Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Weapons Should Be Buffed

JFSIMON

Basically , Prime , Syndicate , Wraith , Dex or some kinds like those are quite popular ,

normal ones , like Tonkor , Sonicor , Amprex , Sybaris... are useful or powerful .

Most of all weapons , in my view , are just experience or just for fun .

( I should type an unpopular-weapons list , but it may be too subjective to make people upset , so I decided not to )

I suggest DE to increase the damage of unpopular weapons , or add effects on them

( CC like Amprex , leaving gas clouds like M-Cernos , floating bombs like Quanta... ) .

Buffing these weapons can make players have more choices to fight against enemies ,

rather than letting popular weapons continue shining on the battlefield .

4 minutes ago, beckettb said:

well, idk if you have done TWW, but riven mods were changed a bit to give better buffs to less used weapons.

This. Riven's are our current 'bandaid' to make lesser used weapons better until DE can ship out damage 3.0 and hopefully do a complete clean slate and get everything in the same sorta range, instead of us having just this massive gap in usefulness.

11 minutes ago, beckettb said:

well, idk if you have done TWW, but riven mods were changed a bit to give better buffs to less used weapons.

but only what is highly or lesser used, not actual power curve.
plenty of Overpowered Weapons with barely any reduction, or middleground Weapons at best which have a bit of a reduction.

the popularity contest Multipliers doesn't actually address that identified problem. Weapons with a power delta of upwards of 20 fold, and the Riven delta is like 1.5-2? get real.

26 minutes ago, beckettb said:

A lottery within a lottery shouldn't be the way to go to fix old, useless weapons - suggesting that the Glaxion riven I got that gives me fire rate and punch-through is in any way a step in the right direction to fix Glaxion's issues, and not that there's a whole list of reasons why it's bad (low damage, bad stats, ice damage is completely useless because of the way damage works in this game) is ignorant.

Old, neglected weapons need a functionality and damage revamp, but that also requires Damage 3.0 to come along and make IPS less useless and elemental damage more diverse, because right now everything that isn't Corrosive+Heat that doesn't fill some niche obscure build somehow involving Gas is straight up garbage. Not to even mention the enemy scaling that everyone has been complaining about for years.

Edited by Monchopin

2 hours ago, beckettb said:

I haven't finished yet , but I do know Riven mods .

To my opinion , later Rivens are acquired from Sorties or trading (must be expensive) ,

only a few weapons on hand can have this benefit .

And , not only unpopular weapons , popular ones also have Rivens , that means :

useless weapons become meh level , while powerful weapons become nuke level .

There's still a colossal gap between popular and unpopular weapons .

I need an overall balance , rather than more mods .

Edited by JFSIMON

13 hours ago, beckettb said:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/96095523342430103/1225D250957B174BE60A284C9D3D7BC1EB77F1E8/

I can say that the Riven mod system is a failure and is to random to address the weaknesses unused weapons have and the time spent on the riven mod system would of been better spend on a balance pass on all rifles .

all the riven mods are at the moment is a what if nightmare mods and corrupt mods had a baby and it turned out to be a defective abomination that should of been aborted.

13 hours ago, beckettb said:

So we have to get a riven to get a buff ? RNG of getting the right reward in sortie, RNG of getting the right riven for the right weapon, RNG to get something useful enough in order to get a real weapon ?

With the sacrifice of 1 slot mod making the riven mod mandatory ? I though DE and many tenno hate mandatory thing, it seem I was wrong..

anyway yes many weapon need a buff but also ammo pick-up, it would make things a lot of easier

Edited by Soketsu

Riven mods haven't helped at all, because they're locked behind:

Spoiler

Natah quest requirement (RNG entity spawns on Uranus, becomes more frequent, requires Scanner, requires access to Uranus).

Second Dream.

Sedna Junction.

War Within.

AND THEN:

Sorties exclusive.

PLUS U19.1:

Diluted Sortie loot table makes Rivens a neigh-impossible drop, even if it's labelled as 'common'.

