[DE]Danielle

Coming Soon: Saita Prime Operator Suit Alterations

2 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The current Saita Prime Operator suit design, with a specific color customization, shared unintended similarity with a symbol that unsettled some of our players. In an effort to improve the suit’s overall look the upcoming Update on PC will come with some changes. 

The original intent of the design was driven to compliment Tenno origins. The suit was meant to subtly represent the Orokin Moon, where the Tenno were kept in the Reservoir for safety. In the iteration seen below, we have added detail that highlight the concentric rings and towers found on Lua as you see it in the Star Chart. We feel the suit now better captures the essence of the Orokin Moon, and is more thematically and lore appropriate.

xp5hs1R.jpg

We hope you also feel we have been successful in improving the overall design. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. 

wonderful

• Upvote 2

Thank you to the staff for taking player's complaints and feelings into consideration!!

• Upvote 13

My main problems is the asymmetric look; the off-centre design accentuated in the differently coloured sleeves. I thought that The Orokin were turned on by symmetry? It doesn't seem to follow their standard.

I also don't care for the gray in the new torso design, since it isn't found anywhere else on the suit. Additionally, the details are oddly sharp.

I think it would be best if the suit torso was just blank, and perhaps the moon design was a Sigil that we could place or omit as we pleased.

EDIT: Also, nice consideration for TWW spoilers with those screenshots :P

Edited by AM-Bunny
  • Upvote 34

Not that I don't like this upcoming version, but... What was wrong with the old version? I mean, I'm actually curious. What was the complaint?

• Upvote 28

12 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The current Saita Prime Operator suit design, with a specific color customization, shared unintended similarity with a symbol that unsettled some of our players. In an effort to improve the suit’s overall look the upcoming Update on PC will come with some changes. 

The original intent of the design was driven to compliment Tenno origins. The suit was meant to subtly represent the Orokin Moon, where the Tenno were kept in the Reservoir for safety. In the iteration seen below, we have added detail that highlight the concentric rings and towers found on Lua as you see it in the Star Chart. We feel the suit now better captures the essence of the Orokin Moon, and is more thematically and lore appropriate.

xp5hs1R.jpg

We hope you also feel we have been successful in improving the overall design. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. 

Respect, DE.  I read up on it, some things should not be celebrated, even if the underlying meaning isn't immediately apparent.  

Edited by Danjal777
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

Not that I don't like this upcoming version, but... What was wrong with the old version? I mean, I'm actually curious. What was the complaint?

It resembled the Japanese Rising Sun flag.

• Upvote 12

3 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

If im not mistaken, with the red and white colors, it would represent the Rising Sun Symbol, give it a google

• Upvote 6

EDIT: Nvm someone showed me the current suit and how it can be made into the rising sun. People catch feelings quickly.

Edited by SirWolfen
  • Upvote 11

Just now, SirWolfen said:

I would like to know what caused this because I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

5 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

It resembled the Japanese Rising Sun flag.

5 minutes ago, Censium said:

If im not mistaken, with the red and white colors, it would represent the Rising Sun Symbol, give it a google

• Upvote 3

Just now, xRufus7x said:

Yea just as I finished typing it a friend showed me the current lazy design

• Upvote 1

Just now, SirWolfen said:

I would like to know what caused this because I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

The current design, with the right colors, can resemble the Japanese rising sun flag, something that on SEA is more controversial than the other European symbol, especially in China

• Upvote 1

Having looked again at the Saita suit, I welcome the changes to the front as the motif there did look a bit bland but the back had the colours following the stitching of the suit, like it was actually made of sections of different coloured leather, which I feel the new design misses out on by having pretty much the same motif as the front repeated.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed quote that violated the CoC
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

...People complained about this?

People complain even when the WWII-era German and Japanese flags are depicted in art for the purpose of historical accuracy.

Just now, Praxxor said:

So, they have to waste time making a new model because it unintentionally resembled something? What a time to be alive.

It appears they only updated the design on the texture, which is certainly not a herculean feat.

Regardless, the new design looks much better anyways. The original one was too simple and, uh, boring.

Still not going to use it, though, since I can't really make it match my Operator's intended aesthetics.

• Upvote 18

21 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

xp5hs1R.jpg

The suit looks better, but what do you mean unsettling ? What about the current suit makes people unsettled ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

So, they have to waste time making a new model because it unintentionally resembled something? What a time to be alive.

I don't think you get the real meaning of what this symbol mean for some people, be respectful, not like is going to ruin your game the new design 

• Upvote 27