Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven reroll idea

ToaSirian

This has been spoken to death a hundred times before, the notion of "locking" into a stat that you like and rerolling the others.

Overall I disagree with this notion, otherwise people would reroll into infinity until they got "perfect" Rivens. People are already pulling out some pretty amazing Rivens without being able to pick, reroll, then pick again, reroll again.

What needs to happen to fix Rivens - to start with and one amongst many things - is that Riven mods need to pull from relevant stats to their weapon. That means no more Rivens giving crit chance on a weapon with 5% crit chance in the first place and such, no more Rivens giving you IPS on weapons that have no IPS damage to speak of. A little less multiplying by zero first, then more specific QoLs after.

38 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

This has been spoken to death a hundred times before, the notion of "locking" into a stat that you like and rerolling the others.

Overall I disagree with this notion, otherwise people would reroll into infinity until they got "perfect" Rivens. People are already pulling out some pretty amazing Rivens without being able to pick, reroll, then pick again, reroll again.

People already do reroll to get perfect rivens, then they charge ludicrous amounts of plat for the people not fortunate enough to have RNG on their side. I don't see how it's fair that the people who are lucky get a sizeable advantage and are making profit from it. In a game like Warframe, everything is achievable through gameplay and there are ways to augment your luck, Relics, 'rare' mods, Arcanes, these all have ways to get around the grind and make the more desirable rewards easier to acquire, there's nothing you can do to augment the Riven lottery, that coupled with increasing reroll costs, atleast in my personal experience, doesn't make for a fun, enjoyable and fair experience.

After 3 different Supra mods, 10 rerolls each, I'm burnt out and frustrated at the fact that I can't make this weapon decent because RNG said so and like in so many other aspects of the game, I'd like to be able to augment my luck.

2 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

People already do reroll to get perfect rivens, then they charge ludicrous amounts of plat for the people not fortunate enough to have RNG on their side. I don't see how it's fair that the people who are lucky get a sizeable advantage and are making profit from it. In a game like Warframe, everything is achievable through gameplay and there are ways to augment your luck, Relics, 'rare' mods, Arcanes, these all have ways to get around the grind and make the more desirable rewards easier to acquire, there's nothing you can do to augment the Riven lottery, that coupled with increasing reroll costs, atleast in my personal experience, doesn't make for a fun, enjoyable and fair experience.

After 3 different Supra mods, 10 rerolls each, I'm burnt out and frustrated at the fact that I can't make this weapon decent because RNG said so and like in so many other aspects of the game, I'd like to be able to augment my luck.

And I will say it again: Rivens need to stop multiplying by zero first before we look at smaller quality of life changes.

I would far rather, instead of being able to "lock in" a stat right now, have the ability to know that when I cycle my next Riven mod, it's going to give me stat boosts (and perhaps negatives) based on the weapon it's for. Wouldn't you? Those perfect rolls would be immediately more achievable if your Riven did that. And, curiously enough, those prices you're talking about would immediately start to fall, because of the fact perfect rolls would be a little bit more in reach than they currently are.

Unless you're seriously telling me that instead of a proper fix, a good first start like making sure your Riven picks stats that actually matter for your weapon in the first place, you'd want the ability to "lock in" a stat... and then would like to take the chance that your next one, your next two, your next ten rerolls give you stats your weapon can't even use? In which case I'm going to call you mad. Part of the reason you have such a small chance of making any Riven decent right now is because Rivens don't care about what weapon they're for, so they will blind pick a stat from a set pool of stats to increase or decrease with no limitations. If you want your Riven to keep doing that, giving a non-crit weapon crit chance for example, or giving a purely elemental weapon a bonus to IPS damage that it doesn't do, or increasing fire rate on a bow that only caps at x2 fire rate speed, then by all means keep making these meagre complaints.

Personally, I'd like to see Rivens actually fixed first, because as soon as they start picking stats that matter to the weapon they assign themselves to, your elusive "perfect roll" is suddenly much closer than it would be if this was the suggestion they kept instead.

31 minutes ago, ToaSirian said:

I literally said `you cant lock the same stat twice in a row`

or increase the kuva cost 200% every time you lock one stat

You also literally ignored every other part of that first post as well as my second one - kudos - which explained why your idea is currently a terrible one and shouldn't be considered until the actual system is fixed first. You know, the bit where I pointed out that until Rivens actually pick stats (to increase or decrease regardless) related to the gun the Riven is for, your idea would be equally if not more costly than it already is. 

Because you could lock in your one "good" stat and then, by your two own suggestions:

1. Get a bollocks second cycle, where the positive stats have nothing to actually give your weapon and your negative stats make it worse. Well done, you still have one "good" stat, but you can no longer lock it in ever again. You now need to cycle repeatedly until that good stat reappears along with other actual good stats, or you need to wave goodbye to it, making locking it in worthless in the first place.
  2. Get a bollocks second cycle, and third, and fourth, as your Riven keeps picking stats that are absolutely complete trash for your weapon and have no relevance to it. But hey, the good news is that every subsequent cycle doesn't just cost you increasing Kuva, but it costs you an additional 200% Kuva because you locked in one good stat! Now you get to pay 200% more for awful rerolls with stats that aren't even relevant!

I mean if you want to shoot yourself in the foot, by all means, go ahead. Shoot yourself in the other foot too while you're at it, with suggestions like these, where you're actually asking DE to force you to pay and grind more than you already have to in order to try and get good Rivens. Which is what you're doing. You realise that, right? You realise that your current suggestions basically ask DE to make you grind more on a system already rigged against you or charge you more to do it.

I'm gonna stay in my camp of "Fix Riven functionality so they do what they're supposed to" before I jump into your ship of "Make small tweaks to Rivens that in theory help me get better rolls but in practise just make the already broken system work against me even harder".

Guys what @Airyllish is trying to say is, there is no point changing riven mods mechanic ATM, when they doesn't work as they should (fixing powercreep). Even if you find the best mod on your gorgon, supra etc it's still S#&$ compared to "meta" weapons, because they have no stats to begin with. Example: Nice you find +200% damage, + 120% crit chance + 90% crit damage riven on supra. That seems pretty good, don't you think? The Problem is, when supra have base damage 45 with 2.5% crit chance and 1.5% crit damage..ergo best rolled riven mod=useless.

Simple math:

45+ 200% = 135

2.5+ 130% = 11

1.5% + 90%= 2.8

Do you think, it worth your time to farm this mod and also kuva?

Edited by JustSneaky