Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Wants A Synoid Simulor NERF?

(PSN)Gunslanger69me

I'd love to see the Synoid Simulor removed entirely from the game but I doubt [DE] will ever do that.

Since it most likely won't be removed, I'd like to see its damage toned down, explosion radius lowered, and annoying sound changed or removed.

They need to give it a charge time, like the opticor, where you have to fully charge it to get an orb. It should also be limited to 3 orbs at a time, with the oldest one disappearing if a 4th one is fired.

It would still be strong, but it would no longer be OP or super-annoying. It would also require you to finally have a brain to use it well.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

1 hour ago, Doc-Orange said:

NO Nerf!

Play as you want and let others play as they want!

This is a public, match-made, cooperative game. When you're playing in a shared environment, some balance is necessary to give everyone a reasonable chance to participate. The "let others play as they want" part is violated when a Synoid Simulor user mindlessly spams and cheeses the entire map, leaving nothing for other players to do except walk. YES, nerf. And it's obnoxiously flashy and noisy. Its visuals and audio need to be toned WAY down.

Nerf or not, I want reduced visual, sound (for teammates at the very least) and no pick-up vortex vauban's style.

I once had a mission with 2 synoid simulor mirage, couldn't see anything and kept jumping into walls. (and by can't see anything I mean blue flash of light covering my entire screen so much I can't see my own warframe kind of can't see.)

5 hours ago, (PS4)Gunslanger69me said:

And how do you suggest we elevate the psychology and behavioral code of fellow tenno, O' Enlightened One?

Actually right a code and/or make a youtube video or at least a posts in Players helping Players explaining:

- The previous effects cheese to the game

- How nerfs brilliantly solved these issues previously with every hero of the day weapon or playstyle tactic

- the previous meta creation of 'OP' How to's and youtube videos

- How it makes you feel

- your or others aversion to something without using trigger words that lower the perceived legitimacy of your complaint

- you can cover trolling, teamwork, sore losing, the whole nine

- copy the scouts, religious, martial or whatever and just tenno it up a bit

any of which may actually communicate with your current or future 'villains of day' in a clear manner before jumping to nerf riot which only wastes more time and builds tension in the player base, only leading to the devs  band-aiding something else into the angry target sights of another....as the (insert demeaning label) continue to do what you despise so "logically".

SynSim...the bane of pubs :( The sight and sound are annoying, adjusting the pitch down on the sound might help. Several have mentioned lowering the amount of vortices you can have going at once and I like that idea, would reduce the visual noise/spam.

Really though, a gun that replaces a warframe's ultimate, like Vauban's, should have never been introduced in the game to begin with.

how about you form you own squad and take weapons you people consider to make the game a challenge and fun and have your own brand of fun and stop wasting D.E. with your toxic post all you had to ask for was a way of ignoring other players weapon effects since its annoying you so much.

15 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

This is a public, match-made, cooperative game. When you're playing in a shared environment, some balance is necessary to give everyone a reasonable chance to participate. The "let others play as they want" part is violated when a Synoid Simulor user mindlessly spams and cheeses the entire map, leaving nothing for other players to do except walk. YES, nerf. And it's obnoxiously flashy and noisy. Its visuals and audio need to be toned WAY down.

14 hours ago, Stonehenge said:

No. Not in a coop-based game play.

if you talk about the pub, cause you're too lazy to form you own team, where you go with people you don't even know with not even a hello most of the time, this is worthless

with people you know (friend, clan, alliance,recruitment) how about just putting the condition "no simulor" ?

12 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

if you talk about the pub, cause you're too lazy to form you own team, where you go with people you don't even know with not even a hello most of the time, this is worthless

with people you know (friend, clan, alliance,recruitment) how about just putting the condition "no simulor" ?

Ridiculous. You've got it backwards. Private "friends only" games are where crap like Simulor cheese is okay. In public games, you don't ruin things for everyone else. Have a little common decency!

1 hour ago, Enbekay said:

SynSim...the bane of pubs :( The sight and sound are annoying, adjusting the pitch down on the sound might help. Several have mentioned lowering the amount of vortices you can have going at once and I like that idea, would reduce the visual noise/spam.

Really though, a gun that replaces a warframe's ultimate, like Vauban's, should have never been introduced in the game to begin with.

Ok I'm open to the idea of replacing the simulor and synoid simulor with something else got an idea you can pitch to the dev's?

21 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Ridiculous. You've got it backwards. Private "friends only" games are where crap like Simulor cheese is okay. In public games, you don't ruin things for everyone else. Have a little common decency!

You're the guy who want to force people to (not) bring some gear in pub, not me, don't talk about decency.

