Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Wants A Synoid Simulor NERF?

(PSN)Gunslanger69me

This gun is ruining missions for me and I'm not just talking about it stealing kills. I'm on console and we just had the index preview. The endurance mission was a really fun challenge, except I ALWAYS had at least one and often two synoid simulors (usually a mirage) on my team. The sounds and the lights were so obnoxious, I can't stand that gun. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why people use it, (because its EASY). Lets admit it, the Synoid Simulor is what you use when you are lazy or a noob that wants to get a lot of kills. I found about 5 other builds that dominated in the index endurance mission, all without using that stupid gun.

Can I get a hell yea on nerfing this abomination?

TBH, if I had it my way, I'd get rid of the gun all together. It's a cancer infecting this awesome game and it's getting worse. Anytime there is a challenging sortie or event mission, lazy players come out in droves to make my fun disintegrate into loud balls of light.

Who's with me?

Synoid Simulor was already part of the general nerf that affected aoe weapons... apart from a self damage nerf for it and tonkor no it doesn't need any more nerf. 

Mirage is a different story possibly, but any weapon + Mirage can be crazy powerful... Simulor is just the flavor of the month. 

Please don't call for nerfs if you don't even understand or can explain why a gun should be nerfed. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Synoid Simulor was already part of the general nerf that affected aoe weapons... apart from a self damage nerf for it and tonkor no it doesn't need any more nerf. 

Mirage is a different story possibly, but any weapon + Mirage can be crazy powerful... Simulor is just the flavor of the month. 

Please don't call for nerfs if you don't even understand or can explain why a gun should be nerfed. 

Perhaps hole of images should be nerfed :p
It's no fun at all

You guys really don't get annoyed by how loud it is and how much of your field of view it blocks and how they just linger around forever because nobody ever detonates them?

I guess the damage is ok, considering there's a good amount of powerful guns in the game now, but unlike all other guns, you could use this blindfolded! It's a recipe for disaster.

Edited by (PS4)Gunslanger69me
grammer

Some people using industrial tools to tighten a single door screw doesn't make the tool useless when someone needs to tighten hundreds of screws.

Perhaps elevating psychology and behavioral code of fellow tenno would help with the actual problem instead of shifting it to another item or tool...

Narcissistic Abuse, condescending name calling and other means of belittling may bully some into acting differently to avoid them but for others it only encourages them to reap your salty tears in full sounded effected glory...

Instead of nerfing the Synoid Simulor, I'd rather see Mirage's Hall of Mirrors interaction changed.

Proposed change: have every additional projectile created when firing be owned by the clone firing it.

What does this change?

Note how the Simulor orbs created by two different players and/or specters don't converge with each other. This is because orbs fired by different characters only converge with orbs created by the same character. By having the projectiles created by Hall of Mirrors each having different ownership, the Synoid Simulor orbs fired at each shot won't converge and create a singularity, but instead begin to create 3 individual singularities.

This change would also fix problems with other weapons, namely the Buzzlock:

The Buzzlock suffers from an issue when trying to home onto 3 different tracking beacons simultaneously, which are created when using the secondary fire with Hall of Mirrors. This change would have the each of the 3 bullets fired at a time home onto their respective beacon, eliminating the tracking issue it currently has when trying to lock onto 3 different positions simultaneously.

Edited by Heckzu

I agree with anything that can discourage players to pop in HL missions with a Simulor. So many times, so often. The worst being, obviously the Mirage Simulor. Hello, i dont care a bit about my powers, i just spam my vortex everywhere. If i quit every mission with a Mirage Sim my leaving stats would increase by 10%.

Edited by Stonehenge

4 minutes ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

Some people using industrial tools to tighten a single door screw doesn't make the tool useless when someone needs to tighten hundreds of screws.

Perhaps elevating psychology and behavioral code of fellow tenno would help with the actual problem instead of shifting it to another item or tool...

Narcissistic Abuse, condescending name calling and other means of belittling may bully some into acting differently to avoid them but for others it only encourages them to reap your salty tears in full sounded effected glory...

And how do you suggest we elevate the psychology and behavioral code of fellow tenno, O' Enlightened One?

Same, can't stand the weapon. I don't care as much about people trivializing the entire game with it as I do about them ruining the experience I have while playing the game. You are perfectly right, that weapon is obnoxious. It creates so much noise, both visual and auditory. Whenever I see someone using it in a mission I just sigh and go into a "let's get this over with" mindset. Not enough people seem to care about that aspect of it so I guess nothing needs changing. Oh well.

80% of my public missions turn into walk simulator because of a sin-sim or just an Ember or Equinox. 

The problem is that players don't like the game. They are bored. All they want to do is "farm as fast as possible", and this means "cheese as much as possible". Meaning that if you want to have fun or just actually play the game, you either have to painfully form your own squad via recruit channel (which will take long because other persons are not here for the same reason), or play solo (which will give you almost zero affinity reward). 

