mode is active, Ash's Shuriken throws smaller homing Shuriken at all marked enemies, doing less damage but still inflicting bleed procs. Teleporting to marked enemies creates a Shockwave that stuns everyone within 10 meters and opens them to finishers. Smokescreen will hurl the smokebomb at the marked enemy you're aiming at (giving the blind and accuracy debuff more range as well as being able to aid teammates from a distance). And the actual Bladestorm will operate the way you suggested. 

NICE!

I say make put bladestorm back the way it was but with two changes; one enemies that are marked red can be killed by other players and two if you don`t want to see the animation press four again and you run around while the clones kill things, so the animation is still there but you have a choice whether you want to watch the animation or not.

6 hours ago, Roxxarus said:

Well, press 4, wiggle your mouse around like a maniac, wait for cooldown, and account for lag. And that's assuming there are even any enemies around.

(Not saying I want the idea, but y'know devil's advocate and what not)

No, cast Smokescreen, press '4', ignore the Bladestorm functionality entirely and enjoy unlimited invisibility because your Smokescreen duration is paused while you're in Bladestorm (which you never leave).

On 3/13/2017 at 11:03 AM, Somethinglurks said:

96 pages!  Ash still borked!  News at 11!

Limbo remained poor for 2 years before he got a solid rework. Which has yet to dropped as of me typing this.

Saryn was reworked November 2015 and has yet to be reviewed after her rework

You have a long wait. Get in line.

3 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

No, cast Smokescreen, press '4', ignore the Bladestorm functionality entirely and enjoy unlimited invisibility because your Smokescreen duration is paused while you're in Bladestorm (which you never leave).

Now, I haven't really Ash for Bladestorm in a while, but I think CFE Angry is talking about when Bladestorm is actually activated (aka you're slashing and hacking), not when you're in the scanning phase. I'm not sure if the Smoke Screen continues or is paused during the slashy-slash time, but if not then I think that's what he's talking about.

57 minutes ago, Roxxarus said:

Now, I haven't really Ash for Bladestorm in a while, but I think CFE Angry is talking about when Bladestorm is actually activated (aka you're slashing and hacking), not when you're in the scanning phase. I'm not sure if the Smoke Screen continues or is paused during the slashy-slash time, but if not then I think that's what he's talking about.

Possibly, but then Ash is invulnerable during slashy-slash time and you can re-cast Smokescreen as soon as the animation is over, so I don't really see the need.