Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extermination mission with nothing to exterminate

Xanoth

Just joined an online game (an alert mission with a ? reward, you can guess how happy I am that it bugged considering this is only the second one I've seen in 3 days).

There was no enemy left alive, half the doors showed as orange/yellow (locked) but still opened, we double checked every room, even the small dead ends with just lockers in them.

Every map segment showed as red, everywhere showed as having an enemy in it, the marker constantly pointed us back the way the came, even if we went there it would tell us to go back again, basically it just wanted us to jump from on room to the other over and over until the end of time.

It was a corpus mission on Venus (I believe V Prime, although it says raid, maybe the mission changed it).

I am suspecting that for whatever reason the turrets (all cameras were destroyed) were still being considered alive, even though unless activated via a camera can't be destroyed to my knowledge.

Very frustrating, really not in the mood to play anymore considering I'm unlikely to see a rewarding alert for several hours, if ever again today.

Beta.

No, seriously, remember that the game is very much still in beta. Closed beta, even. This kind of thing is very normal and getting frustrated is, though understandable, quite silly. Note it down, tell the devs (as you have done) but don't let it discourage you!

Beta.

No, seriously, remember that the game is very much still in beta. Closed beta, even. This kind of thing is very normal and getting frustrated is, though understandable, quite silly. Note it down, tell the devs (as you have done) but don't let it discourage you!

Ofc, I'm on my 3rd game after that bug already and I am not as bothered as my post may have implied.

When reporting a bug/problem, I also like to add how the player is effected, as I feel this is important for them to determin the impact of the bug. Generally speaking they are often addressed in terms of time needed to fix vs # people likely effected, but still with alert missions once players are already maxed, they are the main things people want to farm and when those bug it's a lot worse than anything else and it really hammers your motivation as it's not like you can abort and retry the alert, it's already gone and wasted.

Anyway I just feel the affect on a player due to a bug is often just as useful as the effect, depending on the bug.