Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcanes: FashionFrame Comes First

(PSN)LoisGordils

Like the Devs once said, tying Arcanes to cosmetics is something that they want to change. But how? Since you can only use two Arcanes at any given time (Syandana and Helmet), I propose that a dedicated Arcane slot be made available per loadout. These will let you switch between different Arcanes depending on the Warframe or weapons you wish to use. What about Arcane Distillers? Replace them with a second Arcane Slot (one must be bought for each loadout slot). This way, you can customize your Warframe how you please and still reap the benefits from your two Arcanes without tying them to a syandana or a helmet. :)

That would be a very nice improvement. Imo, the Warframe itself should have two Arcane set slots, rather than those being tied to cosmetic items, making it very limiting if you wish to re-use said items on another 'frame and the Arcanes in them are not as useful for it. Let alone the helmets are only specific to that one 'frame too, so one of your set is automatically even tied to just that one frame too.

Either way - As long as we retain ability to slot the two same Arcane sets on the same Warframe (Ie. I've got two Arcane Grace sets currently on my 'frame), I'm good.

Devstream 78:  'Arcane Distillers will no longer be required to remove Arcane Enhancements from your equipment. The Enhancements will still be installed on Helmets and Syandanas but you can now freely remove or install them at will.'

*hopefully a change to their useage (placement restrictions) will come with this change when it finally arrives

Edited by HAYABU5A

My personal preference not just for Arcane but also a rework to Focus activation:

Allow is to equip a Max of 2 Arcanes in a Passives load out that functions like Gear Wheel loadout.

Even allowing us to change Focus tree activation by having "Passives Wheel" menu in game

Although for usability sakes: a fixed 60sec Focus cooldown would be most welcomed.

Switching Focus would override Passives: So players would lose New Moon stacks if they switched to Zenurik, Madurai, Naramon, etcetera mid-mission.

Arcane Enhancements & Focus being on that Loadout Passive Slot would allow a Loadout build to be saved.

I would also like if Gear Items could be saved for these same Loadouts.

Then I can have a Fomorian/Antidote/Apothic Loadout slot saved.

3 hours ago, HAYABU5A said:

Devstream 78:  'Arcane Distillers will no longer be required to remove Arcane Enhancements from your equipment. The Enhancements will still be installed on Helmets and Syandanas but you can now freely remove or install them at will.'

*hopefully a change to their useage (placement restrictions) will come with this change when it finally arrives

Erm, why?

It's almost like they are not already a pain to use without breaking fashionframe, and most people I have spoken with refuse to use Arcanes as long as they are connected to cosmetics. And now we need to introduce more problems in the way of people that want to use their hard earned Arcanes? I wasn't doing daily LoR/NM LoR/JV runs so the Arcanes can rot in my inventory...

The free distilling change idea is good, as much as I would have preferred just a slot reserved for Arcanes, but still. IIRC Steve also said that he doesn't wan't Arcanes to feel like mods, hence the connection to cosmetic items instead of dedicated slots.

BTW, I think the general feedback category would have suited this thread better. This is not really weapon specific.