Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improve Obtaining Void Traces

Inumayobaka

Hi,

I am an old player who has been playing Warframe for 3 years.

I took a break during the Relic to Endo updates because I understood that new content would need tweaking before they were better for me dive into.
The Endo system is great. I feel very rewarded when collecting Ayatan Stars and Sculptures knowing that they are also a source of Endo.

Void Traces is what concerns me a lot.
I have seen many comments and changes it has gone through.

I remember the quantity of the Void Traces being affected by Ivara's Prowl (and skills that work similarly).

Then, I came to know that they are no longer affected Warframe's abilities but the Smeeta Kavat's Charm ability affected it to improve the amount you got instead.
I am not sure if this still works (as I do not own a Kavat yet despite me being quite the kitty-lover myself IRL).

However, my concern is that when we collect 10 Void Reactants, we get between 6 - 30 Void Traces?
How does that even work out?

10 Void Reactant = 6 - 30 Void Traces

To refine a Relic to Radiant, I need to repeat a Void Fissure mission 3 to 16 times. (3.333333333333333 to 16.66666666666667)

Please change this.

I collect 10 Void Reactants but there is a chance I can get less than 10 Void Traces?

1. I think it would be better if we get 10/20/30 either randomly (To make some form of sense as it is in multiples of 10 in accordance with the Void Reactants we obtain).

OR

2. Base it on the tier of the Void Fissure we do, up to 10/20/30/40 as the Void Fissures go from T1 - T4. -> This would encourage players to do the higher level Void Fissures for more Void Traces regardless of the objective.

Otherwise, they would be doing what I am doing (What I believe most Tenno are also doing), which is spamming Void Fissure Capture missions.
(Why?)

The Capture mission objective is quick to complete and after that we just have to focus on obtaining the 10 Void Reactants for our Void Traces.

There are 2 things that is making players "farm" so much in Warframe because of the Relic system:

1. Relics.
2. Void Traces.

You could at least increase the amount of Void Traces we get to lighten our burden as the chance of obtaining Prime parts are already low as it is. (The gentlemen behind the codework know the exact numbers for the chance of obtaining the Prime parts)

EXAMPLE (and also true story):

I did a mission with a Tenno and myself equipping Axi C1 Intact and another 2 Tenno equipping Axi C1 Radiant Relics.
Final 4 rewards:

1 x Vectis Prime Barrel
1 x Vectis Prime Barrel
1 x Vectis Prime Barrel
1 x Forma Blueprint

Another thing you could kindly do is REMOVE the Void Traces alert missions that also reward the 6 - 30 Void Traces with the randomized objective.

INSTEAD, have a Void Traces (100) Alert Mission that would actually motivate players to go and do it regardless of whatever objective that mission may have.

I'm going back to spamming Void Fissure Capture missions for Void Traces now, hoping that this post would be read by the developers of this awesome game and taken into consideration for future improvements on how we obtain Void Traces.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

An old 3-year veteran Tenno that did not realize the benefits of becoming a Founder while it was sitting there in his face and still feels saddened that he could not become a Guide of the Lotus.

Over and out.

I agree with this.

I just went into an Axi fissure exterminate. 200 mobs.
I got all 10 reactant. My prize? 7 Void traces. Running an actual relic. Intact. I Quit right there, had only 25 mobs dead. there is no point in running and killing 200+ mobs on a T4 level. to get only 7 void traces. SCRATCH that, heres the most laughable one. t4 Axi Radiant. 190 mobs ext. got 6 void traces. so i spent 100 traces. roughly 20-30 minutes of trace farming. to get 6 traces HAHAHA

Also can we get a lock reward button? for like when we are in solo mode? so we dont have to wait the extra 15 seconds to end the misson? I mean.. we only get one reward choice when running solo.... timer isnt needed

Edited by (PS4)zero1872001

Void trace amounts...are too damn low! I get 10, I get 8...it goes as low as 6. Not good enough. DE, it does not make me play the game longer. It makes me log off and want to puke. It's very off-putting. It should not be RNG, it should be a set amount of around 50 per run. There is enough grind just to get the relics.

Thank you for the replies so far. It would be helpful for all Tenno if you share this post with your friends or clan so that they may give their own input on how they would like Void Traces improved! :D

Also, I'm not sure how topics get noticed on forums like wanting senpai to notice us. I hope DE-developer-senpais notice this post. :3

On 29.11.2016 at 10:40 AM, Inumayobaka said:

Then, I came to know that they are no longer affected Warframe's abilities but the Smeeta Kavat's Charm ability affected it to improve the amount you got instead.
I am not sure if this still works (as I do not own a Kavat yet despite me being quite the kitty-lover myself IRL).

Yeah if Smeeta Kavat 120secs Charm buff is active in moment of getting 10th Reactant ur traces amount from that unvealing will be doubled.

On 29.11.2016 at 10:40 AM, Inumayobaka said:

Another thing you could kindly do is REMOVE the Void Traces alert missions that also reward the 6 - 30 Void Traces with the randomized objective.

INSTEAD, have a Void Traces (100) Alert Mission that would actually motivate players to go and do it regardless of whatever objective that mission may have

I have seen only 10 traces alert, and yeah they are quite pointless.

Also higher Traces amount per higher levels already kinda is on via Resource boosters u get from doing endless not sure at which waves. So u have a choise to Speedrun for traces or Endless for traces w/ increased amount.