Sometimes I join a defence mission and just sit down on the cryopod because my presence and my actions wouldn't change anything. Speed Nova makes them come as fast as possible, others kill them as fast as they can. Nothing fun, just repetitive button smashing, but it's not because the game is bad but because it's what happens when you give powerful tools to players so that they can trivialize the content. 

That's pretty much why balance is needed, even in a PVE game...

Apart from self damage it doesnt need nerfing, same with tonkor.

Some of you dont seem to understand how flavor of the month meta works. Apart from the fact they dont do self damage significantly they are hardly op compared to other bruisers. And any top tier weapon plus mirage is insane.

All you are doing is playing popular weapon whack a mole, but it wont do anything to stop the absurd complaints this thread is based on -- players upset someone greatly outkilled them. Stop worrying so much about getting highest kill count in a pve game where kills dont matter. It just amounts to silly epeen measuring.

It won't change a damn thing to me, this weapon is only useful on light armored, not high level foe but I will say against * look at his gammacore* look what you can do

Now think to that, who gonna handle the ton of hate thread when it will happen ? you ?

Will you do the same thing whith the next "OP" weapon ?

Edited by Soketsu

5 minutes ago, Myhon said:

Mirage+S.Simulor+Telos Boltace=20% of players you see on pub

The common denominator is mirage, not simulor... I remember when other weapons were the favorite for mirage abuse and they will be again if simulor were nerfed and then people would complain about that. Lets face it mirage is op af.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Gunslanger69me said:

You guys really don't get annoyed by how loud it is and how much of your field of view it blocks and how they just linger around forever because nobody ever detonates them?

I guess the damage is ok, considering there's a good amount of powerful guns in the game now, but unlike all other guns, you could use this blindfolded! It's a recipe for disaster.

Oh the weekly "Nerf Synoid Simulor" Thread. OP says "I guess the damage is ok" and demands a nerf? Ehm k... 

Just now, The-Tective said:

Oh the weekly "Nerf Synoid Simulor" Thread. OP says "I guess the damage is ok" and demands a nerf? Ehm k... 

Also he essentially says, someone got more kills than me in a game where kills dont matter DE please remove the weapons they used from the game.

Amazing how many upvotes his op is getting. No substance just whining about kill count.

What? You don't like it when you hear *boing boing boing* and see a bunch of white balls of light, yes I have seen white energy simulor, not sure if they were stupid or vindictive in their choice.

To be honest, I'm not sure nerfing will fix much. I think you have to ask why are non-damaging explosives so popular? There is so much farming, so much to do. It should be worrying that people are looking for shortcuts in a game.

What, do you want me to bring a braton to end hordes of enemies on hieracon? No, a tonkor would be preferred. Sure, another explosive could do just fine, but whoops I just shot at an invisible piece of geometry or an ally walked in the way and I'm down.

Personally, what I think would improve weapons like tonkor and simulor is:

1.for simulor, reduce/change noise and darken vortexes, maybe reduce damage on combination exploding, but increase damage and range of the vortexes, with maybe a mild pull affect on  enemies..

2. for tonkor, once grenades come to a stand still, make them inert, tonkor isn't a mine layer.

3. for other explosives, put the the self damage between "that didn't hurt" and "I'm dead", preferably at around the "ow, that kind of hurt, let's not use this as a shotgun" mark.

Edited by KlutzMeister

Yeah, SySpamulor needs a bit more of a nerf. Either to it's insane range, or to it's damage. One of the two. Second would be changing it's interaction with mirage. Both are needed imo.

No weapon should be able to clear entire rooms with 0 effort regardless of what frame you use it with.

Another possibility is shortening the timer on the vortexes, or only allowing a certain number to exist at a given time.

Tonkor is insanely high damage as well, but at least it requires a minor degree of aiming even if you use it as an explosive shotgun of the caliber that curbstomps the latest 'shottylauncher'. Spamulor you could fire straight up or away from the enemies and it'll still kill them.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

I am surprised noone mentioned the fact that Simulor weapons & Vaubans Vortex make Nekros Desecrate/Despoil entirely useless (you can google a bit about this topic, basically vanishes the corpses before Desecrate can take the place).
So besides my own personal hate for the Simulor as it shakes my screen (DE just loves shaking dat screen) and does those *pew pew* high pitch noises it also renders lot of Survival missions quite hard & gives the sad feeling when you brought Nekros for farming/life supports.
As of myself, I would love to see some visual nerf of Simulor at least, make the franatical shaking stop, smaller -optical- size of the orbs etc. Tone down the sound. Overall the gun is just damn annoying to look at & hear.

Seriously.The synoid simulor can keep its damage and large AOE but it needs to do 30-50 finisher damage per merge so spamming orbs blindly or spamming and running forward like so many users do will get you killed very fast.

The fact that these weapons has very little travel distance is not a sufficient drawback given its AOE and how mobile we are.

Edited by ADirtyMonk