Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

On 14/7/2017 at 3:53 PM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Las cosas no funcionan con Ash`s bladestorm

·         No puede usar bs en un equipo porque otros jugadores matan el objetivo marcado, por ejemplo ember, mirage con simulor, etc.

·         Ya no puede matar en un AOE.

·         La animación se muestra para cada enemigo marcado que significa bs es mucho más tiempo que antes.

·         La activación de bs es lenta debido a las dos etapas.

·         Cuando usar bs sin un arma cuerpo a cuerpo es aún más lento de usar antes del cambio.

·         Es más difícil activar bs en un controlador que en PC.

La manera corregida de rehacer bs es mantener la vieja bs pero con pequeños cambios;

· Los         enemigos marcados pueden ser matados por los jugadores

·         Haz que bs sea capaz de matar tantos enemigos que estén dentro de su radio

·         Si los jugadores no quieren ver la animación pulsan 4 nuevamente para salir de ella y los clones seguirán matando mientras que Ash mata otra cosa pero no puedes usar bs de nuevo hasta que todos los enemigos marcados estén muertos. Así que la animación todavía está allí, pero usted tiene una opción si desea ver la animación o no. También si un compañero de equipo es ceniza caída puede salir de bs y revivir el compañero de equipo derribado.

·         Hacer bs establecer con una velocidad adecuada a continuación, hacer mods cuerpo a cuerpo con la furia de la velocidad bs.

Love it. +1

Can we PLEASE properly rework Ash? His kit is an entire mess with shuriken being tedious as it is even with the augment, his smokescreen being a really bad short version of loki's stealth, a teleport ability with a finisher augment that barely properly works (sometimes it doesn't kill them w/ augment equipped), and most of all the most annoying 4th ability and not because it kills everything in the room, but the fact that you have to prepare the attack by looking all around and spinning the screen like a mad man just to attempt to get all the enemies in the room...

There are so many frames right now that do so much of a better job than him that gives him no reason to pick him up anymore. I loved Ash, but now I find myself using other frames more often because they're more useful and are better at doing Ash's job.

On 16/7/2017 at 3:54 AM, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

I felt Ash was perfect the way he originally  was yet I understand why they changed him,His current Bladestorm were you move your reticle over the targets is to slow all while allies are killing your mark target with Ember world on fire Equinox Main   Etc Etc making you feel useless to the team and why bother. Before Ash could Blade storm groups of enemies was it accurate and perfect No.In fact he would sometimes missed enemies that were the closest to him but I actually preferred it the way it was versus now I hand-pick my mark targets while I'm moving around the environments walls objects are all in my way there in every mission.

12 hours ago, 133spider said:

Can we PLEASE properly rework Ash? His kit is an entire mess with shuriken being tedious as it is even with the augment, his smokescreen being a really bad short version of loki's stealth, a teleport ability with a finisher augment that barely properly works (sometimes it doesn't kill them w/ augment equipped), and most of all the most annoying 4th ability and not because it kills everything in the room, but the fact that you have to prepare the attack by looking all around and spinning the screen like a mad man just to attempt to get all the enemies in the room...

There are so many frames right now that do so much of a better job than him that gives him no reason to pick him up anymore. I loved Ash, but now I find myself using other frames more often because they're more useful and are better at doing Ash's job.

And let's not forget: Previously you had built diversity because BS worked on 18 targets for 100 energy, now it draines 150 to 450 (100 to 300 if invisible, which also means you don't see the animations they wanted to keep) for 10. 10!

The cost is insane for a frame with only 150 base max energy (440 if you use Primed Flow and Endurance Drift). It pretty much removed the ultimate for everyone except Max Efficiency spammers, who were the ones who caused problem with old BS by, well, spamming it.

Also, kudos to @133spider who is one of the first players in quite some time that I've seen pointing out ALL of Ash's kit needs fixin, not ust BS.

• 3 weeks later...

Things wrong with Ash`s bladestorm

·         He can`t use bs in a team because other players kill the marked target e.g ember, mirage with simulor etc.

·         He can`t kill in an AOE anymore.

·         The animation is shown for every enemy marked which means bs is way longer than before.

·         Activating bs is slow because of the two stages.

·         When using bs without a melee weapon is even slower to use before the change.

·         It`s harder to activate bs on a controller than on PC.

