Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Specter tried to kill me

LordSky00

Just spawned my L1 specter in the nightmare (no shield) Orikin defense mission and my specter started shooting everyone including me. I tagged him and he showed as enemy. My squadmate also spawned a specter and the same thing happened. Fortunately, his air support turret didn't try to kill us.

Edited by LordSky00

This happened to me - I thought it was a side effect of nightmare missions. Is it?

Just came here because someone else's specter just assaulted the F out of me during a mish.

I didn't notice it until my Peacemaker was targeting said specter.

Is this a Nightmare Mode effect - specters are non-friendly? Or is this a bug?

My only two guesses for specters going crazy and attacking teammates are:

The specter was being effected by radiation which caused it to see teammates as enemies, or..

It was a nightmare mission. Specters apparently hate you if you activate one on a nightmare mission..

It's a bug. If it wasn't being affected by a radiation state, then it shouldn't have been attacking friendlies. (As far as I know)

*Big Edit*

Fairly recently I tried to use one of my specters on a Nightmare mission. Guess what? Specters are automatically hostile on nightmare missions. My specter instantly blew me & my teammate away with my own weaponry, so whatever you do, don't activate specters on nightmare modes.

Edited by Ninjamurai
New info

• 2 weeks later...

I can almost positively confirm that specters are always hostile in Nightmare mode.

Just as ciphers cannot be used on terminals in Nightmare missions, specters cannot be used.

I don't believe it to be a bug, but rather a factor that adds to the challenge of Nightmare missions.