I don't care about what the other bring with them in pub, they are free to use whatever they want as I'm free to do so

If they manage to ruin your gameplay either,

you don't play in high level mission

Spoiler

where the foe are large in number/ respawn in large group and need be kill in less than 1 sec and when I check you profile, I see you play long enough to assume you have play the high level (90+ )

either you only care about your kill number/damage dealt (and in this last case I hope it's not this one,  you didn't understand eveything to warframe and need to correct this)

Edited by Soketsu

1 hour ago, Soketsu said:

You're the guy who want to force people to (not) bring some gear in pub, not me, don't talk about decency.

I don't care about what the other bring with them in pub, they are free to use whatever they want as I'm free to do so

Reveal hidden contents

where the foe are large in number/ respawn in large group and need be kill in less than 1 sec and when I check you profile, I see you play long enough to assume you have play the high level (90+ )

either you only care about your kill number/damage dealt (and in this last case I hope it's not this one,  you didn't understand eveything to warframe and need to correct this)

A game is about rules, in fact. Or else it's not a game. A game is about game design. The incredible amount of people who WANT to play coop BUT in the same time WANT to do exactly what they want ("have the decency to let me do what i want", blablabla) is beyond my comprehension. Cooperation is about LIMITS for every player. And to achieve together what they can't alone.

When you offer the possibility to any player to NUKE a room every five seconds you make his teamates USELESS. Okay ? Right. You are free to use what the game propose you obviously, and 80% of people go for the easier and selfish way. Because they are lazy, and selfish. They make a great teamwork when the game design force them to do so. That's why notions like balance, rework and nerf exist. To make the notion of teamplay meaningfull. When i'm tired of coop, i play Shadow Warrior or Serious Sam, or any silly open world. When i play this, i want more interdependance and teamplay. That's why i would agree to any nerf to this ugly weapon, like i was for 4 spam frames. Because this gun is just broken and overused, period.

Edited by Stonehenge

3 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

Reveal hidden contents

No, I will talk about decency. When you enter a shared public space, you need to have consideration for others. That's not controversial, and it definitely doesn't mean I'm the one who lacks decency. It's worrying that you would suggest such a thing.

As for Simulor spammers ruining gameplay, it has nothing to do with the level of enemies, though I will point out that most of the game does not have level 90+ enemies, and that includes both farming kuva and farming relics for new Primes. You essentially only see those enemies at the end of sorties, in raids, or in endless fissure missions, because those are the only ones that give you any reward for challenging them.

That aside, enemies do not actually need to be killed en masse in under a second, but it's not even a problem when they are killed quickly by some application of skill. The problem is when someone mindlessly spams a weapon in the general direction of enemies and creates a deafening, blinding, lag-inducing spectacle that makes it a challenge to even see or hear the game, in the process of killing enemies without even trying. They are reducing or removing the ability of every other player to even play the game at all, but it's indecent of me to suggest they not do this? Why is their fun more important than the rest of the team? They clearly don't even like the game, since they're so intent on breaking it.

And when that Simulor-spamming Mirage who can't aim or dodge inevitably gets downed in an actual high-level mission, I'm the one who revives her, because I brought the Vazarin focus. When kuva farming, I'm the one who brings an augmented Nezha, and throws Warding Halos on everyone's operator while stunning the guardians. But clearly, I only care about my own performance stats, and not the team or the objective, right? Please. It's because I care about the team that I want Simulor nerfed (or preferably reworked to avoid spam), its noise reduced, and Mirage/Hall of Mirrors reworked to change her interactions with launchers.

The biggest problem i have with this weapon is people don't know how to explode the shots so we can collect the loot lol......

But yes please do something about this weapon *when paired with Mirage*.

☆ Clones cannot combine with the original or other clones orbs.

☆ Lower the sound.

☆ Have the balls explode after a few seconds or not able to touch loot.

Pretty much every group seems to have a users of this and it gets annoying fast.

32 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

A game is about rules, in fact. Or else it's not a game. A game is about game design. The incredible amount of people who WANT to play coop BUT in the same time WANT to do exacltly what they want is beyond my comprehension. Coop is about LIMITS for every player. And to achieve together what they can't alone.

When you offer the possibility to any player to NUKE a room every five seconds you make his teamates USELESS. Okay ? Right. You are free to use what the game propose you obviously, and 80% of people go for the easier and selfish way. Because they are lazy, and selfish. They make a great teamwork when the game design force them to do so. That's why notions like balance, rework and nerf exist. To make the notion of teamplay meaningfull. When i'm tired of coop, i play Shadow Warrior or Serious Sam, or any silly open world. When i play this, i want more interdependance and teamplay. That's why i would agree to any nerf to this ugly weapon, like i was for 4 spam frames. Because this gun is just broken and overused, period.