The corrected way to fix bladestorm is to keep the old bs but with small changes;

·         Enemies that are marked can be killed by players

·         Make bs be able to kill as many enemies that are within his radius

·         If players don’t want to watch animation press 4 again to come out of it and the clones will continue killing while Ash kills other thing but you can`t use bs again until all marked enemies are dead. So the animation is still there but you have a choice whether you want to watch the animation or not. Also if a teammate is downed ash can come out of bs and revive the downed teammate.

·         Make bs set with an appropriate speed then make melee mods with fury speed up bs. (or don`t make it scale with melee mods like back in the day)

·         (NOTE) Just to make 1st ability better make it scale by melee mods e.g. toxic on melee weapon = toxic shuriken.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

·         He can`t use bs in a team because other players kill the marked target e.g ember, mirage with simulor etc.

·         The animation is shown for every enemy marked which means bs is way longer than before.

·         When using bs without a melee weapon is even slower to use before the change.

The corrected way to fix bladestorm is to keep the old bs but with small changes;

·         If players don’t want to watch animation press 4 again to come out of it and the clones will continue killing while Ash kills other thing but you can`t use bs again until all marked enemies are dead. So the animation is still there but you have a choice whether you want to watch the animation or not. Also if a teammate is downed ash can come out of bs and revive the downed teammate.

·         Make bs set with an appropriate speed then make melee mods with fury speed up bs. (or don`t make it scale with melee mods like back in the day)

·         (NOTE) Just to make 1st ability better make it scale by melee mods e.g. toxic on melee weapon = toxic shuriken.

Add to that "Reduce the cost of BS to previous BS levels", that is about ~4-5 per enemy (regardless of marks) not 15-45.

Right now it kills build diversity because you are forced to have max efficiency+rage+zenurik just to use the ability normally.

11 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Add to that "Reduce the cost of BS to previous BS levels", that is about ~4-5 per enemy (regardless of marks) not 15-45.

Right now it kills build diversity because you are forced to have max efficiency+rage+zenurik just to use the ability normally.

What are you talking about? my idea has no marking involved read it again.

On 14.7.2017 at 10:53 PM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

The corrected way to rework bs is to keep the old bs but with small changes;

·         Make bs set with an appropriate speed then make melee mods with fury speed up bs.

The game changed a bit... Melee rivens affect BS now, so does arcane strike and some mods... what brings the animation time for each kill down to allmost zero.

hell, i dare to say that it's even faster now then it ever was, not to mention that it's stronger too, since melee to feed the combo counter and appropiate builds that no longer require max range (what was a massive loss) are a thing too.

That you can't do NOTHING but spamming it can't be a problem in this stage of the game where literally any other potent aeo is gone for good, right??...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

36 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

The game changed a bit... Melee rivens affect BS now, so does arcane strike and some mods... what brings the animation time for each kill down to allmost zero.

That has been true since the clones were added... about 10 updates ago. Attack Speed has a cap at +90%

To give you perspective, 100% just reduces the BS animation by 50%. So it's just 45% faster. And that was before true as well. And since clones helped instead of follow, you would only watch about 1/3rd of the marked targets executions, unlike current where you watch EVERY enemy getting stabbed.

hell, i dare to say that it's even faster now then it ever was, not to mention that it's stronger too, since melee to feed the combo counter and appropiate builds that no longer require max range (what was a massive loss) are a thing too.

Not it's not, as I already mentioned. It's not Stronger either. How "Strong" an ability is is determined by 3 factors: how hard it hits, how fast it hits and how much it costs.

How hard it hits? Same 2000 Finisher damage, and it could be increased with Combo counter and Steel Charge aura. No change.

How fast it hits? Just as fast, but takes longer because you see every enemy getting attacked.

How much it costs? Old BS attacked 18 enemies for 100 energy, which means the average costs per enemy was ~5.5. Current Blade Storm uses 15 to 45 energy per enemy by default, which you may notice is a 200% to ~800% increase in cost, a HUGE nerf.

While it no longers requires Max Range, it now requires Max Efficiency, and while it previously worked fine with default range, it cannot posibly work now with default Efficiency, Max Range was optional, Max Efficiency is mandatory, which is WAY WORSE.

That you can't do NOTHING but spamming it can't be a problem in this stage of the game where literally any other potent aeo is gone for good, right??...

That was a problem with the old ability, but at least it was useful. Current one is practically pointless to use, as a cheap (35 energy) Smoke Screen + Goodish melee weapon can wipe crowds more effectively and faster. And for single target assassinations to take out high priority targets Teleport can do so much better, and if Fatal Teleport is equiped, for less energy spent.

