The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Spores Ability Deals Too Much Damage

SevenLetterKWord

Spores is an aim-assisted ability costing 25 energy, with a casting range of 60 meters.
It is a one-handed action, meaning that it will not interrupt other actions like reloading, charging, or firing.
Here is the in-game description for Saryn's Spores in Conclave:

9d07dae858.png (873×173)

It would appear that Spores applies two spores, each dealing 10 damage per second for three seconds, for a total of 60 damage.
On health, Viral's +50% damage multiplier makes the total damage 90.

Already, this is excessive.

But it is also wrong.
Each spore actually deals four ticks of damage: once immediately when the ability is cast, and again every second for the next three seconds.
This makes the total damage 80, or 120 on health, vastly superior to any other comparable ability.
(On top of its obscene damage, Spores also synergizes with Saryn's other abilities.)

For context, here are the descriptions for Shuriken and Shock in Conclave:

Spoiler

531d651ff8.png (872×173)
c77b400b7e.png (869×173)

They don't come remotely close to Spores.

There is no justification for Spores to deal so much damage. It is a cheap, aim-assisted ability with functionally infinite range.
The damage should be greatly reduced.

is the fact that its toxin we are talking about... so it ignores Shield and armor... this is like Volt's overload all over, back when warframe shields used to count as corpus hits in Dojo Duels... this thing is OP: 

I'll laugh if they nerf it the same way they did the overload at the time- keeping the ability the same but give every1 else a resistance to that element and its proc... xD

6 hours ago, Tsusuya said:

is the fact that its toxin we are talking about... so it ignores Shield and armor

Spores very clearly deals viral damage, as indicated both in the UI picture and in the text I wrote.
The problem is not the damage type, it is the raw amount of damage.
Please attempt to acquire at least a rudimentary understanding of the topic at hand before posting.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
comment edited by moderator

5 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:
  Hide contents

531d651ff8.png (872×173)
c77b400b7e.png (869×173)

They don't come remotely close to Spores.

There is no justification for Spores to deal so much damage. It is a cheap, aim-assisted ability with functionally infinite range.
The damage should be greatly reduced.

I've never actually looked at the tooltips for Tr(Ash), but I'm cracking up at "homing blade of pain."

On-topic, Spores is a bit much. Nerfbat :D