Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Revisited Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I think it'd be better to allow Ash to send out his shadow clones to damage the enemies, while allowing Ash to act freely. TBH I'm sick of getting stuck in a slideshow of my warframe doing cool stuff while I do nothing but watch, and the animations often cause me to feel a bit motion sick if I stare at them for long enough/do a lot of Bladestorming at once.

I just want control of the frame while the shadows are doing their thing, even if it means I'm no longer invulnerable, because at least that way I don't have to make myself sick.

Edited by Jackviator

I sincerely appreciate that after hearing the communities grievances with Ash that you (DE) took the time and look into this issue, but I think you guys completely missed what exactly the community wanted done with this rework. Most importantly you didn't really make take out the uninteractive portions of Ash's ult, as game developers I'm sure you understand well enough that when people play a game they want to actually play it, that is the exact opposite of how it feels whenever casting Ash's ult, since for a majority of the skill you are forced to watch behind a screen while the same animation happens a dozen times in a row to no control of your own. This rework was a good attempt DE, but it ultimately missed what really needed to be changed, which is the skills ability to just push the player out of the game and make them nothing more than a viewer instead of the participant they want to be, even briefly. 

Still has buggy cutscene, still has invulnerability on targets while he ults. 

Now also featuring getting epilepsy from violently trying to target somebody, getting angry outbursts at your teammates from killing your targets, extreme pain in your lower back while actually trying to kill more than 3 enemies at once. 

Ash, say hello to the trash compactor.

Hi Mirage and simulor, missed ya. <3

Also, with this targeting mode while in a big group of enemies I end up marking some of them for a few times, because suddenly I don't use aimbot and just a mere human trying to play action game and not a sudden turn-based strategy. No energy for me, yay.

Edited by A.Rosen

The greatest question now is : Will the attacked enemies still be invulnerable to other allies' damage? This annoyance is way beyond anything else that Blade Storm does annoyingly. I couldn't care less about all the salty edgelords who cry about a patch that reduces the effortlessness of bladestorm. All that is needed is for damage to be also coming from other allies than ash. It's super annoying when an ash pokes an ancient over and over for a whole minute while allies could help obliterate it.

rant over. make enemies not invulnerable to damage coming from something else than ash.

Looking forward to test these changes (I'm more or less an Ash-main). However, no love for Shuriken? :( It was his only near-redundant skill in the arsenal, and I don't see how this would be any less true now (considering how Bladestorm works now, shuriken is no longer cheaper to use on single/dual targets (and even with old Bladestorm, it was generally less efficient ANYWAY))

I mean, there are a TON of different things you can add to it:

* Shuriken could boosts (and benefit from) the melee combo counter

* Shuriken hits could stagger (or even briefly blind, if they had a smokier trail) struck enemies

* Add a 3rd Shuriken, but this 3rd Shuriken goes straight and has punchthrough (modifiable with P.Range), so it has SOME aimability.

* X amount of targets struck by Shuriken are also, free of cost, marked as targets for your next Bladestorm (but only attacked by your Shadow Clones)

Stuff like that.

I`ve thougt that ultimative skill needs to be press-button-and-wonder-you-done. Just cause it`s ULTIMATIVE. Guess I was wrong.

Who is next? Ember? Rhino? hmm... may be Nova? It would be great to Nova check targets for its ult. Especialy at 100+ wave on defence mission where is realy ALOT of targets.

I think is no good to make a check of each target you want to kill. May be more practible can be to check an area of skill usage?

Edited by RuganirrKarel

Old ash blade storm.  100 energy for 18 attacks.  Instant "press 4 and attack"

new ash 15/10 energy for each attack, and you have to mark them.  yes you get it refunded, but while you are busy trying to mark things your teamates are killing them off. I see no reason anymore to use bladestorm in groups.

in the prime time, it was said the Damage would increase, but it is the same.  2k damage before and 2k damage now.