Experience:

The only Rivens I got were:

A: Snipetron (cannot get this weapon, plat price too high, parts and blueprint unobtainable), adds dmg and ammo (sold for 40p, terrible mistake).

B: Paracyst (nobody uses this weapon, everyone hates it; apparently useless), originally added crit chance and fire dmg, at cost of status; rerolled into something better (sold for 30p, because that was the only offer I could find).

From this experience, I have already given up on Rivens. The hassle of unlocking them, only to find that they are for something you don't have, or are, bluntly put, utterly useless (specifically the Snipetron mod, because I just don't have or can't obtain that weapon).

What's worse is that you can't try to change what weapon the Riven is for, making the mod a waste of time, effort, and resources (sometimes)! 

Then you see the 'best rolls' selling for nearly 10k or more in platinum, and being used on the 'best weapons'.

DE should consider making Riven mods drop from more things than Sorties (i.e: Queens' Fortress tileset), and/or give the 'useless' or 'low-stat' weapons a reasonable buff to their crit, status, or just outright damage in general to compensate until Damage 3.0 is ready, if not 2.5. 

In short, unpopular/'useless' weapons will forever be useless until Damage 2.5 (which would be a transitioning stage while DE perfects 3.0, I doubt they've considered this).

13 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Riven mods haven't helped at all, because they're locked behind:

Hide contents

Natah quest requirement (RNG entity spawns on Uranus, becomes more frequent, requires Scanner, requires access to Uranus).

Second Dream.

Sedna Junction.

War Within.

AND THEN:

Sorties exclusive.

PLUS U19.1:

Diluted Sortie loot table makes Rivens a neigh-impossible drop, even if it's labelled as 'common'.

Experience:

The only Rivens I got were:

A: Snipetron (cannot get this weapon, plat price too high, parts and blueprint unobtainable), adds dmg and ammo (sold for 40p, terrible mistake).

B: Paracyst (nobody uses this weapon, everyone hates it; apparently useless), originally added crit chance and fire dmg, at cost of status; rerolled into something better (sold for 30p, because that was the only offer I could find).

From this experience, I have already given up on Rivens. The hassle of unlocking them, only to find that they are for something you don't have, or are, bluntly put, utterly useless (specifically the Snipetron mod, because I just don't have or can't obtain that weapon).

What's worse is that you can't try to change what weapon the Riven is for, making the mod a waste of time, effort, and resources (sometimes)! 

Then you see the 'best rolls' selling for nearly 10k or more in platinum, and being used on the 'best weapons'.

DE should consider making Riven mods drop from more things than Sorties (i.e: Queens' Fortress tileset), and/or give the 'useless' or 'low-stat' weapons a reasonable buff to their crit, status, or just outright damage in general to compensate until Damage 3.0 is ready, if not 2.5. 

In short, unpopular/'useless' weapons will forever be useless until Damage 2.5 (which would be a transitioning stage while DE perfects 3.0, I doubt they've considered this).

Spoiler

Yup, I'm soo happy I got a Riven mod for the Miter /s

The Miter, of all things.

Riven mods does not really solve the problem the way it might be sought out to do. Some weapons benefit from it, sure. It is obvious that no weapon is spared in this system. Some people got some really good Soma mods, good for them.

Sadly, even trash weapons like the Miter wouldn't be able to use it without a god-tier roll (Maybe not even that can save it). I don't want to be bothered by re-rolling the mod for it, while needing alot of Kuva to go with it.

Edited by Luffy490

There are two weapons I surely do hope they get a buff.  One being I got a riven mod but wasn't planning on holding onto it for a long time till what I saw I thought the Glaxion got a buff.  But apparently not.

I made a topic on two weapons I got confused on their displayed stats on the store and research and finally equipped, so I thought the two awesome looking weapons where buffed. Not to mention the Convectrix takes shotgun mods, with only a 100 dmg total while the others are much higher. While the Glaxion still goes through a meez of 12.5 Tho I has a Riven mod to it which is awesome thing to go back to the Glaxion.