Simply put: Failstorm is NOT viable whatsoever outside of Max Efficiecny spam builds, which were the main problem of Old Blade storm. So the revisit was just a straight nerf that didn't acomplish anything other than scr*wing over people who actually used his full kit instead of relying on BS, as they lost their 4th ability.

Now I want to see how you, like many before you, argue with actual mathematical proof and solid arguments. I find denial a bit amusing.

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

That has been true since the clones were added... about 10 updates ago. Attack Speed has a cap at +90%

Any source to that information? Cause it sure as hell has gotten faster ever since i addet a 80% attack speed riven to the equasion, to the point that it practicly flashes on my screen.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Any source to that information? Cause it sure as hell has gotten faster ever since i addet a 80% attack speed riven to the equasion, to the point that it practicly flashes on my screen.

Consider that BS animation lasts by default 1.5s so cutting it by 45% would reduce it to 0.6s so it's half a second long.

And yes, Attack Speed has a +90% cap, BS speed is increased by these: Fury (P), Quickening (if Channeling is active at the moment of casting and during BS), Warcry, Speed, and Arcane Strike. Berserker does not work.

Also let me check when the clones were added (which is what made old BS viable in the first place)

EDIT: Found it! Clones were added to Blade Storm in Update 13.5, we are in U21 right now which means it was added 8 updates ago. Pretty close.

The text:

In Update 13.5, Ash's Blade Storm was buffed to increase its viability in AoE crowd-clearing. Blade Storm now spawns 2 holographic clones of Ash to assist in the execution of Blade Storm and they inflict Blade Storm's full damage. This allows Ash to clear the maximum 18 marked targets 3 times faster, making Blade Storm a viable method of quickly clearing out enemies

So yeah, Ash's BS is supposed to be AoE crowd-clearing, so this whole sh*tty BS we have now it's a huge nerf.

There are two ways to solve this whole problem, the easy and the super easy:

The Easy: Stance Ultimate focused on Finishers (giving Ash the ability to Finish off multiple enemies at once)

Pros:

-Avoids Press4toWin

-Interactive

-Avoids overlapping with his other abilities

-Could synergize well with his other abilities

-Could be easily balanced for Conclave

-Keeps his theme

-Destructive potential restored

Cons:

-Some people don't like Stance Ultimates

The Super Easy: Marking Mode costs 100 energy to cast, lasts 6 to 10s, Ash can mark all enemies he wishes during it. BS goes off when the timer ends or the player presses 4 again. Clones show up to assist Ash in the killin just like old times, cutting the cutscene time to 1/3rd. Smoke Screen duration frozen during it.

Pros:

-Not broken energy cost

-Ash doesn't get exposed because SS ended before the BS ends.

Cons:

-May easily fall into Press 4 to Win

-No more interactive than current or old BS

-Difficult if not impossible to balance for Conclave

-Overlaps to some degree with the rest of his ability set.

Edited by Nazrethim

2 hours ago, Asdryu said:

It's safe to say that this thread is being completely ignored. 1 year has passed. Ash prime has been vaulted even...

It also says something that the other revisit megathreads have been somewhat forgotten, yet this one continues to pop up.

3 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Consider that BS animation lasts by default 1.5s so cutting it by 45% would reduce it to 0.6s so it's half a second long.

And yes, Attack Speed has a +90% cap, BS speed is increased by these: Fury (P), Quickening (if Channeling is active at the moment of casting and during BS), Warcry, Speed, and Arcane Strike. Berserker does not work.

Also let me check when the clones were added (which is what made old BS viable in the first place)

EDIT: Found it! Clones were added to Blade Storm in Update 13.5, we are in U21 right now which means it was added 8 updates ago. Pretty close.

The text:

In Update 13.5, Ash's Blade Storm was buffed to increase its viability in AoE crowd-clearing. Blade Storm now spawns 2 holographic clones of Ash to assist in the execution of Blade Storm and they inflict Blade Storm's full damage. This allows Ash to clear the maximum 18 marked targets 3 times faster, making Blade Storm a viable method of quickly clearing out enemies

So yeah, Ash's BS is supposed to be AoE crowd-clearing, so this whole sh*tty BS we have now it's a huge nerf.