Fatal Teleport would be better now to use unless you are playing solo.

2 minutes ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

Old ash blade storm.  100 energy for 18 attacks.  Instant "press 4 and attack"

new ash 15/10 energy for each attack, and you have to mark them.  yes you get it refunded, but while you are busy trying to mark things your teamates are killing them off. I see no reason anymore to use bladestorm in groups.

in the prime time, it was said the Damage would increase, but it is the same.  2k damage before and 2k damage now.

Fatal Teleport would be better now to use unless you are playing solo.

Exactly, the overlap between Fatal Teleport and Bladestorm makes no sense. Spamming Teleport with the augment is basically the same as the new Bladestorm but with a LOT more damage.

Also, on a side note - if I have to run around for my targets to find them and kill them in a bunch because I don't want to waste my time being stuck in a cutscene because of one enemy I might just as well kill them with my weapon, ya know? Just because this way I won't be stuck in a cutscene again.

Meh x 2.

Just tested reworked Blade Storm in Simulacrum.

175% Efficiency, 214% Duration

Spawned 20 Enemies then used Smoke Screen and then activated Blad Storm and marked every enemy twice while i was invisible and i had 73 energy left (i had 150 before).

I wasted almost 80 energy for 20 enemies.

Still forced to watch a cinematic scene for several seconds and wasted a lot of energy with max efficiency build.

I'm not impressed.

EDIT: Does Blade Storm still deal finisher damage? My Nikana Prime with just maxed Pressure Point deals the same damage on finisher as Blade Storm with 100% strength (2000 damage) against 3 marked lvl 135 Corrupted Heavy Gunner.

Edited by The-Tective
Does Blade Storm still deal finisher damage?

What about actually reworking it? All you did was make it more situational and less usable. It's basically a targeting mini-game now before you again lose control of ash as he begins the animations of this ult. I personally don't know how to handle this, but I'm sure you guys can think of something better than this.

Completely trash Ash's Ult. Start over. Basically, your only real option to make Bladestorm more interactive is to make it a single target spam ability. But you already have fatal teleport. So that won't work.

How about this? Summon a group of Specter like clones of Ash that spam fatal teleport And only use melee weapons? Their attacks are stronger based on your melee mods for your currently equipped melee weapon. Just spit balling but it's a better solution than this in my opinion

EDIT: Oh yeah and if you only mark a single target. It's basically just fatal teleport as it is now. Just slower. lol

Edited by Sirabot

Ash's Bladestorm should have a lot more damage to it.

But I'm here on other issues about Ash. With the lack of endless Bladestorms I've notice Ash kind of dies easily. If the Bladestorm did more damage I would put more mods into Duration to keep the smokescreen up. So here are my suggestions from playing so far.

Increase Ash's armor value or increase his max Energy pool. If he had more armor he may survive much better since right now I feel like I'm dying a bit too easily. If he had higher energy max I could atleast do Quick Thinking with him effectively for that missing survivability.

As of now the only way I seem to be surviving with Ash is to just pull my Melee weapon out and block while marking targets. Unless I'm shooting to kill which then makes most of this kind of pointless as the only things standing with marks would just be heavy gunners, ancients.

just experienced a bug that wasnt there with the previous ash. marked targets with 4 as per update then slided and pressed 4 again to activate it. did maybe 2 leaps/kills and then crashed. previously it would do a quick stabing/hacking finisher rather then the standard slow (in comparison) finisher. i would like it to be addressed for those ash masters who use the fobbiden techniques ;)

So I just played through two missions with the bladestorm changes and I absolutely LOVE what you've done!  I have always loved playing ash, but the lack of control on bladestorm would drive me crazy.  Now I get the same powerful bladestorm as I had before, but with far more control over what targets I'm hitting, and what targets need more markers!

Furthermore, I found it extremely easy to mark targets and kill them after a brief adjustment period.  Don't change a thing!  It's fine now!