Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Add More "Bad" Drops to Sortie Rewards

BornToDevour

I understand the need to have a common or "bad" rewards in the sortie. Problem is, a lot of players (such as myself) don't have a need for nitain, forma, or 2k endo (or reward of your choice). However, even late-game players have common items they need (in my case, I'm short on credits after the prime pedestals and can always use more relics).

What if DE was to add a half dozen more "bad" drops to the sortie rewards but keep the overall odds of getting a common drop the same. New drops could include 100k credits, 25k syndicate standing, 100 ducats, 1200 kuva, 1k common resource, or 5 relics (the numbers are all placeholder, don't read too much into them).

Then you let the player select up to half that they absolutely don't want to see. In my case I would select forma, nitain, ducats, and common resources to remove from my drop table. That way I can avoid getting a drop that is absolutely worthless for me (like a forma), and still get a "bad" drop that I can put to better use.

Right now though, I probably won't be running sorties as long as the possibility of getting forma and nitain exists.

For a 3-mission set with level 60-100 enemies you can only do once every 24 hours, this is a bad idea.

I'd rather just not have nitain. They're diluting it on purpose, but at least with endo rewards I could do something with it. I have no need for nitain past a dozen or so. It's a very, very limited-use resource.

I don't want anymore NITAIN since I have over 80 of them.

Since I am lazy when it comes to farming that thing, I am pretty sure that a lot of Sortie veterans would have several hundreds of that stuff.

Get NITAIN out of my Sortie rewards.

The boosters, lenses and forma could go else where as well.

They should have done things differently with Nitain as it is.  Limiting it to Alerts only was a piss-poor idea from the start, and relegating it to Void-oriented Sabotage caches with a small chance of getting it from Caches wasn't much of an improvement.  Now it's behind a Quest-based wall in the sense that you can't do Sorties until you finish The War Within... at which point you probably don't need Nitain anyway.

Why have we not made it a flat resource drop from the Void tileset, now that it's in own tileset to begin with?  Pretty sure we could do with one less place dropping Control Modules.

4 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

I don't want anymore NITAIN since I have over 80 of them.

Since I am lazy when it comes to farming that thing, I am pretty sure that a lot of Sortie veterans would have several hundreds of that stuff.

Get NITAIN out of my Sortie rewards.

The boosters, lenses and forma could go else where as well.

Yes, lets make the rewards be exactly the same as they were before the change only even more endo, because that is exactly what youd get if you took out the things you suggested.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yes, lets make the rewards be exactly the same as they were before the change only even more endo, because that is exactly what youd get if you took out the things you suggested.

Really?

I thought I said we should move lenses elsewhere as well, that would mean less dilution of the reward pool, right?

Also, I gave other suggestions on other threads about the Sortie rewards, I didn't feel like repeating myself over and over again.

Maybe it's just me but your attitude towards me seems a bit overly aggressive for some reason, so excuse me if I seem a bit aggressive as well.

Edited by NativeKiller

10 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

Really?

I thought I said we should move lenses elsewhere as well, that would mean less dilution of the reward pool, right?

Also, I gave other suggestions on other threads about the Sortie rewards, I didn't feel like repeating myself over and over again.

Maybe it's just me but your attitude towards me seems a bit overly aggressive for some reason, so excuse me if I seem a bit aggressive as well.

Yes, which would mean the only thing left would be reactors, catalysts, adapters, rivens, legendary cores, and endo. Guess what would become the filler reward then? The exact filler people complained about just recently. It begins with an "e" and ends with a "ndo." Less dilution would mean that DE would have to resort to existing rewards as filler, and the only one fitting that description would be endo. You cant add things without diluting what already is there.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

8 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yes, which would mean the only thing left would be reactors, catalysts, adapters, rivens, legendary cores, and endo. Guess what would become the filler reward then? The exact filler people complained about just recently. It begins with an "e" and ends with a "ndo." Less dilution would mean that DE would have to resort to existing rewards as filler, and the only one fitting that description would be endo. You cant add things without diluting what already is there.

I don't know what's your problem but I don't feel like dealing with you.

I just want to say that I would rather have endo than nitain, forma, lenses, random boosters as sortie rewards.

I don't know why you are specifically quoting me and showing me this kind of aggressive attitude but excuse me if I decide to stop responding to you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2016 at 2:34 PM, NeithanDiniem said:

You do understand that it is utterly impossible to add bad drops without making the good drops less common, right? There is only 100% there total, you cant add items into that 100% and make the division of chance between the old items remain the same.

Thing is, you can, say...10% for rare, 25% for common, and 65% for common, right, but in that 65%, you have a whatever% chance to get that item

3 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

Thing is, you can, say...10% for rare, 25% for common, and 65% for common, right, but in that 65%, you have a whatever% chance to get that item

But in doing that, the chance to get any particular item still goes down. meaning Rivens are harder to get. Rivens are the particular item people want from these, and they are a common drop. With any addition of a common drop item, the odds of getting other common drop items will reduce. Adding a filter like OP suggests would be a larger issue than just giving us selections. Better for them to use the relic system to let us pick between a number of rewards than to get stuck with just the one we get. It would reduce the RNG, yes, which I feel is good, but any addition to the tables would still have an effect. DE would need to be particular with what they add.

If something like this was implemented I'd rather have a tier that I earned and I choose a reward from that tier. I don't even consider myself very late game and I have millions of credits sitting around and I would be greatly disappointed in a 100k credit sortie reward.

I thought this was going to be some reverse psychology thing: "Please add more bad drops! For instance, we all think Rivens SUCK, so please increase the drop rate. Also, we hate Primed Mods, so make sure to add several of them in there. Couldn't hurt to add complete prime sets too, since nobody likes them."

Here are the things I think would be reasonable to have in there (kinda in order, but not really caring that much)

• Anasa
  • Pistol Riven
  • Rifle Riven
  • Shotgun Riven
  • 4K Endo
  • Greater Lens
  • Orokin Catalyst
  • Orokin Reactor
  • Legendary Core

If that's not enough dilution, add some ducats or credits.

let the bad lenses be rare rewards somewhere else (maybe lua)?