Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post your rivenboosted beautys

KRANOT

4 hours ago, zY_Spartan_Yz said:

Yeah that would be pretty good for the glaxion but the problem is... with my luck I will never ever get both +damage and +multishot on the same mod. For my Dera I settled with +damage, +heat and +punch through. The punch through is more of a nice bonus since it was mainly for the damage. I'm really happy with the way it turned out though.

u will find one at some point there is alwayes someone who dont use dera and will trade it.. that how i am got maiming strike for 50 plat....and now is 500....

12 hours ago, Azamagon said:

The zoom is both good and bad on that mod, as it works wonders in smaller maps (as it now has almost the same zoom as most other weapons have, just SLIGHTLY less), but I've had the bad luck of using it maps that has very large areas, which makes me miss its innate enhanced zoom effect.

Yeah, the -zoom would only be good on snipers, except Vulkar/Wraith which has 2.5x zoom, even less than Latron. For all the 2x zoom other weapons, I would not keep a Riven Mod with -zoom.

4 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Yeah, the -zoom would only be good on snipers, except Vulkar/Wraith which has 2.5x zoom, even less than Latron. For all the 2x zoom other weapons, I would not keep a Riven Mod with -zoom.

Fortunately, it's not that bad though, it just feels like it now has the zoom as a regular assault rifle. I've had several occasions where the reduced zoom is great. But I still miss the enhanced zoom a bit.
I'm gonna try and see if I can get ahold of another mod for the Latrons that has the same reloadsped bonus, reduced recoil, and "insert generic damageboost" here, WITHOUT a zoom penalty and see which has the better overall handling :)

On 11/29/2016 at 0:08 PM, Azrael said:

My Prisma Gorgon has been granted new life, and I love it. It was great before, but now it's kind of a monster. Also I've started using the Stradavar again.

Would you mind sharing the stats on the Gorgon one? I have one as well and liking it so far, it is around %160 +crit rate and %70 +elec (at work so don't have the exact figures).

Edit, I see you posted it afterall. Much envy, reroll must I.

Edited by Enbekay

4 hours ago, Enbekay said:

Edit, I see you posted it afterall. Much envy, reroll must I.

Heh heh, does this count as a "ninja?"

Btw, I definitely recommend looking for a +multishot stat. Those are much more effective than +damage, because they are multiplicative with your final before-multishot damage. For example, suppose you have a full build on a weapon, except that you have to choose whether to have a maxed serration with an unranked split chamber, or an unranked serration and a maxed split chamber. Which should you choose?

Here's the answer:

Spoiler

TfJmYh4.jpg

Spoiler

mQ471hB.jpg

Crazy, right? Multishot is WAY more powerful than base damage. Just, you know, keep that in mind.

I have a Zarr mod with +115% multishot, +63% reload speed, and -23% damage to infested. I want to keep rerolling for crit chance, but I don't want to lose the multishot. Cannon mode has 18 bomblets. Nullifiers evaporate and everything is showered in status procs. Barrage mode has a massive 21 pellets, innate punchthrough, and no falloff. What I'm really hoping for, though, is a Stradavar, Supra, Tiberon, or Daikyu mod.

9 hours ago, Azrael said:

Heh heh, does this count as a "ninja?"

Btw, I definitely recommend looking for a +multishot stat. Those are much more effective than +damage, because they are multiplicative with your final before-multishot damage. For example, suppose you have a full build on a weapon, except that you have to choose whether to have a maxed serration with an unranked split chamber, or an unranked serration and a maxed split chamber. Which should you choose?

Here's the answer:

Reveal hidden contents

TfJmYh4.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

mQ471hB.jpg

Crazy, right? Multishot is WAY more powerful than base damage. Just, you know, keep that in mind.

Or...you could have max Serration and max Split Chamber, and no Heavy Caliber (seriously, why would you ever use Heavy Caliber before Serration unless you really want high spread?). For damage alone, multishot is only as good as base damage, not any better. The thing that makes the difference is how much of each you already have, because increasing the lesser stat will increase the product of the two by a greater amount. That's why Split Chamber is better, there. It's a 90% increase, while Serration is only ~62% of the existing base damage with Heavy Caliber. The reason you should look for multishot over base damage is that existing mods already heavily favour base damage, so multishot is almost automatically the lower stat. If you have to choose between Serration and Split Chamber with no other mods, Serration is much better, but Serration being better is the reason that multishot mods are more desirable in the first place.

