Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SORTIE: LVL 100 Kela De Thaym. Just Impossible.

Dailenth

Just now, Snib said:

Hit link before she lands so you don't get knocked down, then chain EV. Also works well on the Raptor. Trin's still fine to cheese bosses, Mag's been hit much harder.

Yeah, Mag went from gimmicky to pretty much useless for me. Not even good for fun TBH.

Did it yesterday with me as max range Frost Prime and my husband as Ash Prime.  I had my Tigris Prime with Viral and Radiation and Vakyor Marelok.  He had Ignis, Aktiletto, and Covert Lethality dagger.  We also had random Excalibur and Loki Prime joining our session, but I didn't pay attention too much what their load out was or what they did.  I dealt with the orbiter strikes and those pesky rollers, revived teammates and shot at Kela.  Husband did bulk of the damage on Kela using Fatal Teleport.  Had to use one or two energy pizzas but no big deal.

The group actually had more trouble getting to her room than the boss fight itself.

On 11/29/2016 at 10:26 AM, Uan91 said:

Get a mesa, it's the solution for almost every problem.

Locking your movement in a mission where everything 1-shots your squishy frame isn't the solution to any problem.

Just pop on Valkyr, a nice melee weapon, and spin2win.

Edited by Callback

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Locking your movement in a mission where everything 1-shots your squishy frame isn't the solution to any problem.

Have you ever played Mesa? Have ever read the third ability?

I've killed kela in 1 round, it's been really easy. Try to ebuild it better.

4 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

Have you ever played Mesa? Have ever read the third ability?

I've killed kela in 1 round, it's been really easy. Try to ebuild it better.

I never used her 3.  I built minimum duration and relied on her ult.  She was my favorite frame for a long time.  Since she got nerfed I haven't really played her at all.

Edited by Callback

On 11/29/2016 at 10:22 AM, HaxBox said:

We all remember when Bursa's made their first appearance, they we're straight unbeatable and it would take all your precious time you have to eliminate it. Same exactly happened with Grineer manics when they we're initially released. Now I believe with have a similar Issue and It's LVL 100 Assassination targets on Sortie missions. I think DE needs to balance them more before release, just go and play at this moment the following sortie which expires in about 2 hours. You cannot beat Kela De Thaym.

My ~6.500 Corrosive damage Vaykor Hek barely flinches her and she just kills you with a rocket. I didn't find any weak spot or attacking when in Advantage, since her overhaul she doesn't fit with the scaling system and in the end she is unbeatable. DE Please when you finish modeling,texturing, animating and voicing a unit don't just ditch it out on the very next update and then after testing it on us bother balancing it.

Nova makes it easy, trinity as well. lvl 100 kela takes about 5 minutes, it's not at all hard. DE needs to make things harder not easier.

Seriously?  I solo Kayla all the time with Nova.  I thought about soloing her for the sortie, but after accompanying clanmates through it multiple times without getting the mod drops I wanted, I lost interest and moved on to raids for the day.  She telegraph's all her attacks really well.  They're easy to avoid.  It's easy to unload on her when she leaves herself open to attack.  If you're not gonna do your due diligence and bring appropriate frames and weapons (corrosive secondary to strip armor (pox, akstilettoP), accurate viral primary for switches and stripping health (ignis, boarP, etc), damage amp or soft cc frame (frost, nova, rhino, limbo, Mesa, etc etc)) then you kinda deserve to get your butt handed to you.

Challenging bosses are few and far between in this game.  It'd be a shame to ruin this one with nerfs.