In this message you want teamplay but you also say this stupid weapon can nuke a room quite easily, normal if you use a lvl 60+ (catalyst weapon with 0 to X forma) against lvl 40 foe, do you really need to go with a team for that ?

a mid high lvl weapon with a recquired MR12 to deal with foe you can already oblitare when you reach the MR 8- 9 stuff ?

In short do you get surprise that a MR12 aoe weapon destroy content that a MR10 can handle alone like the 1st sortie (fight) mission and even sometime the 2nd ?

and about what rules ? since when there are gear rules on waframe ? Who makes the rules ? You ? Cause you can't get any kill or interaction over the game when you go make you bored ? go solo. you don't like being solo, go with a team like you as I said before. because you know some people only care if the mission is complete, not getting the hightest damage/kill count.

And again, we are indeed limited but... for content lvl 120+, if you use an orkin reactor, you're twice stronger, forma enough your gear, you're twice stronger again and yet the most dangerous enemy to fight is perhaps a boss lvl 100 but right now most of the content don't exeed the lvl 40...

The notion of balance, nerf is about to bring more diversity and yet I only see this weekly call for nerf instead of really buffing the large ammount of the old (forgotten) weapons and it will happen again for the next "OP" weapon and again.

And when I play warframe I just play for being OP vs super soldiers, if I wanted coop I could go on guild wars 2 or Overwatch. But if De prefer to listen over you for nerfing evything don't worry I will just dissapear ;)

Even it's almost obvious that we can't agree on this subject, I let you try again to convince that I'm wrong to think that nerfing the simulor instead of reworking it, it is wrong.

18 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

No, I will talk about decency. When you enter a shared public space, you need to have consideration for others. That's not controversial, and it definitely doesn't mean I'm the one who lacks decency. It's worrying that you would suggest such a thing.

As for Simulor spammers ruining gameplay, it has nothing to do with the level of enemies, though I will point out that most of the game does not have level 90+ enemies, and that includes both farming kuva and farming relics for new Primes. You essentially only see those enemies at the end of sorties, in raids, or in endless fissure missions, because those are the only ones that give you any reward for challenging them.

That aside, enemies do not actually need to be killed en masse in under a second, but it's not even a problem when they are killed quickly by some application of skill. The problem is when someone mindlessly spams a weapon in the general direction of enemies and creates a deafening, blinding, lag-inducing spectacle that makes it a challenge to even see or hear the game, in the process of killing enemies without even trying. They are reducing or removing the ability of every other player to even play the game at all, but it's indecent of me to suggest they not do this? Why is their fun more important than the rest of the team? They clearly don't even like the game, since they're so intent on breaking it.

And when that Simulor-spamming Mirage who can't aim or dodge inevitably gets downed in an actual high-level mission, I'm the one who revives her, because I brought the Vazarin focus. When kuva farming, I'm the one who brings an augmented Nezha, and throws Warding Halos on everyone's operator while stunning the guardians. But clearly, I only care about my own performance stats, and not the team or the objective, right? Please. It's because I care about the team that I want Simulor nerfed (or preferably reworked to avoid spam), its noise reduced, and Mirage/Hall of Mirrors reworked to change her interactions with launchers.

Ah finally something good, you don't care about you killing stats, you care about the "team" and perhaps the mission (at least you want to show that a little)

Hum yes against low level foe, they do respawn fast enough/in not so large groupe and they do not aim correctly but it seem you didn't go to the old void often even if the simulor synoid could only be useful against the light armored foe. But it's comprehensible to think like that, it seem we will never get a reason to go 2h in high level mission anymore, no one to really stop us.

Or they just want to farm the stuff As Fast As Possible who divide again the player in the categories, those who want to take the time and those who want to rush it.

noise reduced why not, liking or not a sound is way to subjective for me

but as always, if it happen (hoppely not) is will not be you who will have to face the tons of hate thread when of this 2 nerf

Now I understand a little more you (DreamsmithJane, still not sure about Stonehenge), you're obviously from the gamers who want to fully play and feel every mission (I know someone like you), not rushing it . Even I don't like the way you want to change this (forcing it for everyone) there are a better solution who can satisfy everyone avoiding hate threads, dividing the match making pub in 2 ways.

-Explore : you take your time, and might want to explore the map, looking for ressources & Ayatan treasure or plants.

where we can ban/limit range AOE weapon if it's the thing who will always bother you (for the recent, Tonkor, Simulor, Ash)

-Rush : finish the mission ASAP, take the rewards, mooving to the next mission.

where any weapon/spell can be used without any restriction and the goal is just to complete the mission quickly

It really doesn't need a nerf at all, and the OP hasn't articulated a need for one. Darken the energy, reduce the noise. I agree here, that's just QOL. Then limit the votexes to 2-3, after a 4th vortex is created remove the 1st one. 3 more than anyone needs to have out and honestly most are created from bouncing the things off other players heads as they move in front of you.