Basically, comparing Serration to Split Chamber without accounting for the presence of Heavy Caliber is misleading.

4 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

I have a Zarr mod with +115% multishot, +63% reload speed, and -23% damage to infested. I want to keep rerolling for crit chance, but I don't want to lose the multishot. Cannon mode has 18 bomblets. Nullifiers evaporate and everything is showered in status procs. Barrage mode has a massive 21 pellets, innate punchthrough, and no falloff. What I'm really hoping for, though, is a Stradavar, Supra, Tiberon, or Daikyu mod.

Or...you could have max Serration and max Split Chamber, and no Heavy Caliber (seriously, why would you ever use Heavy Caliber before Serration unless you really want high spread?). For damage alone, multishot is only as good as base damage, not any better. The thing that makes the difference is how much of each you already have, because increasing the lesser stat will increase the product of the two by a greater amount. That's why Split Chamber is better, there. It's a 90% increase, while Serration is only ~62% of the existing base damage with Heavy Caliber. The reason you should look for multishot over base damage is that existing mods already heavily favour base damage, so multishot is almost automatically the lower stat. If you have to choose between Serration and Split Chamber with no other mods, Serration is much better, but Serration being better is the reason that multishot mods are more desirable in the first place.

Basically, comparing Serration to Split Chamber without accounting for the presence of Heavy Caliber is misleading.

He wasn't talking about using one or the other, he was demonstrating the tangible reason why you'd want to aim for multishot stat in the Riven mods.

By changing only the Serration and Split Chamber mods and nothing else, he demonstrated that extra multishot in specifically a Riven mod was more valuable than extra damage when applying it on top of everything else that already existed in the build. He wasn't trying to say Split Chamber was more valuable that Serration at all, because it was simply to simulate a Riven

Edited by KotoKuraken
Cloudy Tentacles Compel You

5 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Basically, comparing Serration to Split Chamber without accounting for the presence of Heavy Caliber is misleading

It must be, because you kind of missed what I was saying. Obviously I'm not saying to use an unranked Serration, the point is that adding additional multishot is more effective than adding additional damage. When choosing between (for example) +200% damage and +100% multishot, you should choose the multishot. We ARE talking about riven mods, remember. I feel like you're taking my comment out of context. 

1 hour ago, KotoKuraken said:

He wasn't talking about using one or the other, he was demonstrating the tangible reason why you'd want to aim for multishot stat in the Riven mods.

By changing only the Serration and Split Chamber mods and nothing else, he demonstrated that extra multishot in specifically a Riven mod was more valuable than extra damage when applying it on top of everything else that already existed in the build. He wasn't trying to say Split Chamber was more valuable that Serration at all, because it was simply to simulate a Riven

Heh heh, I replied without bothering to read the rest of the comments, so I didn't see this. I guess that'll teach me!  :)

Anyway, you got what I was trying to say alright. I realize it was a little convoluted. Cloudy Tentacles compel me to say "thank you" for the support.

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

It must be, because you kind of missed what I was saying. Obviously I'm not saying to use an unranked Serration, the point is that adding additional multishot is more effective than adding additional damage. When choosing between (for example) +200% damage and +100% multishot, you should choose the multishot. We ARE talking about riven mods, remember. I feel like you're taking my comment out of context. 

I'm just pointing out that the difference is greatly exaggerated when you compare the effects of increasing base damage versus multishot while having already increased one, but not the other. If you have Serration and Split Chamber installed, but not Heavy Caliber (say, because you don't want your accuracy reduced), the 200% damage is over a 75% increase, while the 100% multishot is only about 53%. In that case, if your goal is the highest upfront damage, ignoring things like status procs, you should choose the base damage. With damage increases often appearing in higher numbers than multishot on Rivens, and Heavy Caliber being far from universally present in builds, the damage is often more valuable in terms of final DPS.