There are two ways to solve this whole problem, the easy and the super easy:

The Easy: Stance Ultimate focused on Finishers (giving Ash the ability to Finish off multiple enemies at once)

Pros:

-Avoids Press4toWin

-Interactive

-Avoids overlapping with his other abilities

-Could synergize well with his other abilities

-Could be easily balanced for Conclave

-Keeps his theme

-Destructive potential restored

Cons:

-Some people don't like Stance Ultimates

The Super Easy: Marking Mode costs 100 energy to cast, lasts 6 to 10s, Ash can mark all enemies he wishes during it. BS goes off when the timer ends or the player presses 4 again. Clones show up to assist Ash in the killin just like old times, cutting the cutscene time to 1/3rd. Smoke Screen duration frozen during it.

Pros:

-Not broken energy cost

-Ash doesn't get exposed because SS ended before the BS ends.

Cons:

-May easily fall into Press 4 to Win

-No more interactive than current or old BS

-Difficult if not impossible to balance for Conclave

-Overlaps to some degree with the rest of his ability set.

Still waiting for a source of the 90% cap.

8 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

It also says something that the other revisit megathreads have been somewhat forgotten, yet this one continues to pop up.

Maybe because they were actually listened, the rework was good and people are happy about it?

7 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Still waiting for a source of the 90% cap.

Digging it.

IIRC it was because past that the animations started glitching the hell out, and the cap was put back when you could stack multiple ranks of the same mod (we're talking closed beta old). That's the reason why Berserker and Primed Fury is a waste of mod slot, because they won't get you past +90% attack speed.

2 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Digging it.

IIRC it was because past that the animations started glitching the hell out, and the cap was put back when you could stack multiple ranks of the same mod (we're talking closed beta old). That's the reason why Berserker and Primed Fury is a waste of mod slot, because they won't get you past +90% attack speed.

Only that Berserker doesn't work at all but go ahead. Source pls.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Only that Berserker doesn't work at all but go ahead. Source pls.

Berserker doesn't work with Blade Storm, but if you combine Berserker with Primed Fury on a weapon, the UI will show you the full berserker buff but you won't get past 90% because that's where the cap is. And yes, I'm looking for it. Still, it's all moot by now because even stacking 2 Arcane Strike, Fury P and Quickening you get only to +115% Attack Speed... or -56% Attack Time. So your normal 1.5s attack only takes 0.66s, which is damn fast, but still, the point is that Old BS was just as fast in animations, but since you only did like a 3rd of the attacks you cleared stuff faster. So no matter how much speed you stack, current BS is still 200% slower than what Old BS would be, given the same amount of enemies. Oh, and also 200-800% more expensive.

Edited by Nazrethim

20 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Berserker doesn't work with Blade Storm, but if you combine Berserker with Primed Fury on a weapon, the UI will show you the full berserker buff but you won't get past 90% because that's where the cap is. And yes, I'm looking for it. Still, it's all moot by now because even stacking 2 Arcane Strike, Fury P and Quickening you get only to +115% Attack Speed... or -56% Attack Time. So your normal 1.5s attack only takes 0.66s, which is damn fast, but still, the point is that Old BS was just as fast in animations, but since you only did like a 3rd of the attacks you cleared stuff faster. So no matter how much speed you stack, current BS is still 200% slower than what Old BS would be, given the same amount of enemies. Oh, and also 200-800% more expensive.

nah, like, not at all. No idea why it even would show in the UI when it doesn't affect it.

And tell me about that bro. The way i see it it's become 2-3 times faster ever since that time where the regular fury and quickening, which were the only working mods avaiable at that time that didn't involve the playstyle everyone rants about these days, the one that basicly triggers arcane strike, were a thing.

Those add up to a bonus to 50% attack speed and would you regulary get stuck on some kinda eximus unit, what slowed you down A LOT on anything above low levels. But screw Finisher damage for mid-high level content am i right?

Body count wasn't a thing eather so no, also no propper melee multipliers for old ash. Just a lousy argument that couldn't compare.

The melee i now have includes  speed bonus from primed Fury (55%), Quickening (20%), Arcane strike (20%) and my riven (80%) at all times if i wish to, what adds up to a totall boost of 175%.

Be aware that the shadows are still a thing that do hits per second on enemys that require them in the first place. Also Boosted.

The cost, ye, but is it slower? Technicly not. It hits at about the same rate with you alone then the 3 of you could back then. Stronger? Technicly yes. The multiplier is easyer to uphold and neather do you need ridiculous range, nor ridiculous duration for the same results. Is the cost an issue if you're not trying to defy logical builds? No. Just no.

