Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SORTIE: LVL 100 Kela De Thaym. Just Impossible.

Dailenth

We all remember when Bursa's made their first appearance, they we're straight unbeatable and it would take all your precious time you have to eliminate it. Same exactly happened with Grineer manics when they we're initially released. Now I believe with have a similar Issue and It's LVL 100 Assassination targets on Sortie missions. I think DE needs to balance them more before release, just go and play at this moment the following sortie which expires in about 2 hours. You cannot beat Kela De Thaym.

My ~6.500 Corrosive damage Vaykor Hek barely flinches her and she just kills you with a rocket. I didn't find any weak spot or attacking when in Advantage, since her overhaul she doesn't fit with the scaling system and in the end she is unbeatable. DE Please when you finish modeling,texturing, animating and voicing a unit don't just ditch it out on the very next update and then after testing it on us bother balancing it.

Git Gud.

Nah really though, it wasn't as easy but i had no problems. Did it together with a mate, he had Rhino Prime i had Inaros with ~5.2k Hp. He was using Akstiletto Primes and i just slashed her with my dual Kamas Prime because..why not, lol.

4 minutes ago, HaxBox said:

If you have a good advice please post it here.

Depends on what you were doing. Solo or Team.

Most likely solo, because in a team it's super easy. (I did it solo, only because I have terrible internet)

Behind something to take armor away, like ash's seeking shuriken or the augment for banshee I don't remember the name of. 

I used Rhino and the Tigris Prime myself, seeing as I don't really like ash and weapons like the Grakata don't really strip armor away that quicky, I just ignored the armor altogether with slash procs.

EZ

limbo/frost with high reach to ignore partially/the entire orbital strikes, someone with ignis to shoot at all targets at once (so you don't receive anything more than 1 orbital strike every round), plus the others with high weapon damage/chroma/corrosive projection... these things

as bonus of the energy modifier, use primed flow and few energy pads/trinity

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

Forget the tanky frames, everyone I met with them needed constant revives. I did it after four tries with a Nova (slow), Frost (chilling globe), Trinity (energy vamp). I brought Sonicor to get rid of her shield quickly and the other two finished her off with a boltor and something else with a radiation built. 

In short its not impossible, but it can get really hard if people constantly screw up during airstrike time. 

10 minutes ago, HaxBox said:

If you have a good advice please post it here.

Well, for someone who's name is all about hacking, I'd tell you to hack her.

Now, to be a bit more serious; Inaros can take a beating, Rhino has 3 secs of invincibility for funzies, Valkyr can face-tank her for funzies, Wukong can pretty much /ignore whatever happens because he's just that cool.

Amusingly, a corrosive-based weapon is NOT the best choice against such targets. BEFORE you start raging about it though, think about it; there comes a point where your corrosive procs do away with armor and just don't contribute any more. Get a full-auto status-based rifle to take down her armor with corrosive and then go with a Viral secondary to simply remove half her health. Or go viral primary, corrosive secondary.

Now stop complaining, it wasn't anywhere near impossible.

22 minutes ago, HaxBox said:

We all remember when Bursa's made their first appearance, they we're straight unbeatable and it would take all your precious time you have to eliminate it. Same exactly happened with Grineer manics when they we're initially released. Now I believe with have a similar Issue and It's LVL 100 Assassination targets on Sortie missions. I think DE needs to balance them more before release, just go and play at this moment the following sortie which expires in about 2 hours. You cannot beat Kela De Thaym.

My ~6.500 Corrosive damage Vaykor Hek barely flinches her and she just kills you with a rocket. I didn't find any weak spot or attacking when in Advantage, since her overhaul she doesn't fit with the scaling system and in the end she is unbeatable. DE Please when you finish modeling,texturing, animating and voicing a unit don't just ditch it out on the very next update and then after testing it on us bother balancing it.

Soloed with volt with asktilleto prime built for crit +corrosive status, just do a small electric shield bunker around you (and top) so you can avoid all damage from the orbital strikes and atacks from kela , then shoot her on the face with akstilleto prime that will strip all the armor from her (status procs) and win, easy and done.

Edited by minidelight

Bring 4 CPs or any way to quickly remove armor like a 100% status Strun Wraith/Tigris Prime modded with Corrosive damage or one of the many armor removal augments and bring a limbo. When she jumps away and does the Orbital Strike have the Limbo drop cataclysm around everyone, then after the Strike ends remove cataclysm, do the button puzzle, and repeat until she dies. Really not that hard. If you're soloing bring a rhino or any other frame who can make themselves "invulnerable" to damage.

Frost, Limbo, Ivara, Volt can all make the air-strike parts trivial.

Any high RoF high status weapon modded for corrosive can strip her armor fairly fast.
As can Banshee, Ash or Trinity's armor shred augments.

After the spinners, I've begun thinking of my Ignis as a skeleton key. Aim for the middle, hold LMB for 2 seconds, done.