2 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

the 200% damage is over a 75% increase, while the 100% multishot is only about 53%. In that case, if your goal is the highest upfront damage,

Most people do not look for % increases in stats, they look for big numbers. The point is that a multishot mod with a fairly small number can do more than a base damage mod with a larger one, because of the multiplicative nature of multishot. People tend to look for +damage stats over anything else, even when they already use heavy caliber. And yes, heavy caliber is a very commonly used mod, especially on certain weapons (such as, for example, the weapon I posted screenshots of) as well as the Soma and Simulor, which are very meta and have sought-after riven mods. Obviously it's possible for a huge increase in base damage to overpower a smaller increase in multishot, but your statement:

10 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

For damage alone, multishot is only as good as base damage, not any better

only makes sense if you view everything in terms of relative increases only and not flat numbers, which is precisely what most players will NOT do. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that what I'm trying to say should be clear now, so I kind of hope we can start arguing about nothing.

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Most people do not look for % increases in stats, they look for big numbers. The point is that a multishot mod with a fairly small number can do more than a base damage mod with a larger one, because of the multiplicative nature of multishot. People tend to look for +damage stats over anything else, even when they already use heavy caliber. And yes, heavy caliber is a very commonly used mod, especially on certain weapons (such as, for example, the weapon I posted screenshots of) as well as the Soma and Simulor, which are very meta and have sought-after riven mods. Obviously it's possible for a huge increase in base damage to overpower a smaller increase in multishot, but your statement:

only makes sense if you view everything in terms of relative increases only and not flat numbers, which is precisely what most players will NOT do. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that what I'm trying to say should be clear now, so I kind of hope we can start arguing about nothing.

I'm not arguing about nothing, though. Base damage and multishot increases are both multiplicative. I'm saying a blanket claim that multishot is more desirable than base damage on Rivens fails to account for a lot of situations.

For example, multishot on Simulor is largely wasted, because vortex damage is low, and it doesn't significantly increase merge damage because it doesn't actually create extra projectiles. So you would use Heavy Caliber and look for a +damage (and/or fire rate/magazine capacity/reload speed) Riven.

Soma doesn't want the accuracy reduction of Heavy Caliber (seriously, it's bad) because it's a crit weapon and wants to shoot weak points. Paper DPS plummets in use when you can't get those headcrit multipliers. It would benefit from more than one of damage, crit damage, and multishot, but any of them will deliver.

Bows and snipers obviously need accuracy as well. There, base damage and crit damage (or possibly crit chance) are probably the most desirable. Too much multishot risks partial misses on headshots that will reduce damage output.

Supra, on the other hand, wants as much of both base damage and multishot as it can get, and doesn't much care about accuracy, so HC and a multishot Riven is the way to go.

And Zarr? Well, that's interesting. Multishot in cannon mode appears to multiply only the bomblets, not the cannonballs themselves, which reduces its effectiveness to around 2/3 of normal. However, Zarr favours Heavy Caliber (unless you're making room for multiple elements), and multishot greatly improves the damage density of barrage mode, allowing you to take out multiple targets with each shot at medium range (as in the case I mentioned with total multishot just over 300%). Which stat you prefer will depend on which fire mode you prefer, and whether you're aiming for pure damage or status.

Basically, I want people to do math, and not just assume that "multishot is better". Most people aren't going to consider relative increases? Well, they should. The information is there, so why not use it? Granted, this has turned into quite a tangent, and I'm not trying to antagonize you, but I thought your advice was not good/complete. Of course, it's entirely possible that people will write me off as a hopeless nerd, but look: Math gets results.

Riven mods not help ressurect bad weapons, i have few riven mods for bad weapons i not using them because good weapons without riven mod is 100x better then bad weapons with rivens, i tested ogris yesterday and other "high damage weapons" , was surprised how useless they are, 2 digit damage per hit against 130 lvl mobs with maxed damage mods, when you can take good weapon not even launcher , rifle or pistol with much lower damage stats, same setup and make thousends of damage per hit.

49 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Base damage and multishot increases are both multiplicative.

True and false. Both end up as multipliers, but there is a difference in the way that they work. In warframe damage is usually called additive when it is "additive with serration" and multiplicative when it applies as a separate multiplier from base damage or elemental mods. By this convention base damage is additive and multishot is multiplicative. There is a difference between these, which manifests as small amounts of multishot providing a large increase damage compared to small amounts of base damage. Yes, you can explain that by describing serration as a relative increase in base damage, but that isn't exactly a common practice amongst warframers. And of course the terms "additive" and "multiplicative" are not being used in any sort of rigorous way, it's just an in-house way to differentiate between where different multipliers go in the final equation.