Yep, endless fissures are great for farming traces, only problem are those exceptional and flawless relics you're getting until you hit the radiant rewards since you cannot refine them further, that should be changed (so you can say upgrade a flawless to radiant for 50 traces).

12 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

ive said this is in another thread but amount gained should be tied to MR. they dont need to put RNG in everything which is something they should realize.

I think that is a great idea too. This would encouraging players to increase their MR because there are benefits from doing so.

1 minute ago, Inumayobaka said:

I think that is a great idea too. This would encouraging players to increase their MR because there are benefits from doing so.

I strongly disagree with that. High MR means you already got most/all of the stuff, so all you need fragments for is for farming ducats or plat. If anything new players should get the boost to get them the items they'll actually want to use.

12 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

ive said this is in another thread but amount gained should be tied to MR. they dont need to put RNG in everything which is something they should realize.

Even as MR22 myself i dont think that Traces gain tied to MR is good idea, you already got Traces Cap depending on that.

4 hours ago, Drakorix said:

Even as MR22 myself i dont think that Traces gain tied to MR is good idea, you already got Traces Cap depending on that.

nice try but i meant SET amount + bonus per each MR rank. if the set amount is 20 no one loses and MR bonus incentivize people to rank up. not my fault if people refuse to rank up. some of those who refuse have blinders on, they think MR has no value but its tied to practically everything one more thing is not going to hurt especially if its a bonus.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

14 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

nice try but i meant SET amount + bonus per each MR rank. if the set amount is 20 no one loses and MR bonus incentivize people to rank up. not my fault if people refuse to rank up. some of those who refuse have blinders on, they think MR has no value but its tied to practically everything one more thing is not going to hurt especially if its a bonus.

Dont think DE will increase gain of traces when majority of people claims that primes is so easy to get now. I guess DE rely on that higher MR's run stuff w/ boosters anyways which makes u able to get 12 to 60 per run/rotation which can be doubled by Smeeta(which can also stack its 120 second buff multiple times apperantly).

6 minutes ago, Drakorix said:

Dont think DE will increase gain of traces when majority of people claims that primes is so easy to get now. I guess DE rely on that higher MR's run stuff w/ boosters anyways which makes u able to get 12 to 60 per run/rotation which can be doubled by Smeeta(which can also stack its 120 second buff multiple times apperantly).

with the changes to endless missions i think they are just about the same as old void. smeeta buff is a bandaid and not everyone has a smeeta nor are intrested in them. boosters are optional and should be felt when you them 40-60 with a booster is aweful imo. there is a cap so you cant even exploit it. +2 per MR rank would be pretty good.

Trace isn't really difficult to get with the changes to endless. And you're not required to run a radiant all the time, or even to bless them in the first place.

I do agree that the alert for trace needs tweaking. I don't ever bother, as I get more than 10 trace on average from a relic.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

with the changes to endless missions i think they are just about the same as old void. smeeta buff is a bandaid and not everyone has a smeeta nor are intrested in them. boosters are optional and should be felt when you them 40-60 with a booster is aweful imo. there is a cap so you cant even exploit it. +2 per MR rank would be pretty good.

For most ppl grind has been reduced already so no way DE will boost trace rates even w/ +1 per MR.
Peronally rng hates me - Nekros prime access time did 45 Radiant runs w/ 0 rare parts 

16 hours ago, ninjacat2015 said:

Anytbing that reduces grindwill never happen. Dontwaste your time asking for it. :)

How can you say that when you have posted 105 times on this forums?
Keeping silent instead of providing thoughts on what the game has to give you something new?
That is wrong.
If anything, you should join me and make another post or reply here.
This would make the developers realize the number of Tenno who agree about changes needed to be made to Void Traces.

On 12/3/2016 at 5:06 PM, Wolfglaive said:

Trace isn't really difficult to get with the changes to endless. And you're not required to run a radiant all the time, or even to bless them in the first place.

I do agree that the alert for trace needs tweaking. I don't ever bother, as I get more than 10 trace on average from a relic.

You earn the Void Traces every 5 minutes (For Survival) and every 5 Waves (For Defense).

By the time you go 2 minutes or clear 1 Wave, I am already done with my Void Fissure Capture Mission.
There is no way you earn more Void Traces than me repeating Void Fissure Capture Mission back to back (Unless you do this too).

Why?

It takes so little time to clear a Capture mission. That's why I mentioned 2 minutes.

Yes, Endless Mission have boosters now but you have to accumulate them to benefit from them much later in the Endless Missions themselves.

We could do 2-Tenno livestream, 1 playing Void Fissure Defense/Survival and another doing only Void Fissure Capture Missions back to back.
That would make it so clear on which person is earning more Void Traces over time spent.

5 hours ago, Inumayobaka said:

You earn the Void Traces every 5 minutes (For Survival) and every 5 Waves (For Defense).

By the time you go 2 minutes or clear 1 Wave, I am already done with my Void Fissure Capture Mission.
There is no way you earn more Void Traces than me repeating Void Fissure Capture Mission back to back (Unless you do this too).

You're forgetting the time invested to get the relics needed for that. Your capture missions don't grant you any relics, whereas endless fissures give you relics back so they basically do not cost you additional time farming them (as long as you pick an endless with the right drop table). That's the huge advantage in those missions. Plus the longer you stay the better the refinement quality of the relics you get, so you end up with better reward drop chances without having to invest fragments yourself.