What brings us to the conclusion that it's stronger and just as fast/faster now, on the same difficulty managing your energy pool (in a time energy dropps didn't deplete as fast)....Was the aoe better tho? No. He was the last one to compare to saryn or mesa when she was at her zenith. But whatever you say man. Let's ignore that the game and envirement progressed to one he regained his former glory in. Why not beg for p4tw instead?

Sry englisch isn't my first language....what's the word when something is only better because it's in the past?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

And tell me about that bro. The way i see it it's become 2-3 times faster ever since that time where the regular fury and quickening, which were the only working mods avaiable at that time that didn't involve the playstyle everyone rants about these days, the one that basicly triggers arcane strike, were a thing.

First, Primed Fury became available on June 19, 2016, Ash Revisit came in November 25, 2016, so we had Old BS with Primed Fury, and it was indeed faster than current Failstorm. Second, who the hell uses Quickening?

Those add up to a bonus to 50% attack speed and would you regulary get stuck on some kinda eximus unit, what slowed you down A LOT on anything above low levels. But screw Finisher damage for mid-high level content am i right?

Yeah, the Eximus stuck was a problem, that could easily be bypassed by NOT spamming it like a moron (which 90% of lazy players did but whatever) and paying attention, dispatching Eximus before unleashing BS on the hordes.

Body count wasn't a thing eather so no, also no propper melee multipliers for old ash. Just a lousy argument that couldn't compare.

Body Count did actually exist at the same time of old BS.

Body Count was added with Operation: Shadow Debt. Hotfix 18.4.1

Ash Nerf Revisited: The War Within: 19.1.0

Blade Storm was affected by melee multiplier since the multiplier was implemented into the game. And affected by Steel Charge Aura since 16.11.5

The melee i mow have got a speed bonus from primed Fury (55%), Quickening (20%), Arcane strike (20%) and my riven (80%) at all times if i wish to, what adds up to a totall boost of 175%.

That's what you think it gives, in reality that thing is capped by animations. And if you would have had access to all that to Old BS, still better. You can't compare old vs current on mod set ups.

Be aware that the shadows are still a thing that do hits per second on enemys that require them in the first place. Also Boosted.

Except they don't assist, and they drain more energy to attack, previously they showed up to assist for no additional cost. And were also boosted.

The cost, ye, but is it slower? Technicly not. It hits at about the same rate with you alone then the 3 of you could back then. Stronger? Technicly yes. The multiplier is easyer to uphold and neather do you need ridiculous range, nor ridiculous duration for the same results. Is the cost an issue if you're not trying to defy logical builds? No. Just no.

Yup, it's slower, because you did 1/3rd of the attacks (unless you foolishly got stuck on an Eximus). The multiplier is exactly the same, no change there. And range was entirely optional, people used it to spam easier, but you could play at default range and do good with it anyway. The duration has been increased by 200% due to lack of clone assistance.

And sure, because you say that OPTIONAL Range was ridiculous, but MANDATORY Efficiency is totally fine. Even considering Range is a somewhat balanced stat while Efficiency is completely broken.

What brings us to the conclusion that it's stronger and just as fast/faster now, on the same difficulty managing your energy pool (in a time energy dropps didn't deplete as fast)....Was the aoe better tho? No. He was the last one to compare to saryn or mesa when she was at her zenith. But whatever you say man. Let's ignore that the game and envirement progressed to one he regained his former glory in. Why not beg for p4tw instead?

Ah good old fashioned DENIAL. He wasn't the best at clearing crowds, but he was decent at clearing crowds, now BS is pointless. And Ash only got nerfed, the only positive change he got was be able to cast Smoke Screen on the move.

Why not P4TW? simple: it's terrible game design, but current Failstorm is even WORSE than old BS, because at least Old BS did it's job for a reasonable cost instead of being pointless AND with inflated cost.

Sry englisch isn't my first language.

Puedo usar español si no entiendes ingles.

...what's the word when something is only better because it's in the past?

The word you looking for is "Nostalgia", but this is not that, it's actually my mathematical proof and cold hard logic vs your delusional bullcr*p that I can debunk pretty much on every comment.

The point is: Ash needs a proper rework. He needs improvements to his first 3 abilities and his 4 scrapped and reworked into something powerful, with reasonable stats (that is, works by default) and avoiding P4TW.

Edited by Nazrethim