55 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

I'm saying a blanket claim that multishot is more desirable than base damage on Rivens fails to account for a lot of situations.

Okay, yes, this is true. I guess I wasn't trying to write a guide on how to evaluate the strength of a riven mod. I was just pointing out something that people seem to miss sometimes. You are correct that "multishot is always better" is not a good way to evaluate all mods on all weapons, I just thought that people tend to underestimate the power of increasing it.

56 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Basically, I want people to do math, and not just assume that "multishot is better". Most people aren't going to consider relative increases? Well, they should.

As a math major, I'm totally with you. But I've gotten enough eyerolls from girlfriends that I've learned to stop trying to get people to think about math the way I do (common occurrence: "so you see, real numbers are not countable, even though rational ones are! Hello? Honey? Are you awake?"). Whether they should or not, the truth is that using the words "relative increase" will literally put people to sleep, and then they will drop their faces on their keyboards and break them, and then you will be responsible for all those broken keyboards/faces, and do you really want that on your conscience? DO YOU? CAN YOU HANDLE THAT LEVEL OF GUILT?

Obligatory attempt to get back on topic: I also have a great Braton mod, and I use it on my MK-1 Braton all the time. That's right, I use the MK-1. I like it, okay? I like the sound, fire rate, and general feel. I also like making fights feel a little more solid, it's more interesting than just blowing them all away like so much tissue paper. We used to do MK-1 Braton only T4 survivals, back when those were a thing. We've done trips to Mot with them as well. It holds up surprisingly well!

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

True and false. Both end up as multipliers [...]

Obligatory attempt to get back on topic: I also have a great Braton mod, and I use it on my MK-1 Braton all the time. That's right, I use the MK-1. I like it, okay? I like the sound, fire rate, and general feel. I also like making fights feel a little more solid, it's more interesting than just blowing them all away like so much tissue paper. We used to do MK-1 Braton only T4 survivals, back when those were a thing. We've done trips to Mot with them as well. It holds up surprisingly well!

What I was really trying to say there is that both are multiplicative with each other (because that's how multiplication works, after all), and the relative increase in one is going to be the thing that informs the overall increase in total damage, when deciding between them. That's true whether it puts people to sleep or not, so if they really care, that's where they should look first, right? :P I don't know about guilt. I might be a little bit okay with breaking faces in the name of math.

I'm a little jealous of this Torid Hexa-Igniata someone showed me. Damage, heat, and status chance at the cost of crit chance. 21k damage with 8.5k DPS cloud and 98% status. Only thing that would have made it better is multishot. ;)

2 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

I might be a little bit okay with breaking faces in the name of math.

I'm imagining a version of the punisher with a giant "pi" on his t-shirt, who goes around beating people up for not understanding how compound interest works. "You don't wanna compound your savings? I'm gonna come-pound your face!"

8 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

RNGesus demands blood saccrifices Q___Q

Hide contents

dLWQYE9.jpg

These mods are just stepping stones to that perfect divine roll.

Ok you've gone above and beyond... I simply got new mods once I passed the 10-12 recycle mark... but please tell me: How much kuva does it cost to recycle a mod from 30 to 31? O.O

28 minutes ago, (XB1)FCastle74 said:

I love shotguns, any revins for boar, tigris, sobek, khom? TWW about to drop on console...

thanks for that comment. for some reason weaponposting devolved into comparing rivenmodstats -.- 

9 hours ago, zY_Spartan_Yz said:

Ok you've gone above and beyond... I simply got new mods once I passed the 10-12 recycle mark... but please tell me: How much kuva does it cost to recycle a mod from 30 to 31? O.O

17350, I've been trying to find the general equation they use to generate the values with little success.  29 to 30 was 16500.

4 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

17350, I've been trying to find the general equation they use to generate the values with little success.  29 to 30 was 16500.

It's probably a 2nd degree polynomial. Something of the form Ax^2 + Bx + C, where x = number of rolls, and C = 900. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

5 minutes ago, Azrael said:

It's probably a 2nd degree polynomial. Something of the form Ax^2 + Bx + C, where x = number of rolls, and C = 900. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Actually, scratch that, that doesn't seem to work. It actually seems to increase more slowly than that. Now I'm curious, I should work it out.